• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug 1/2 Heart Random Damage?

Jaw895

Legacy Supporter 8
I get this problem every time i zone in to a graveyard after dying.

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
I'll edit this post when I can get more information on an attack, but I did want to mention that I've had this happen to me while not at full health multiple times as of late. I once had it happen at 1.5 hearts which I did not appreciate at all.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Multi, what class are you? and level? Do you remember x/y/z location? If this is sensitive info, PM me, I won't stalk you with it. What activity were you doing? (IE mining/standing around chatting) What was weather like? What kind of block were you standing on? And recent block interactions? Biome?

Edit: I've started a google docs spreadsheet of this. I'll make it so anyone can see and comment. Link will follow. I need to go for awhile, but I will come back and collect more data. http://tinyurl.com/aseel84
Ima fill in this info aswell..
I'm a paladin lvl 60. not remember coords, but it was above ground in -x +z area
I was standing around chatting. I do not remember weather, since I was inside. I was standing in my chestroom where my floor is made of oak planks. we're in a winter biome.
I had standed on oak planks for like 30 mins or so..

EDIT: I did not get combat tagged from this.

Nightroado

Obsidian
This happens to me quite often. It has occurred since day one of me joining the server to present. I am a farmer/dragoon, but happened while I was a warrior/crafter too. It seems to occur only when at full health.

I do not wear armor 99% of the time and it still happens so I do not think armor is involved. When I am replanting edible crops like carrots and potatoes, I spam RMB as I run down the rows. This causes me to occasionally eat a crop and cause me to regen health. It has occurred even while regenerating. It happens above ground, underground, while in water (both underwater and standing in just 1 block), etc.

I am positive the damage did not come from admin as there was no knockback, no lag damage from mobs or falling, etc. I just take a random pop for a few hp whenever I am at full health -- even when not moving for several minutes.

In the end, the server is issuing the damage for no apparent reason. The only bright side is that the server is issuing the damage when not at full health so it isn't randomly picking people off.

Aanokint

Obsidian
Ima fill in this info aswell..
I'm a paladin lvl 60. not remember coords, but it was above ground in -x +z area
I was standing around chatting. I do not remember weather, since I was inside. I was standing in my chestroom where my floor is made of oak planks. we're in a winter biome.
I had standed on oak planks for like 30 mins or so..

EDIT: I did not get combat tagged from this.
Health amounts? Armor? And greatly appreciated :D

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok OBVIOUS DEDUCTION TIME! Its doing percentage damage to the player at full HP, a possible HP mod break? idk

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Ok OBVIOUS DEDUCTION TIME! Its doing percentage damage to the player at full HP, a possible HP mod break? idk
It seems to do the first number in damage so 600=6 900=9 1000=10 Not sure if that is percentage, but its what I've noticed with the evidence.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
in other words, 1%?
Yes

Also Kainzo I'm more than likely sure its fall damage. Think about it, its not affected by armor and its percentage based. Maybe the server is reading players falling, but catches them at the same block and reads it as exactly 3 blocks (Or however far it is) idk for sure I'm no coder, but I have a good feeling that is what it going on. Might be because of the latest update too.

Aanokint

Obsidian
Yes

Also Kainzo I'm more than likely sure its fall damage. Think about it, its not affected by armor and its percentage based. Maybe the server is reading players falling, but catches them at the same block and reads it as exactly 3 blocks (Or however far it is) idk for sure I'm no coder, but I have a good feeling that is what it going on. Might be because of the latest update too.
I'd say for now, keep collecting data..

Nightroado

Obsidian
Yes

If percentage based then the server most likely thinks it is something to that effect. Either falling, suffocating, or hunger. Some sort of damage that isn't based on mobs or pvp. But it's not like we're actually doing anything to trigger this on our ends. Something is giving the server that false positive to issue that damage when we are at full health.