• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Whats A PVE

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I feel like you arent looking at any facts, you think 30-40 a day and that is also during the weekend is high? all you guys that think there isnt a problem right now arent seeing the bigger picture there are so little people on that no one cares to play. You think keeping the way it is will help, you guys make me want to slit my wrists by the stupid remarks you make. Obviously its not the PvE server that drove everyone away cause u no that was the biggest change this map and last map and you know there is about 1/4 of the people that used to play. This utter bs is what makes people leave too. Wake up and smell the roses. THE SERVER IS DYING AND ALL YOU CARE TO DO IS SIT THERE AND LET IT WASTE AWAY. Instead of sitting there why dont you agree that one mistake has been made and instead of living with the mistake that few enjoy fix it. Im done with this shit and im calling PVPERS to see what they think. @I_Love_Miners @Trazil @JupiterRome @xMJay @Xhazed @RShooter2000 @what777 @Darkwerty @Glacial_Reign @werwew19 @SpikesLoL @LafeD @blugauga_5 @JupiterRome @CoolBeans279 @Im_a_Pickle Idk if you realize majority arent active and you think its cause little things like no one playing, no its cause everyone that is playing is hiding away playing in PvE which is just destroying the server slowly one person at a time.
mhm xhazed pvp's heaps...

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
I feel like you arent looking at any facts, you think 30-40 a day and that is also during the weekend is high?
Did you even read my posts? I never said anything about those numbers being good. I've seen ten times that online at once. The entirety of my posts in this thread have been about explaining why there is a problem and the solution to said problem.

all you guys that think there isnt a problem right now arent seeing the bigger picture there are so little people on that no one cares to play. You think keeping the way it is will help,
You're putting words into people's mouths here. We can all agree that the server divide is bad, but you seem to think the utter murder of PvE is the solution, when it is in fact the only way we can make things worse. @whiteninja1970 did a great job of covering that...assuming you actually read his post.

you guys make me want to slit my wrists by the stupid remarks you make.
Lets keep it at a certain caliber of maturity here.

Obviously its not the PvE server that drove everyone away cause u no that was the biggest change this map and last map and you know there is about 1/4 of the people that used to play. This utter bs is what makes people leave too. Wake up and smell the roses. THE SERVER IS DYING AND ALL YOU CARE TO DO IS SIT THERE AND LET IT WASTE AWAY.
Let me reply to this with another quote.
It's almost as if minecraft is losing popularity...
In addition, Munch, take a look at the numbers. The number people who play PvE are increasing. I see new names that are sticking, every day. Its a simple population statistic. When the wolves hunt most of the moose, many wolves die to starvation. The moose population increases due to there being fewer wolves and the food source is abundant for the remaining wolves. You are a wolf asking "Y R der no mooses??" The answer is "Because you killed them all".

Instead of sitting there why dont you agree that one mistake has been made and instead of living with the mistake that few enjoy fix it.
I think theres a thread about that somewhere. Let me find it. Oh wait. Its this thread.

Im done with this shit and im calling PVPERS to see what they think.
-list of names-
Idk if you realize majority arent active and you think its cause little things like no one playing, no its cause everyone that is playing is hiding away playing in PvE which is just destroying the server slowly one person at a time.
Ugh. My eyes hurt reading this. This is exactly my point. You PvPers scared all the people who just wanted to build away to PvE. IF THERE WAS NO PVE THEY WOULD LEAVE ENTIRELY AND WE WOULD BE FACED WITH THE SAME PROBLEM BUT WITH EVEN LESS PEOPLE! And now because there is no one to rape and pillage (moose) the PvPers (wolves) are dying off (of starvation) What don't you understand about this? If you can't take the time to read my posts and digest them intelligently then I am done arguing with the barbaric hoards of children who think that raping and pillaging is the only way to play Minecraft.

TsiJiang

Legacy Supporter 9
@munchlaxhero I'm not saying these maps aren't doing worse off that their predecessors, but have you taken into account real world changes when making your statistics? (starting of new semesters in schools and colleges, lifestyle changes, hardware malfunctions) A lot of things can cause players to up and disappear without notice (especially for school age players) or it could very well be what @malikdanab is stated, that people are just getting turned off minecraft as a whole. So unless explicitly stated by each individual player before they left, we can't be exact on why they made that choice.

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I feel like you arent looking at any facts, you think 30-40 a day and that is also during the weekend is high? all you guys that think there isnt a problem right now arent seeing the bigger picture there are so little people on that no one cares to play. You think keeping the way it is will help, you guys make me want to slit my wrists by the stupid remarks you make. Obviously its not the PvE server that drove everyone away cause u no that was the biggest change this map and last map and you know there is about 1/4 of the people that used to play. This utter bs is what makes people leave too. Wake up and smell the roses. THE SERVER IS DYING AND ALL YOU CARE TO DO IS SIT THERE AND LET IT WASTE AWAY. Instead of sitting there why dont you agree that one mistake has been made and instead of living with the mistake that few enjoy fix it. Im done with this shit and im calling PVPERS to see what they think. @I_Love_Miners @Trazil @JupiterRome @xMJay @Xhazed @RShooter2000 @what777 @Darkwerty @Glacial_Reign @werwew19 @SpikesLoL @LafeD @blugauga_5 @JupiterRome @CoolBeans279 @Im_a_Pickle Idk if you realize majority arent active and you think its cause little things like no one playing, no its cause everyone that is playing is hiding away playing in PvE which is just destroying the server slowly one person at a time.
Dude saying you wanna slit your wrists is my thing fuck off m8

btw I had jreem where me got admin mwahahhaha
- But for real PvE Ruined the Economy

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
So I figured I'd drop my 2 cents.

Attributes:
Personally I like the idea. But they don't add enough to the game for them to do what they want to do. You're a Caster? Good thing you put 20 points into strength...oh wait. Attributes don't allow for really really different classes. Sure you can do more Wis or Str for Paladin depending on what you wanna do, but overall they aren't very different. Both absorb damage, both do heals, both CC, both act as Strikers.

PvE:
The PvE map is an interesting case. The old PvPers who've stayed seem to think that it is the sole cause of the servers slow decay, and that removal would bring back every single old PvPer who left. Wrong. It might be able to draw back SOME of the old PvPers who left, but most of them have probably moved on. And the former PvE players? Do you think they're gonna want to stay in a hostile environment where they get harassed all day and told they suck cause they're level 10 and they're attacker was lvl 60? No, the ones that do stay are gonna stay holed up in either a Town or Personal region and living underground. The rest of em? They're gonna leave. If people stopped the whole "Gank, murder, Pillage" mindset maybe one map would work.

The solution is NOT removing PvE entirely. The suggestions of Flagging or Zoning are steps in the right directions. But we don't really know what's gonna work until we try them.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
@strongholdx I don't think you understand this... if you want pvp but there aren't many people on you will kill them when you get the chance. more people on one server = more variety= less camping

I joined the server during Bastion and I've enjoyed it much more than Aegis and Haven for these reasons, there were enough people that you could always find pvp, there were enough people on so that you weren't always being tracked so you could do other things like build, the server was so much less complicated with no attributes, and I though the map looked much nicer too. (the lotto was also really nice in Bastion :p ) I'm not saying that I hate pve but I do favor pvp and the server did survive before pve was made. many of the people on pve also played on previous pvp maps.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
also your stuff dropped on death actually rewarding pvp instead of now where you get almost nothing

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
also your stuff dropped on death actually rewarding pvp instead of now where you get almost nothing
This.

I'm not an avid PvPer, but I still agree with this. Taking away items on death makes PvP less rewarding (There's actually some science behind this but I won't go into it)

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
many people also left because some promised things have taken too long or have been pretty forgotten about totally

Xhazed

Portal
Lol im not really a pvper i was just a troll that pvped to troll. And server is dying cause of stupid actions from smart people. I would have liked it for there to never have been a PVE map and i would have liked it if mods/admins didnt get involved in things and just let it roll unless it calls for a ban yea bye dead

TsiJiang

Legacy Supporter 9
This.

I'm not an avid PvPer, but I still agree with this. Taking away items on death makes PvP less rewarding (There's actually some science behind this but I won't go into it)

I also agree (though i'm not a PvPer at all) that is would be a good idea for PvP.(Turning loot drop back on i mean) The only kicker is that it might cause players to just stop carry anything valuable with them and revert to wooden items when PvPing lest they lose their precious enchanted diamond weapons and armor. It also would force PvPers who actually level and build on that server to be a little more cautious when gathering resources, and particularly with PvE server still around, might cause the even more cautious ones to just farm resources from PvE instead, draining the map quicker (not that most PvPers care for PvE server status anyway)

tl;dr
+rewarding PvP
+molds the more cautious player (being aware of your surrounding is kinda key for PvP)

-at risk of losing prized gear players may opt for using mundane weapons and armor making the loot not all that great
-tilts the risk vs rewards scale against PvP farmers and PvP Builders
-overly cautious players farm on PvE and drain resources faster

Last edited:

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
If we had one map then simply PVE players join a town for protection, someone comes to kill you, you call your town mates which creates a small fight.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
It was better when PvE was completely separate from PvP, now everyone just gets their items without any repercussions

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I also agree (though i'm not a PvPer at all) that is would be a good idea for PvP.(Turning loot drop back on i mean) The only kicker is that it might cause players to just stop carry anything valuable with them and revert to wooden items when PvPing lest they lose their precious enchanted diamond weapons and armor. It also would force PvPers who actually level and build on that server to be a little more cautious when gathering resources, and particularly with PvE server still around, might cause the even more cautious ones to just farm resources from PvE instead, draining the map quicker (not that most PvPers care for PvE server status anyway)

tl;dr
+rewarding PvP
+molds the more cautious player (being aware of your surrounding is kinda key for PvP)

-at risk of losing prized gear players may opt for using mundane weapons and armor making the loot not all that great
-tilts the risk vs rewards scale against PvP farmers and PvP Builders
-overly cautious players farm on PvE and drain resources faster

I doubt it would. While there would less ultra valuables (Gladiator weps or rare item drops) people would still carry enchanted and powerful weps cause they would then have and advantage and be able to win.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I doubt it would. While there would less ultra valuables (Gladiator weps or rare item drops) people would still carry enchanted and powerful weps cause they would then have and advantage and be able to win.
there wouldn't be less gladiator weapons at all, conquest = medal farm

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
there wouldn't be less gladiator weapons at all, conquest = medal farm
I meant people carrying them around. But if they're that common due to medal farming, then nothing would change really. Newer or PvP weary players would be less likely to use them but the regular PvPers would keep em out.