• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug 1/2 Heart Random Damage?

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Took another 1/2 random damage in a skirmish duel with bfittipaldi. I know it wasn't damage from him, because I went invisible according to him. Forgot to check damage. It was the boat one.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
I have had this happen in a swamp standing on grass with a chain chestpiece and chain legs. I don't know the weather because I have rain turned off and I don't remember the coordinates. It was by the Newerth swamp base if that helps any. I didn't check my /hp.

Aanokint

Obsidian
I have had this happen in a swamp standing on grass with a chain chestpiece and chain legs. I don't know the weather because I have rain turned off and I don't remember the coordinates. It was by the Newerth swamp base if that helps any. I didn't check my /hp.
Class? Max health? Were you at max health before the damage ocurred? What were you doing? Healing? Afking? PVEing? Also, do you have any mods installed? Are you using a minecraft or spoutcraft client?

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Class? Max health? Were you at max health before the damage ocurred? What were you doing? Healing? Afking? PVEing? Also, do you have any mods installed? Are you using a minecraft or spoutcraft client?
I am a ranger/crafter at the moment, levels 34 for ranger and 28 for crafter. I don't know my max health, but it is somewhere between 700 and 800. I was standing still at the moment, but i was killing mobs a few minutes beforehand. I had healed to max HP, I think. I have OptiFine Ultra, Rei's Minimap, and the macro mod that uses LiteLoader, I forgot what the mod is called. It isn't Improved Chat. I am using the normal downloaded Minecraft and a regular premium Minecraft account without a Minecon cape.

Aanokint

Obsidian
I am a ranger/crafter at the moment, levels 34 for ranger and 28 for crafter. I don't know my max health, but it is somewhere between 700 and 800. I was standing still at the moment, but i was killing mobs a few minutes beforehand. I had healed to max HP, I think. I have OptiFine Ultra, Rei's Minimap, and the macro mod that uses LiteLoader, I forgot what the mod is called. It isn't Improved Chat. I am using the normal downloaded Minecraft and a regular premium Minecraft account without a Minecon cape.
Thank you very much! And type /hp ;)

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I have been damaged while typing, while in the waypoint menu of Rei's, and while in spawn selling to DHX.

It happens mostly/always at full health, and does about 50 hp, although I have noticed the damage is not the same every time.

Aanokint

Obsidian
I have been damaged while typing, while in the waypoint menu of Rei's, and while in spawn selling to DHX.

It happens mostly/always at full health, and does about 50 hp, although I have noticed the damage is not the same every time.
50 damage, or a half heart's worth?

Aanokint

Obsidian
In town, on cobblestone, trading with villagers
770/777
Were you at full health when this one ocurred? What were your recent block and item interactions? (IE what were you trading/moving around in GUI's) What biome is your town in? Were you wearing armor, what client do you use, and do you have any mods?

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Were you at full health when this one ocurred? What were your recent block and item interactions? (IE what were you trading/moving around in GUI's) What biome is your town in? Were you wearing armor, what client do you use, and do you have any mods?

Full health -> 770/777
I was trading coal in the gui, the town is in a desert
No armor
magicloader 1.4.6 with macrosmod

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Possibilities:
  • Hunger damage (unlikely)
  • Fall damage (delayed due to lag?)
  • Admin hitting you while invis (very unlikely)
  • Damage from a mob / creeper that blew up just far enough away (possible)
We need to find a common ground when / where it happens.

I really don't think there is a common ground here.
I've had it happen to me in spawn. I've had it happen while running from mobs. I've had it happen 20 seconds after I log in, I've had it happen WHILE I was falling. I've had it happen in any location under any circumstance--It is completely random and I do not believe any of the factors you listed are the direct cause.

What is the /hp - read out of the damage? how much did it do?

The damage varies from person to person and class to class because it is percentage based. At least, that's how it seems to me. It always appears to be half a heart, regardless of what level I am or what class I am. I could be wrong, so I'll try and post my /hp whenever it happens though.

Aanokint

Obsidian