• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Read Working To-do List: Community Edition

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
What bugfixes do YOU want to see the server prioritize?
We are going to be using this thread as a working list of things to do for our growing coder base and admins to fix. As things get
completed, we will mark them off of the list. Feel free to reply with a suggestion, if notable, it will be appended to the list!
The order does not reflect the list we will accomplish these issues.

This thread is not for new ideas. Only bugfixes and our planned features.
@Coders
To Do:
  • Large empty chasms are in and between all dungeons, allowing mobs to TP in - and consequentially TP players in as well
  • Large Townships fixes of various magnitudes - specifically /township plot info <plot> needs to have info on who has perms to the plot
  • Monk's Leap is severely undertuned
  • Arrow damage scales awkwardly with arrow velocity
  • Arrow damage is severely reduced against higher tier mythic mobs
  • /skill port list gives arbitrary test information, needs to be formatted more efficiently
  • Changing professions will unprepare your prepared skills (minor inconvenience but still unintended)
  • Need to add Spires (alternate /port locations)
  • Need to add altars/monoliths (specific areas you're permitted to /class, /prof, and prepare skills)
  • Farmer is all sorts of awkwardly messed up
  • GroupTeleport should have a CHAT prompt to the receivers if they want to be teleporterd or not. (ACCEPT, REFUSE) - make it so within 5-10s to accept and then it auto cancels
  • Fix the Disarm item deletion bug
  • Implement a referral system so players can refer another player for coin
  • Increase damage from fire ticks (probably best per skill rather than global fire)
  • Endurance reads "Used Endurance on %target%" even though it is self cast.
  • Towns that fail taxes are deleted, they should not be deleted but instead should unclaim all chunks. Towns that are first created should have to claim their base chunk instead of having it auto granted where they claimed.
  • Skill "Tumble" does not apply for any fall damage sustained after your first death during your logged-in session. Relogging reapplies it until you die again.
  • Placing items in the /skills menu deletes the items.
  • Shears do not work to cut vines nor sheep wool.

Fixed:
  • Remove Endurance affecting armor weight so Relics can utilize them more consistently
  • Consolidate learning new skills to class NPCs around spawn, cost via coin. Old-school WoW style class trainers! - DONE
  • /test's o-chat needs to reach live. - DONE
  • Implement Vote Crates - DONE
  • Some of the order/chaos relics not craftable with their respective catalysts - Live
  • Conquest point implementation - Live
  • Summon Animal skills are broken - https://paste2.org/ynDJwt3M - Fixed pending Heroes branch fix.
  • /hero whois <player> needs all information removed, except for NAME, CLASS and PROFESSION. - Fixed pending Heroes branch fix.
  • Dreadsteed's horse is not mountable (likely broken with Holy Steed as well) - Fixed pending Heroes branch fix.
  • Runeblade ToxicRune's damage ticks can apply Fireblade and ToxicBlade - Fixed pending Heroes branch fix.
    • Additionally ToxicBlade damage ticks can apply Fireblade
  • Quality of life overhaul on MythicMobs in all dungeons - Live
  • Creepers do percent-based damage to MythicMobs, namely one-shotting (or coming close to one-shotting) bosses. Solution: make MythicMobs immune to explosions, as those only come from TNT and creepers? - Fixed pending Relics patch.
  • Obvious DeepFreeze nerfs - Live

Last edited by a moderator:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
What quality of life changes/bugfixes do YOU want to see the server prioritize?
We are going to be using this thread as a working list of things to do for our growing coder base and admins to fix. As things get
completed, we will mark them off of the list. Feel free to reply with a suggestion, if notable, it will be appended to the list!
The order does not reflect the list we will accomplish these issues. This thread is not for new ideas. Only suggestions.

- Dreadsteed's horse is not mountable (likely broken with Holy Steed as well)
- Some of the order/chaos relics not craftable with their respective catalysts
- Large empty chasms are in and between all dungeons, allowing mobs to TP in - and consequentially TP players in as well
- Quality of life overhaul on MythicMobs in all dungeons
- Large Townships fixes of various magnitudes
Add the conquest points

Eunwolf

Retired Staff
What quality of life changes/bugfixes do YOU want to see the server prioritize?
The order does not reflect the list we will accomplish these issues. This thread is not for new ideas. Only suggestions.

- Dreadsteed's horse is not mountable (likely broken with Holy Steed as well)
- Some of the order/chaos relics not craftable with their respective catalysts
- Large empty chasms are in and between all dungeons, allowing mobs to TP in - and consequentially TP players in as well
- Quality of life overhaul on MythicMobs in all dungeons
- Large Townships fixes of various magnitudes
- Monk's Leap is severely undertuned
- Conquest point implementation and balancing

Fix velocity on rangers arrows since view distance was increased

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Fix velocity on rangers arrows since view distance was increased
Velocity determines damage (and since 1.9 is impossible for us to actually manipulate properly) so that's a no go.

Eunwolf

Retired Staff
Velocity determines damage (and since 1.9 is impossible for us to actually manipulate properly) so that's a no go.
Well that sucks, it drops at like 10 blocks so its so hard to actually play at range as a ranger

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
Monk's leap is not undertuned. It's a safefall that can be used with more versatility. Do not, I repeat, do not buff it. Having a jump on Monk would be insane, as the class is already strong as is.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Well that sucks, it drops at like 10 blocks so its so hard to actually play at range as a ranger
Update: Tentative plan is to have a completely different damage system on Relics bows which won't have this problem.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Armor fixes ( I have to bring stacks of leather for multiple armor sets when leveling )
Weapon fixes ( Why do classes need to drag themselves to spawn to fix their weapons what was a coder workaround, make it a command )

Wryl

Coal
My suggestion is about balancing the necromancer ,
Necromancer is supposed to be that dot mage with no mobility that heals itself .
there are 2 big problems .
first problem is about recycling mana . necro has a skill called dark ritual , basically dark ritual allows necro to trade its 100 hp for 200 mana .
the problem about dark ritual is necro's self heal is not enough , main self heal and only self heal skill is drain soul and it heals for 83 hp and it costs 100 mana . so basically if you use both of these skills together its 13 hp for 100 mana and 100 mana is not enough for a caster , you suicide in order to gain mana or you only gain 100 mana and most of your skills costs more than 100 mana . my solution for this is giving necro soul leech . soul leech fits the dot concept and it heals more than 83 hp but the main difference between these skills is one of them heals you instantly and the other one heals at the end of the effect , still dot'ing the enemy and kiting is necromancers' play style so sou leech fits better .
what would this fix ? More hp regained = more mana and its dot so it fits the concept .
second problem is cc (crowd control) . As you all know necromancer has no crowd control , my solution for this problem is giving necro shadowknights' Terror skill . there is no need to code another unique skill for necros' cc , instead give him a skill from shadowknight . shadowknight and necro are similar classes , why aren't they using the same cc ?
Those were my solutions for balancing necro .

I would like to hear everyone's opinion , thanks for reading .

Piptendo

The Trade Prince
Staff member
Max Legacy Supporter
My suggestion is about balancing the necromancer ,
Necromancer is supposed to be that dot mage with no mobility that heals itself .
there are 2 big problems .
first problem is about recycling mana . necro has a skill called dark ritual , basically dark ritual allows necro to trade its 100 hp for 200 mana .
the problem about dark ritual is necro's self heal is not enough , main self heal and only self heal skill is drain soul and it heals for 83 hp and it costs 100 mana . so basically if you use both of these skills together its 13 hp for 100 mana and 100 mana is not enough for a caster , you suicide in order to gain mana or you only gain 100 mana and most of your skills costs more than 100 mana . my solution for this is giving necro soul leech . soul leech fits the dot concept and it heals more than 83 hp but the main difference between these skills is one of them heals you instantly and the other one heals at the end of the effect , still dot'ing the enemy and kiting is necromancers' play style so sou leech fits better .
what would this fix ? More hp regained = more mana and its dot so it fits the concept .
second problem is cc (crowd control) . As you all know necromancer has no crowd control , my solution for this problem is giving necro shadowknights' Terror skill . there is no need to code another unique skill for necros' cc , instead give him a skill from shadowknight . shadowknight and necro are similar classes , why aren't they using the same cc ?
Those were my solutions for balancing necro .

I would like to hear everyone's opinion , thanks for reading .
Massive class overhauls will occur once systems stabilize. Don't worry, your baby will be saved. <3

Zrock1013

Retired Staff
A current thought on towns, and where they fit into the equation in the current server climate. With the current population of players sitting at an average of 30-35 people on at peak times during the day, I think that we need to look at how towns are impacted by the economy. The cost of a town, and to claim all of the available chunks at level 1 is around 500c. Which for a single "mayor" to fund is no joke, what I am proposing is to make towns more centered on gathering "in game resources" rather than doing whatever possible to make a quick credit. This proposal hinges on the idea that a town can gather a larger quantity and a more diverse amount of items to lower the cost, and to make the grind to upgrade more of a communal effort rather than a tax or mayoral duty.
I also believe that with changes regarding incentives based on town population, we could create a system that promotes the town passively generating more money/resources that would create reasons to invite new players other than an increase in taxable bodies. These changes would allow for the recruiting of completely new players to a town without worries of losing resources if they leave.
Thanks for giving this a read and I would like to hear opinions on the matter.
Zane

MysticMight

Coder
Architect
When classes are being balanced, I would like to see better mana regeneration (or lower cooldown for replenish skill say 1.5 min) for wizard. I tend to run out of mana very quickly (even when hitting targets) and often have to wait 30s to 1 minute to regenerate mana more then about 30% or so (If I wasn't using any) using the replenish skill. I often see melee classes take out mobs basically without using up stamina, though mana is often used up significantly for casters.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Only owner can withdraw from town bank, this is unintended behavior as SIC is supposed to have mirror perms for everything, except mayor assign, its also been suggested that council should have the ability as well ( possibly toggleble )

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
We also are in need of having Hoppers and Dispensers re-added

So the ability to be crafted
Ability to be placed

Dispensers: Boat exploit no longer exists ( We can use em now freely ) , and arrow damage has been fixed. There's no reason it would continue to be banned
Hoppers: The speed hoppers run at can be adjusted if there are lag issues, and its already against the rules to create large redstone structures without mod approval anyway

biowaier

TNT
Dreadknight's Dreadsteed is mountable, but doing so eats the saddle if you use the full 60 seconds.

Soundmaniac

Legacy Supporter 5
It would be great if you guys reconsidered the priority on updating fire tick damage. With fire ticks only doing 1 damage, being on fire basically works as a flickering damage shield thanks to damage ticks making you invulnerable. During PVP you buff your opponent, and in PVE you're taking unnecessary extra damage due mobs just walking through your attacks.