• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Herocraft PVP

Would you like to see the return of Coliseums and Deathmatches to HC?

• Yes

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but with increased World PVP incentives.

Votes: 20 58.8%

• Total voters

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I have a dream... I have a dream that one day right here on the server of Herocraft, that little pvp girls and little pvp boys will be able to join hands with little pve girls and pve boys as sisters and brothers.

I'd like to bring up some old Herocraft PVP plugins that saw a lot of use and I think would be an easy win for everyone. This would require minimal coding work, was widely popular when in-game, and gives more avenues for new and veteran players to enjoy PVP. One of the main concerns I see when I bring up coliseums and DM's, is that it takes away from world PVP. World PVP is in pretty bad shape as stands, and providing alternative options while increasing world pvp incentives gives everyone more opportunities to enjoy the game.

Coliseums
  • The old /col duel to que up
  • A betting/wager system
  • 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5
  • Multiple maps/arenas in rotation

Deathmatches
  • FFA
  • Max of 20-30 players
  • 30 minute to 1 hour intervals between matches
  • Entry Fee with Monetary Prize for top kills
  • Multiple maps in rotation

World PVP Enhancements
  • Disasters/Events (spawned by staff)
    - Zombie/Nether/Giant invasions target random towns
    - Dragons/World Bosses appear randomly throughout the map
  • World Objectives (automatically initiated by server)
    - Conquest Outposts - castles in each mach quadrant that rotate becoming active/inactive. Basic King of the hill style pvp, with the group actively controlling the outpost gaining some kind of reward.

With that being said, I don't want to put more work on the staff/coders. I've been talking with brother about his java experience, and I'm attempting to persuade him to help with some of the coding if any of these ideas are approved (he's working on his master's in computer science, but has some free time during the week).

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree but I doubt a lot of vet's will come back, most people who quit due to lack of pvp think its to far gone to fix it seems like.

Malarb

ICE ICE ICE!
I think the whole Coliseums idea from previous maps turned into the arena server. It would be pretty cool if we were able to access it without having to go to TD though.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I think the whole Coliseums idea from previous maps turned into the arena server. It would be pretty cool if we were able to access it without having to go to TD though.

Basically, with the main differences being the que anywhere system, and the betting/wager system to increase incentives.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
This is geared for the current player base mostly (Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see some old faces).
However, newer players would have easier avenues to learn to pvp, and veteran players would have more competition to play against.

Ice_Burner

Legacy Supporter 1
It was being worked on way back around when the arena world came back, just like samurai balancing... Just another one of Kainzo's false promises.

JacobBurkey

Portal
@werwew19

Or could be because they kept losing and gave up on life also.
Nah, it's cuz lack of pvp.
This is geared for the current player base mostly (Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see some old faces).
However, newer players would have easier avenues to learn to pvp, and veteran players would have more competition to play against.
This 'new player base' is literally only pve. They probably don't even know the server has pvp. No point in trying to bring back pvp, just keep adding more stuff until it's just a creative server.

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
Adding a bit more to the idea of a command to queue for a match. Remember the roots of herocraft. While we may try to hide it, games like World of Warcraft have given us inspiration. Notice how said game has a queue system in which you don't have to travel to engage in pvp. Why not add a similar funciton, it clearly worked for them.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
It was being worked on way back around when the arena world came back, just like samurai balancing... Just another one of Kainzo's false promises.
Actually, I know for a fact kainzo wanted a solution, but couldn't find a way to give players the ability to just warp there.

Now that I think about it, why isn't it a skill?

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Well, looks like there's a lot of positive feedback and interest in this. Is there any chance @Kainzo that some of these previous plugins could see a return to HC? I can speak more with my brother on the matter in terms of getting the coding worked out. He's played on the server before, and I've talked with him briefly about the goals mentioned above. If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know (I've been hanging around IRC more).

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Adding a bit more to the idea of a command to queue for a match. Remember the roots of herocraft. While we may try to hide it, games like World of Warcraft have given us inspiration. Notice how said game has a queue system in which you don't have to travel to engage in pvp. Why not add a similar funciton, it clearly worked for them.
Remember herocraft two years ago when it was only PVP, no PVE and there was still tons of people always on? Some still didn't PVP but they were happy and still played.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
Finding avenues for all player types to enjoy the game should be the focus, in my humble opinion. I enjoy both aspects of herocraft immensely, and hope to find ways for everyone to do what they enjoy at any point in time.

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
Remember herocraft two years ago when it was only PVP, no PVE and there was still tons of people always on? Some still didn't PVP but they were happy and still played.

xD I left within a couple weeks of joining, open world pvp is no fun when you have to regear every time someone decides to attack you (cuz iam baed)

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
xD I left within a couple weeks of joining, open world pvp is no fun when you have to regear every time someone decides to attack you (cuz iam baed)
Now you wouldn't need to regear at all because it's carebearcraft. Keep all your gear when you die :/

LovelyArmor

Legacy Supporter 4
Nah, it's cuz lack of pvp.

This 'new player base' is literally only pve. They probably don't even know the server has pvp. No point in trying to bring back pvp, just keep adding more stuff until it's just a creative server.

A lot of people in PvE do go over to PvP.
Or they enjoy the aspects of PvE.

Let's stop blaming the PvE players for the lack of PvP, kay? This is about bringing more PvP to more players. You aren't going to get any PvE players to PvP with you if all you say is shit like this.