• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug 1/2 Heart Random Damage?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
This spawned out of my question in help, but others have been experiencing it too. Randomly (emphasis on random), when you stand still, walk, or run, you take 1/2 a heart of damage. It's a bit odd, and I'm assuming it's a bug.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
This spawned out of my question in help, but others have been experiencing it too. Randomly (emphasis on random), when you stand still, walk, or run, you take 1/2 a heart of damage. It's a bit odd, and I'm assuming it's a bug.

Yep, I've seen this too.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I have this issue as well. It's completely random and I haven't noticed a consistent factor that causes this.

I also do not think that the entire server experiences it at the same time. It appears to occur to random individuals at random times. I was talking with my town mates about it and they don't always get hit with the damage when I do. However, they do all take the damage at some point or another.

I've only been experiencing this since the last update was put in. The one where Kainzo accidentally included cauldrons. I do not know if that is related, but it started on that day.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
So I've been noticing this alot lately, and if you are experiencing this, please post below.
- When at full health, randomly you get 1/2 a heart damage done to you.

This happens at complete random, I think. I've been having this happen alot to me when roaming about, and there is no possible damage source around. This has also been happening to some other members such as TicklesTheMighty and Nicolaos.

If you are experiencing this too, post below so we can get a fix for this.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Possibilities:
  • Hunger damage (unlikely)
  • Fall damage (delayed due to lag?)
  • Admin hitting you while invis (very unlikely)
  • Damage from a mob / creeper that blew up just far enough away (possible)

We need to find a common ground when / where it happens.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Possibilities:
  • Hunger damage (unlikely)
  • Fall damage (delayed due to lag?)
  • Admin hitting you while invis (very unlikely)
  • Damage from a mob / creeper that blew up just far enough away (possible)

We need to find a common ground when / where it happens.

It has happend to me in spawn, in my base. It seems completely random and only seems to happen when at 10 hearts.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
It sometimes happens to me when I'm standing still and haven't gone down a block for 20 seconds, so I doubt it's lagging fall damage. It may be hunger. It may be an admin punching us, but I don't move when taking the damage, so, as a punch would knock me back a little, I doubt it's that. It usually happens in the daytime and has happened in daytime without any open spaces under me for a creeper, so I doubt it's that. The only possible reason I see of those four given is hunger.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
I have had this happen to me alot. It happens when I am just sitting in my room, running around, and nothing is near me.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I just took damage while sitting in my enclosed, well lit house, while have been browsing the forums for 5 minutes.

Kind of goes against any current speculation.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Experiencing this, just walking around a small bunch of trees, and then later in the same area walking into water one block below me. Also in my Newerth apartment, just walking around making renovations.
No mobs around, hadn't taken any falls (in plains biome), had just eaten for one of them, and I find it unlikely that admins/mods have only now decided to "abuse"/mess with me after 2 years. Though with bluejack now a mod... :p

Pampita

Legacy Supporter 3
Experiencing this, just walking around a small bunch of trees, and then later in the same area walking into water one block below me. Also in my Newerth apartment, just walking around making renovations.
No mobs around, hadn't taken any falls (in plains biome), had just eaten for one of them, and I find it unlikely that admins/mods have only now decided to "abuse"/mess with me after 2 years. Though with bluejack now a mod... :p
lol mormon your avatar is my computer wallpaper >.<
Edit: Maybe it is the you sence something evil aproaching slime?