• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Whats A PVE

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Multiple worlds dont decrease lag. (yet, in 1.9 it will).
Ok maybe not worlds but servers, for instance the PvE and PvP servers if PvE was the resource map would it still lag as bad, i can see how people would be more on PvP but maybe we should have the resource map have something else people want, protection of their stuff, people enjoy the residents in PvE for the fact that only you and others that you approve of can open things up, if we keep that both servers should be equally as good. The main maps keeps conquest points and other activities while the resource map keeps the protection that a lot seek.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
There used to only be one map and that worked out just fine - arguably better than it is now. Why though? Because a breed of competitive and childish player was introduced who just wants to rape and pillage anything that comes near them.

Camping lost souls for hours? Check.
Massive raids on people who wanted nothing to do with PvP? Check.
Trash talk and harassment for not being a PvP god? Check.

What made the game fun for few made the game suck for many. It drove the masses away and promoted an elitist "I mastered this class before the guy who just joined, so I win" attitude.

Then when it was just the PvP elitists left and there was no one to PvP, they all got bored. Then the question 'why is no one playing' was asked and no one could seem to figure it out. People had this "Well gee, I've killed every living thing in a fifty mile radius, why is there nothing more to kill?" mentality that blinded them to their own work. Players were being driven away by the mindless amounts of PvP and experienced players were getting bored and decided to leave because apparently players don't respawn like mobs.

PvE is a way to introduce players into the old Herocraft where everyone got along. The Herocraft many older players like myself dream of. Its a way to gather the player base without letting the mindless hoards of horny trash-talking thirteen year olds cannibalize them before they get a chance to even check the place out.

The solution is not to kill PvE. The solution is to PvP less than we do now in a PvP setting.

Make everything PvP? Sure, you've got my vote. But it requires something on your part too. PvP less. If you think you're part of the solution, it is very possible that you're part of the problem. Anyhow, just my 2s worth.

Chao

Last edited:

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
There used to only be one map and that worked out just fine - arguably better than it is now. Why though? Because a breed of competitive and childish player was introduced who just wants to rape and pillage anything that comes near them.

Camping lost souls for hours? Check.
Massive raids on people who wanted nothing to do with PvP? Check.
Trash talk and harassment for not being a PvP god? Check.

What made the game fun for few made the game suck for many. It drove the masses away and promoted an elitist "I mastered this class before the guy who just joined, so I win" attitude.

Then when it was just the PvP elitists left and there was no one to PvP, they all got bored. Then the question 'why is no one playing' was asked and no one could seem to figure it out. People had this "Well gee, I've killed every living thing in a fifty mile radius, why is there nothing more to kill?" mentality that blinded them to their own work. Players were being driven away by the mindless amounts of PvP and experienced players were getting bored and decided to leave because apparently players don't respawn like mobs.

PvE is a way to introduce players into the old Herocraft where everyone got along. The Herocraft many older players like myself dream of. Its a way to gather the player base without letting the mindless hoards of horny trash-talking thirteen year olds cannibalize them before they get a chance to even check the place out.

The solution is not to kill PvE. The solution is to PvP less than we do now in a PvP setting.

Make everything PvP? Sure, you've got my vote. But it requires something on your part too. PvP less. If you think you're part of the solution, it is very possible that you're part of the problem. Anyhow, just my 2s worth.

Chao
I like how everyone thinks it drove a lot away, we have less people than ever before WHAT ISNT BROKEN DONT FIX IT

TsiJiang

Legacy Supporter 9
I like how everyone thinks it drove a lot away, we have less people than ever before WHAT ISNT BROKEN DONT FIX IT

I understand what you're trying to say, but you can't change what's already been done. And I personally think (In my humble opinion and a couple of other people posted this as well) that trying to revert the server back to it's previous state is going to cause more harm than good. Chances are by now, the PVP players that you're so desperately trying to get to come back have moved on and might not bat an eye for coming back to this server, If you change it back. At those stakes then, what good is reverting the server when you get back 5 - 10% you're trying to call back to the server and lose the population of the PVE players who play on it to avoid PVP elements? The Hosts and admins for this server are trying to avoid such a scenario.

Either way the issue is already being addressed (Thank you, Kainzo), and I stated by 6 cents.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
I understand what you're trying to say, but you can't change what's already been done. And I personally think (In my humble opinion and a couple of other people posted this as well) that trying to revert the server back to it's previous state is going to cause more harm than good. Chances are by now, the PVP players that you're so desperately trying to get to come back have moved on and might not bat an eye for coming back to this server, If you change it back. At those stakes then, what good is reverting the server when you get back 5 - 10% you're trying to call back to the server and lose the population of the PVE players who play on it to avoid PVP elements? The Hosts and admins for this server are trying to avoid such a scenario.

Either way the issue is already being addressed (Thank you, Kainzo), and I stated by 6 cents.
I also understand where you are coming from but i think it should be up to the community IE a Poll, and trust me it can be done, its not the first time we have seen big unseen changes fast

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6

Sanctum had 30 active towns varying in size all with at least 15 members each (many had more). Currently both maps have some 100 active players. a a rough difference of 350 players or more. The drop in number was because of the spike in PvP. What kind of player subjugates themselves to being beaten to death over and over again, especially if they dont have to? No one. People left because of PvP. Herocraft wasn't broken, PvP was introduced en mass and then it was broken.

If we bring the servers back together the PvPers will have their fun until every last PvEer will up and leave because they're really not interested in being the plaything for hoards of pubescent american males. It would be repeating history, it would be breaking Herocraft again!

However my point still stands. Maps merge. We PvP less than we do. Things go well. I've seen it work. I've seen the server at max capacity, I've seen players whine about not being able to log on because we've got 525/500 players online. PvP isn't the solution, its the problem. With something as complex as a Minecraft server you can't just slap some duct tape on it and 'fix' it. The administration didn't introduce PvPers. The players themselves did. The administration didn't try to fix something not broken. The players broke it themselves. Don't try to pin it on the admins.

The solution is simple but no one wants to go the length to do it.
PvP less. Put down the sword and grab a pick. Build something.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
From my experience PVE caused more harm then good, for example if you take a server with 1 world with around 100 people on then split it into 2, some players will go to the new world. This leaves the first world with less and less people (less to kill in the case of PVP/PVE) so now WHENEVER you see someone on that you know where they will be, you go and kill them. Now they might quit to PVE and the problem continues, the problem isn't PVP itself, it's that there isn't many people to kill because of the maps splitting.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
An option

All pve map, with the option for towns to war eachother (each town must agree to the war). That way its not a gankfest. Make it so only towns at war are the only ones that can be raided with tnt. I think this could solve the problem.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
An option

All pve map, with the option for towns to war eachother (each town must agree to the war). That way its not a gankfest. Make it so only towns at war are the only ones that can be raided with tnt. I think this could solve the problem.
and what about pvp while there isn't a war?

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Arenas and such. Pvp towns would likely always be at war with each other.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Arenas and such. Pvp towns would likely always be at war with each other.
world pvp is better than an arena, adds more variety and wars would restrict pvp again to only certain people causing them to be camped

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
it's that there isn't many people to kill
This is the mentality that I'm talking about. The mindless slaughter of people who, don't want to and in many cases, will not fight back.
If you want to kill everyone all the time, go play Call of Duty. Its that whole mentality that split the server in two anyway. Keeping that mindset will not fix the problem. Munch keeps saying that if 'it aint broke don't fix it', well we can all agree that the current system is broken, but no one seems all that keen on actually changing the way they go about things.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. The push for the server merge is just so that the drought of helpless victims that PvPers love to prey on so much will end. Its sort of sickening.

Meljardo

Gold
My question is why should someone be subjected to doing something they don't want to do just to be able to play a server they enjoy? The mentality seems to be "don't like pvp? to bad go elsewhere this is our place." or "Want to pvp? Too bad we want pve." No one I have seen has yet suggested a simple solution. A group of people get together and talk about what makes this server great (from a pve AND pvp perspective). Then make up some banners, word blurbs, and such. these people then go to forums, local conventions or where ever (but never other servers or their websites) and advertise! Get new members (yes pvp and pve both) to join, and the issue would hopefully be solved without having to remove a server, leaving everyone happy. Just a thought.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
This is the mentality that I'm talking about. The mindless slaughter of people who, don't want to and in many cases, will not fight back.
If you want to kill everyone all the time, go play Call of Duty. Its that whole mentality that split the server in two anyway. Keeping that mindset will not fix the problem. Munch keeps saying that if 'it aint broke don't fix it', well we can all agree that the current system is broken, but no one seems all that keen on actually changing the way they go about things.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. The push for the server merge is just so that the drought of helpless victims that PvPers love to prey on so much will end. Its sort of sickening.
I feel like you arent looking at any facts, you think 30-40 a day and that is also during the weekend is high? all you guys that think there isnt a problem right now arent seeing the bigger picture there are so little people on that no one cares to play. You think keeping the way it is will help, you guys make me want to slit my wrists by the stupid remarks you make. Obviously its not the PvE server that drove everyone away cause u no that was the biggest change this map and last map and you know there is about 1/4 of the people that used to play. This utter bs is what makes people leave too. Wake up and smell the roses. THE SERVER IS DYING AND ALL YOU CARE TO DO IS SIT THERE AND LET IT WASTE AWAY. Instead of sitting there why dont you agree that one mistake has been made and instead of living with the mistake that few enjoy fix it. Im done with this shit and im calling PVPERS to see what they think. @I_Love_Miners @Trazil @JupiterRome @xMJay @Xhazed @RShooter2000 @what777 @Darkwerty @Glacial_Reign @werwew19 @SpikesLoL @LafeD @blugauga_5 @JupiterRome @CoolBeans279 @Im_a_Pickle Idk if you realize majority arent active and you think its cause little things like no one playing, no its cause everyone that is playing is hiding away playing in PvE which is just destroying the server slowly one person at a time.

Last edited:

TsiJiang

Legacy Supporter 9

It's a good idea but the not the current issue. The current issue is how PVP players dislike PVE due to players flocking there and leaving PVPers nothing to kill. Again, I agree also with @strongholdx that the mentality that the server should do nothing but kill each other all day every day with little to no extracurricular activities is what's killing the PVP side of the house. @munchlaxhero consider what could also happen if the dev team decides to completely turn the server into PVP again:

Obviously, the PVE only players will get fed up and leave, One or two may even exist in the dev team itself, which might cause them to split off and make a completely new server based on the same plugin set ups as the current PVE server, and all the PVE only players would flock there again causing the same problem we have to begin with. You'd have to essentially change each and every person's mentality about how they want to play the game, to prevent this. (or at least the people who know how to make a server)

Everyone wants to use the Hero plugin system, the township system, the events, and the community; but our divide is that some of us don't want to be subject to having to get ganked, be stalked, get harrassed, verbally abused, and forced to hide and run all the time that comes with a server with players of a round-the-clock PvP mindset.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
It's a good idea but the not the current issue. The current issue is how PVP players dislike PVE due to players flocking there and leaving PVPers nothing to kill. Again, I agree also with @strongholdx that the mentality that the server should do nothing but kill each other all day every day with little to no extracurricular activities is what's killing the PVP side of the house. @munchlaxhero consider what could also happen if the dev team decides to completely turn the server into PVP again:

Obviously, the PVE only players will get fed up and leave, One or two may even exist in the dev team itself, which might cause them to split off and make a completely new server based on the same plugin set ups as the current PVE server, and all the PVE only players would flock there again causing the same problem we have to begin with. You'd have to essentially change each and every person's mentality about how they want to play the game, to prevent this. (or at least the people who know how to make a server)

Everyone wants to use the Hero plugin system, the township system, the events, and the community; but our divide is that some of us don't want to be subject to having to get ganked, be stalked, get harrassed, verbally abused, and forced to hide and run all the time that comes with a server with players of a round-the-clock PvP mindset.
I assure you their server would not be successful, also yes some might leave but more will come back, you have to make consequences in order to achieve goals.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
How exactly would the PvPers come back just simply from removing PvE though? If you removed PvE, people from PvE who do not want to get ganked may just simply leave or just stay at PvP and hide all day inside their reigned house or town. Yes before PvE was added, there was a lot of "PvP," but were majority of those kills from "PvP'ing" from actual group fights in which both groups are fully maxed and not from ganking low levels over and over again? If you look at the many of the people who spend all of their time if not most of their time in PvE now, were they originally active PvPers who actively went out to look for people to kill or raid others? No. Most of them probably just hid in their town.

So if we were to remove PvE, we're simply back to where we were before. Active PvP'ers looking for players to kill, but majority of the time just gank low levels OR a fight in which a group outnumbers/outlevels another group and then people whining in /o chat about the fact they would've won if they weren't outnumbered and would've "GG360NOSC0P3R3KT" the other group. Or an actual fun and "fair" group fight actually happens.

Note: Probably some grammar/spelling errors in this text, Idk how to turn off autocorrect ;_;

Last edited:

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
How exactly would the PvPers come back just simply from removing PvE though? If you removed PvE, people from PvE who do not want to get ganked may just simply leave or just stay at PvP and hide all day inside their reigned house or town. Yes before PvE was added, there was a lot of "PvP," but were majority of those kills from "PvP'ing" from actual group fights in which both groups are fully maxed and not from ganking low levels over and over again? If you look at the many of the people who spend all of their time if not most of their time in PvE now, were they originally active PvPers who actively went out to look for people to kill or raid others? No. Most of them probably just hid in their town.

So if we were to remove PvE, we're simply back to where we were before. Active PvP'ers looking for players to kill, but majority of the time just gank low levels OR a fight in which a group outnumbers/outlevels another group and then people whining in /o chat about the fact they would've won if they weren't outnumbered and would've "GG360NOSC0P3R3KT" the other group. Or an actual fun and "fair" group fight actually happens.

Note: Probably some grammar/spelling errors in this text, Idk how to turn off autocorrect ;_;
Silly Pug you an elder a more worthy person then other peasants, you must realize that haven and aegis have been the least successful maps the former failing within a month and a half, there is still time to change back the clock redo what has been done vanquish all faults within these maps. If thy wants it that way thy will see through with it.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Silly Pug you an elder a more worthy person then other peasants, you must realize that haven and aegis have been the least successful maps the former failing within a month and a half, there is still time to change back the clock redo what has been done vanquish all faults within these maps. If thy wants it that way thy will see through with it.
It's almost as if minecraft is losing popularity...