• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug 1/2 Heart Random Damage?

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I was damaged half a heart while in my plot in town. I was just standing in place and I randomly took damage. There was no possible way I took that damage too unless it was invisible admin as kainzo said lol.

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
Anyone who ever played AD&D knows what this is. The DM just rolled on the "wandering damage" table.

Archestro

Legacy Supporter 6
It happens to me when I'm just walking. Sometime it seems associated to breaking stone. Start around the same time as Lightforge was added. Reminds me of silverfish damage.

Pampita

Legacy Supporter 3
I was damaged half a heart while in my plot in town. I was just standing in place and I randomly took damage. There was no possible way I took that damage too unless it was invisible admin as kainzo said lol.
Maybe it can be the lag suffocating you in the wall...

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
This is definitely not lag, suffocating or damage from mobs.

This is just completely random 1/2 heart damage from something unknown. At first I thought it was a trolling admin, but I don't think that's likely - but I'm not sure what common ground we have when this happens, it seems to just be random.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/random-damage.28854/
Agreed. Wrote a bug report thread two weeks ago too without response.

I've had it both walking and standing.

Further, I've experienced it AFK in my mountain, safe and elevated, in Verstad while standing for 10+ minutes. I couldn't believe that lag/falling/creeper damage would be delayed for that long.

It's always 1/2 a heart too, it's not like 1 hp. Whatever the # of damage for half a heart of your total hp, it is done.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Speaking of that thread:
I have this issue as well. It's completely random and I haven't noticed a consistent factor that causes this.

I also do not think that the entire server experiences it at the same time. It appears to occur to random individuals at random times. I was talking with my town mates about it and they don't always get hit with the damage when I do. However, they do all take the damage at some point or another.

I've only been experiencing this since the last update was put in. The one where Kainzo accidentally included cauldrons. I do not know if that is related, but it started on that day.
Might help Kainzo

Aanokint

Obsidian
I just took damage as well. Nothing hits me for low enough to do only a half heart. I was simply in town sorting my chests too...

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
This happend to me two times today.
1. I was standing in the spawn centre chatting and stuff.
2. I was standing in my 8x8 fully lighted, closed chestroom smelting iron and chatting.

I was full on health both times.

Aanokint

Obsidian
I just checked my hp after one of these glitches, and I had 890 out of 898 hp.
Multi, what class are you? and level? Do you remember x/y/z location? If this is sensitive info, PM me, I won't stalk you with it. What activity were you doing? (IE mining/standing around chatting) What was weather like? What kind of block were you standing on? And recent block interactions? Biome?

Edit: I've started a google docs spreadsheet of this. I'll make it so anyone can see and comment. Link will follow. I need to go for awhile, but I will come back and collect more data. http://tinyurl.com/aseel84

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Multi, what class are you? and level? Do you remember x/y/z location? If this is sensitive info, PM me, I won't stalk you with it. What activity were you doing? (IE mining/standing around chatting) What was weather like? What kind of block were you standing on? And recent block interactions? Biome?

Edit: I've started a google docs spreadsheet of this. I'll make it so anyone can see and comment. Link will follow. I need to go for awhile, but I will come back and collect more data. http://tinyurl.com/aseel84
I was in my mansion (Wooden) opening my chests and took 9 damage and I have 986ish hp normally.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
This happens to me alot, I know nothing hit me unless they are invisable.