• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[World] Add Daily Bonuses / Objectives

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
(I went to edit my above reply to add this, but it's stalling out as usual, so I have to make a new post)

Pevips and chivalrous/legit PvPers alike make up -together- a large portion of Herocraft's member base, and it is clear that we might suffer a (temporary) setback in numbers if we don't include them in any potential Daily Incentives/Rewards Program. Do you have anymore ideas for some other incentives for them remaining active on the server? I have some great ideas for the PvE'ers of the server, but that's probably because that's my role on Herocraft, so I know what incentives might be useful (without being game-breaking), and what goals would be fun (if not laborious) to strive towards.
Feel free to object some. I would like to have lots of objectives to keep players busy, and active throughout the day, but a reasonable amount so as not to deter people from going after the "Complete Every Objective" goal.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
Sorry, meant to make a post and lost track of time. I don't like the idea because I feel its too tedious. Even as a builder or a PvE fan, I don't see this as fun. Not to mention it kinda defeats the purpose of doing things as a group. That being said, I would love to see some more events, just not these events/objectives. I hear the DoD is making a return, wait for that, its gonna be sick.
Hey Victim, mind out specifically stating which ones are tedious, and how they might be changed? Also there are a few here that I would consider as "doing things in a group" in a way. For the "Get The Last Hit On Any Boss" objective, unless you can solo a boss this will have to be done in a group.

Also, I am aware that a level sixty may be able to just go to Necropolis and kill the Necromancer Boss, but I wasn't sure how to incorporate level restrictions and whatnot to that quest. Any ideas? Also, the "Have Five Players Join Your Town" objective would really support what you're asking, or so I would think. With people more actively trying to get players to join their town, new players may feel more comfortable / safe on the server and stay, rather than not logging on the next day. It would also promote larger, or more towns, which could potentially mean more dungeon runs, which means more PvP opportunities, and it all branches out from there. Any other ideas / suggestions bout how it could be made better, and not how it's already bad?

There was no rating to convey my feelings about this, so I rated it as Touché as a positive filler. I kinda like some of it but dislike a lot of other stuff in it, but overall it was a net positive.

Basically I like the idea of daily objectives, but I dislike really all of your ideas and the direction you want the quests to go. While I like the idea of PvP objectives, there's too many ways to get around them. The PvE objectives are just encouraging people to repeat the grind everyday, and that sounds terrible to me.

If you could make them unique or, y'know, "fun," in any way that would be great. The only way I can think of to do that would be to add new content, which I don't see happening.

MAYBE, if we get Wars started again we could get automatic War Objectives to be given upon login. Such as help lay siege to a town, kill X number of people, etc.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
There was no rating to convey my feelings about this, so I rated it as Touché as a positive filler. I kinda like some of it but dislike a lot of other stuff in it, but overall it was a net positive.

Basically I like the idea of daily objectives, but I dislike really all of your ideas and the direction you want the quests to go. While I like the idea of PvP objectives, there's too many ways to get around them. The PvE objectives are just encouraging people to repeat the grind everyday, and that sounds terrible to me.

If you could make them unique or, y'know, "fun," in any way that would be great. The only way I can think of to do that would be to add new content, which I don't see happening.

MAYBE, if we get Wars started again we could get automatic War Objectives to be given upon login. Such as help lay siege to a town, kill X number of people, etc.
The ones I added were just examples, and very few of them were actually intended to be implemented. I could try making some new ones that would be more fun.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5

Yeah, you're right, after thinking for an hour or two I still can't think of any reasonable replacements for the tedious ones. I do like objectives "have 5 players join your town", "kill 3 players who are higher level than you", and "kill 10 players in a row without dying" but that's just me.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Hey Victim, mind out specifically stating which ones are tedious, and how they might be changed? Also there are a few here that I would consider as "doing things in a group" in a way. For the "Get The Last Hit On Any Boss" objective, unless you can solo a boss this will have to be done in a group.

Also, I am aware that a level sixty may be able to just go to Necropolis and kill the Necromancer Boss, but I wasn't sure how to incorporate level restrictions and whatnot to that quest. Any ideas? Also, the "Have Five Players Join Your Town" objective would really support what you're asking, or so I would think. With people more actively trying to get players to join their town, new players may feel more comfortable / safe on the server and stay, rather than not logging on the next day. It would also promote larger, or more towns, which could potentially mean more dungeon runs, which means more PvP opportunities, and it all branches out from there. Any other ideas / suggestions bout how it could be made better, and not how it's already bad?
The problem is that these are all things are anti-group. Sure, recruiting players promotes growth, but then you have "Kill 3 Different Players who are a higher level than you." or "Kill 1000 Mobs without being in a party" or "Kill 10 Different players without dying" and "Get the killing hit on any boss". They are all favorable or required for you to solo them. That is assuming the tracker for this picks up parties at all. Then all of them are required to be solo. This makes it all tedious. Doing things alone in an MMO Sandbox is not at all fun. It becomes a task that you simply just ignore. Even for 500 coins I would never do this.

If you want my suggestion: DoD(Dome of Death) Promotes parties. No one can kill mountains of monsters alone. Back in the day we would form multiple parties just to survive. Then when you died you had to think about having healers and wizards to get back in reliably. You had to think about what AoE you brought and whether or not you had the single target to push closer monsters away. Was a fun time.

We need more server-wide events and less objectives like you suggested. Something that brings us together. I'd love to see a return of Last Man Standing Tournaments, Large Team Tournaments, DOD, Defend Spawn and the amazing drop parties that followed.

To close my post and in no way do I mean this to be rude, but in no way do we ever need these objectives you suggested. They are not group friendly at all and even for solo things to do, they still wouldn't be fun.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
The problem is that these are all things are anti-group. Sure, recruiting players promotes growth, but then you have "Kill 3 Different Players who are a higher level than you." or "Kill 1000 Mobs without being in a party" or "Kill 10 Different players without dying" and "Get the killing hit on any boss". They are all favorable or required for you to solo them. That is assuming the tracker for this picks up parties at all. Then all of them are required to be solo. This makes it all tedious. Doing things alone in an MMO Sandbox is not at all fun. It becomes a task that you simply just ignore. Even for 500 coins I would never do this.

If you want my suggestion: DoD(Dome of Death) Promotes parties. No one can kill mountains of monsters alone. Back in the day we would form multiple parties just to survive. Then when you died you had to think about having healers and wizards to get back in reliably. You had to think about what AoE you brought and whether or not you had the single target to push closer monsters away. Was a fun time.

We need more server-wide events and less objectives like you suggested. Something that brings us together. I'd love to see a return of Last Man Standing Tournaments, Large Team Tournaments, DOD, Defend Spawn and the amazing drop parties that followed.

To close my post and in no way do I mean this to be rude, but in no way do we ever need these objectives you suggested. They are not group friendly at all and even for solo things to do, they still wouldn't be fun.
I hear what you are saying. I'll try to make the objectives more party friendly. Also, I never said that we NEED these objectives, but I think they're a cool way to promote players coming back each day.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I hear what you are saying. I'll try to make the objectives more party friendly. Also, I never said that we NEED these objectives, but I think they're a cool way to promote players coming back each day.
I can agree with the fact that quests/rewards that involve a group but only benefit a single individual sucks.

Last map the quest involved getting the last hit on a boss. Seeing as bosses spawn every 30 min, and only one person could get the kill it just sucked over all to complete the quest. T6 dungeon bosses take several people and if everyone wants to finish a quest you're looking at a whole night affair stuck in the dungeon. Quests should reward people for exploring etc so that's why I would be against quests like that.

Quests/objectives/whatever else that involve groups are fun but need to reward the entire group as a whole to really work.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5

Not just DoD

We need more GM-led events! How about a new gamemaster staff rank that just does this stuff all the time?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Not just DoD

We need more GM-led events! How about a new gamemaster staff rank that just does this stuff all the time?
Hi yeah, Event Coordinator here.
DoD's are pretty much a nogo in their old form.
I'm open to suggestions on Event Ideas. I'm only one person and I try to do the best I can.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Hi yeah, Event Coordinator here.
DoD's are pretty much a nogo in their old form.
I'm open to suggestions on Event Ideas. I'm only one person and I try to do the best I can.

I didn't know such a team existed awesome.

So, what can you do? I'd rather not waste your time with undoable suggestions

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I didn't know such a team existed awesome.

So, what can you do? I'd rather not waste your time with undoable suggestions
Yeah, the Event Team isn't the most active or staffed but I'm tyring.

DoD's are the only thing off the top of my head that I can say I'm not allowed to do.
It's far easier for people to suggest things, and I'll work out the how's and if's.

Generally, we don't want to give away XP or items, but we want the Items/XP/Whatever to be worth it.

Item/Mob based events are the easier since i can do all the config work.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Yeah, the Event Team isn't the most active or staffed but I'm tyring.

DoD's are the only thing off the top of my head that I can say I'm not allowed to do.
It's far easier for people to suggest things, and I'll work out the how's and if's.

Generally, we don't want to give away XP or items, but we want the Items/XP/Whatever to be worth it.

Item/Mob based events are the easier since i can do all the config work.

Well what made DoD so successful imo was it took place in a region space that was no PvP just for the time. Could we have regular world bosses that spawn in at such a place? Perhaps the architects could make a structure that is spawned in temporary for the occasion. That would be cool

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Well what made DoD so successful imo was it took place in a region space that was no PvP just for the time. Could we have regular world bosses that spawn in at such a place? Perhaps the architects could make a structure that is spawned in temporary for the occasion. That would be cool
Raid Bosses can be a thing.
*Let's stop hijacking this thread :p

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
I can agree with the fact that quests/rewards that involve a group but only benefit a single individual sucks.

Last map the quest involved getting the last hit on a boss. Seeing as bosses spawn every 30 min, and only one person could get the kill it just sucked over all to complete the quest. T6 dungeon bosses take several people and if everyone wants to finish a quest you're looking at a whole night affair stuck in the dungeon. Quests should reward people for exploring etc so that's why I would be against quests like that.

Quests/objectives/whatever else that involve groups are fun but need to reward the entire group as a whole to really work.
I wasn't here for a large amount of last map. And I agree the objectives I suggested do not promote parties that well, and they are examples. Not intended to be implemented, just to get the idea across.
Yeah I'll make a new lost later lol

edit: point was that this thread is well intentioned by the actual suggestion isn't very good
Also, Dielan, I just think it would be cool to have objectives in general which is why I made the thread. I agree, the way I portrayed the idea was not very good, but it appears to have gotten the idea across. Better objectives, more party friendly ones, and such are needed to make this idea decent.

Eldrex

Legacy Supporter 5
Sorry, meant to make a post and lost track of time. I don't like the idea because I feel its too tedious. Even as a builder or a PvE fan, I don't see this as fun. Not to mention it kinda defeats the purpose of doing things as a group. That being said, I would love to see some more events, just not these events/objectives. I hear the DoD is making a return, wait for that, its gonna be sick.
I just realized I put this in event... was meant for survival *Facepalm*