• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

World Wide PvP event

Status
Not open for further replies.

GriffTV

Legacy Supporter 4
I have been thinking on the idea that, what if for one day, say every month or so, everywhere, even in PvE there was 6 hours of PvP in order to boost the rate of Player vs Player in the Herocraft community. I say there could be safe houses but you are only safe in the anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Any thoughts on the idea guys? :)

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I have been thinking on the idea that, what if for one day, say every month or so, everywhere, even in PvE there was 6 hours of PvP in order to boost the rate of Player vs Player in the Herocraft community. I say there could be safe houses but you are only safe in the anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Any thoughts on the idea guys? :)
Once a week :p

Nukadokuu

Gold
So it would be six hours of ganking noobs who then ragequit because they don't know what's going on, and everyone who does know what's going on just log off for that time. This would do nothing but irritate PvE players. Making PvE into PvP, even temporarily, is a horrible idea. It's not going to benefit anyone except the people who live in PvP anyways. Please, come up with something productive, something that encourages people to learn how to PvP or eases them in, not these half-ass attempts to get an excuse to gank noobs.

GriffTV

Legacy Supporter 4
As i said, there are safe zones. Its just an idea, and honestly, i feel like people would love it. It is a PvP server and if you dont like PvP, then you shouldnt play the server :) you just have to be careful if thats the case.

Nukadokuu

Gold
If it's a PvP server, why is half of it PvE? PvP isn't the focus of the server, just one aspect of it. Imagine what happens if PvE becomes PvP, even for a little bit. People either log off, hang out in their towns, or wander aimlessly. What does this mean? You have twice as much land to search for people to fight, except the only people you'll find are noobs to gank, who can't put up any resistance. Don't get me wrong, I'm cool with PvP, it's just you people tend to be way too focused on shoving it on everyone, and as far as I can tell, just so you can gank and camp people.

Nukadokuu

Gold
I know it used to be full PvP, I remember those days well, but it's not anymore, and like I said, bringing it back like that, or at all, would just result in people camping new players.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I know it used to be full PvP, I remember those days well, but it's not anymore, and like I said, bringing it back like that, or at all, would just result in people camping new players.
You associate PVP just with camping people, that's not all that happens and really doesn't happen often, if you look back to old maps when it was just PVP there were still people that just enjoyed the PVE aspect but they got along fine with pvpers. Now there is a giant split between players of PVE vs PVP which would never have happens if there was no PVE or Atleast not this severe. Saying that people will only get camped or log off is simply incorrect, there were many more people that played the server when it was full PVP and you could find PVP anywhere while still build or whatever else.

PhantomWarriorA

ICE ICE ICE!
So it would be six hours of ganking noobs who then ragequit because they don't know what's going on, and everyone who does know what's going on just log off for that time. This would do nothing but irritate PvE players. Making PvE into PvP, even temporarily, is a horrible idea. It's not going to benefit anyone except the people who live in PvP anyways. Please, come up with something productive, something that encourages people to learn how to PvP or eases them in, not these half-ass attempts to get an excuse to gank noobs.

Without the pve system people had to join up in groups to fight off the people that would camp. What do they do now? Stand in the fucking open with no fear of death because they literally can't die. Absolutely no way this will encourage anything, maine.

MAGYAR12

Glowstone
If it's a PvP server, why is half of it PvE? PvP isn't the focus of the server, just one aspect of it. Imagine what happens if PvE becomes PvP, even for a little bit. People either log off, hang out in their towns, or wander aimlessly. What does this mean? You have twice as much land to search for people to fight, except the only people you'll find are noobs to gank, who can't put up any resistance. Don't get me wrong, I'm cool with PvP, it's just you people tend to be way too focused on shoving it on everyone, and as far as I can tell, just so you can gank and camp people.
I honestly don't see the point of having PVE. I understand its to broaden the community of herocraft to different people but I really don't need to be a wizard or a dragoon to fight off some zombies or creepers. It just seems to be changing the player base completely until nobody will pvp anymore because they are immediately turned off from PVP because why? Because they die a couple of times to campers? That's Herocraft. Youi learn how to play the game by getting camped and raided and destroyed by people higher level than you. But now people can just say "Oh I don't feel like learning PVP I'll just hide in PVE." The veterans of Herocraft didn't get a beginners lesson on how not to die to a level 60 Runeblade. No. They learned through rough times of getting camped and absolutely obliterated 1,000 times. It builds the hardcore type community Herocraft is supposed to be. I think maybe bringing back the feature where anybody level (X) or lower can't be attacked. Maybe give them a fighting chance if you're so concerned with babying people into this HARDCORE server. Maybe if PVE dungeons were harder and had more rewards and bosses it wouldn't feel like such a weird limbo of a world. I understand @Kainzo is trying to accommodate every bodies needs and wants but in the process he has lost a great deal of the community that made this server function and have business booming. Tree Creepers , Legacy, Oblivion, etc all left Herocraft for one reason or another but I know for a fact one of them was because Herocraft was going to soft on people. This isn't a server where you peacefully build your town and make friends with the first person you meet. You are always on your guard and guessing who to trust that you don't know in real life. Dragongarde in my opinion was the highest functioning map minus a few details such as the gold standard but that was easily fixed later. I digress, This server needs to take a step back and decided what kind of community it wants. You cannot cater to both no matter how hard you try. The way things are going it seems as though Herocraft is leaning towards not being Herocraft anymore. Its not scary anymore, I'm not on my guard, not worried I'll run into anybody because I never see anyone in PVP for thousands upon thousands of blocks. I run rampant with no fear of death except maybe by mob. It makes me very sad.
Thoughts please. ^

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I honestly don't see the point of having PVE. I understand its to broaden the community of herocraft to different people but I really don't need to be a wizard or a dragoon to fight off some zombies or creepers. It just seems to be changing the player base completely until nobody will pvp anymore because they are immediately turned off from PVP because why? Because they die a couple of times to campers? That's Herocraft. Youi learn how to play the game by getting camped and raided and destroyed by people higher level than you. But now people can just say "Oh I don't feel like learning PVP I'll just hide in PVE." The veterans of Herocraft didn't get a beginners lesson on how not to die to a level 60 Runeblade. No. They learned through rough times of getting camped and absolutely obliterated 1,000 times. It builds the hardcore type community Herocraft is supposed to be. I think maybe bringing back the feature where anybody level (X) or lower can't be attacked. Maybe give them a fighting chance if you're so concerned with babying people into this HARDCORE server. Maybe if PVE dungeons were harder and had more rewards and bosses it wouldn't feel like such a weird limbo of a world. I understand @Kainzo is trying to accommodate every bodies needs and wants but in the process he has lost a great deal of the community that made this server function and have business booming. Tree Creepers , Legacy, Oblivion, etc all left Herocraft for one reason or another but I know for a fact one of them was because Herocraft was going to soft on people. This isn't a server where you peacefully build your town and make friends with the first person you meet. You are always on your guard and guessing who to trust that you don't know in real life. Dragongarde in my opinion was the highest functioning map minus a few details such as the gold standard but that was easily fixed later. I digress, This server needs to take a step back and decided what kind of community it wants. You cannot cater to both no matter how hard you try. The way things are going it seems as though Herocraft is leaning towards not being Herocraft anymore. Its not scary anymore, I'm not on my guard, not worried I'll run into anybody because I never see anyone in PVP for thousands upon thousands of blocks. I run rampant with no fear of death except maybe by mob. It makes me very sad.
Thoughts please. ^
Tl;Dr version: same things have been said and never acted upon.

Nothing is going to change just because people bitch and moan. I do miss the olden days of all PvP because the server worked so well. However they are gone had their own problems.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Thoughts please. ^
This. It's not herocraft anymore, it's carebearcraft.
Tl;Dr version: same things have been said and never acted upon.

Nothing is going to change just because people bitch and moan. I do miss the olden days of all PvP because the server worked so well. However they are gone had their own problems.
all of those maps had problems with the economy and balance issues but nothing to the extent of splitting the playerbase in half

PhantomWarriorA

ICE ICE ICE!
Thoughts please. ^
das it hawmie

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
Ahh world pvp, the days of never using more than iron/stone because every time you go mining, a ranger tracks you down, gathers his gank squad, and utterly destroys you to take your heard earned minerals.

GoodGrief

Legacy Supporter 9
PVE works. Leave it alone. It is PVP that is broken .Why is the solution for improving PVP always messing with PVE? If you wanna make PVP better then make suggestions that would change PVP. Like a road network that provided a speed boost or protection from attack by way of patrolling NPCs. If PVE became PVP I would not play during that time period. I like to build and do not wanna be looking over my shoulder because some asshole decides to camp my construction site. And your response would be," well getting better at fighting". So I do, and I kill em, and they respawn, and return. Over and over this happens. It's quite boring warding off some dip shit that won't truly die. When all you wanna do is build a god damn bridge. I actually became a ranger so I would have a wolf buddy to watch my back while building in PVP. That, as you know, never happened. That fact is nothing of consequence can be built on a active battle field. So in conclusion PVP's problem is not PVE. PVP's problem is PVP.

Malarb

ICE ICE ICE!
That fact is nothing of consequence can be built on a active battle field.
Now this really isn't a true statement. If you had been around for the older maps you would have seen that some of the most beautiful towns I have ever seen were built, and it was on an all-PvP map too. People seem to think that an all pvp map translates to pvp at ALL times. People think that because pvp is on you will get ganked and camped at all times with no reprieve, but people don't realize pvpers play the regular game too. They build, mine, farm and level like the rest of everybody else. I'm not saying anything aganist pve, but the way people view all pvp maps are all wrong.

Also if you don't wanna get camped or have some "dipshit" come after you over and over again, make some friends. Like Magyar12 said some of the greatest HC communities were on all-PvP maps. People would band together and make empires or large towns. Sure people will come after you but thats when you get your friends together and have some fun or just scare them off. The only way someone will camp you for an extended period of time is if you pissed them off and you would have yourself to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.