• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Whats A PVE

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Sorry to intrude, but I don't quite understand what you mean...
Are you suggesting

If PVE was removed, with 40 people on it, 20 would transfer to PVP and 20 would quit, and these extra 20 people would bring 100 People at least back.

Also lets remove attributres, and let balance team go make desiscions by itself and then we would have 1 server with 100+ Constant players and a happy comunity that doesn't serve all types of players cuz that doesn't work.

I'm not trying to critisise, but I would like to understand what you mean before I make a decision about it XD
you're decision means shit anyways, because kainzo runs this, and kainzo can do whatever he wants regardless of anyones opinions or decisions.

LOTS of people quit because of pve, sure we got a ton of people on pve, GOOD FOR THEM! i bet they're very happy.

Even if you took PVE out and EVERYONE on it you would still have over 100 people come back to HC, that'd be over 120 on pvp. Hitting a slowest of 50 on pvp which is still more than enough.

Sometimes i see 60 people on HC and i get really excited just to realize only 20 are actually on pvp so basically no one.

But then it all hits me again, why give a shit? kainzo makes his decisions (sorry to say) but obviously the wrong ones, since we've been averaging at 30 players instead of 130 (which is easily achievable if you just make smart decisions) but like i said, no point in giving a shit when nothing you say can help the server. I'll let you guys do whatever the fuck you want.

Good luck and hopefully it turns out good one day, im just here for the ride (or at least some of it)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
you're decision means shit anyways, because kainzo runs this, and kainzo can do whatever he wants regardless of anyones opinions or decisions.

LOTS of people quit because of pve, sure we got a ton of people on pve, GOOD FOR THEM! i bet they're very happy.

Even if you took PVE out and EVERYONE on it you would still have over 100 people come back to HC, that'd be over 120 on pvp. Hitting a slowest of 50 on pvp which is still more than enough.

Sometimes i see 60 people on HC and i get really excited just to realize only 20 are actually on pvp so basically no one.

But then it all hits me again, why give a shit? kainzo makes his decisions (sorry to say) but obviously the wrong ones, since we've been averaging at 30 players instead of 130 (which is easily achievable if you just make smart decisions) but like i said, no point in giving a shit when nothing you say can help the server. I'll let you guys do whatever the fuck you want.

Good luck and hopefully it turns out good one day, im just here for the ride (or at least some of it)
If people will only come back so they can prey on those who don't want to fight, then I don't want them back.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I think your numbers are backwards. People will RETURN to HC if PvE were removed. 70% of people left because of PvE...sooooo
people only see it this way:

pve removed, the 30 people on pve are happy, 20 of pve comes to pvp, 20 of pve quits.

that leaves 1 server with 50 people and 20 people quit, they dont understand another 100 (at least) would come back, leaving us with 150.
People need to stop pulling stats out of their ass.

You are essentially saying that the 30 members of PvE are what is causing over 100 players to not play on PvP?

You just stated right there that the players on PvE will not affect the activity on PvP.

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
Right, my opinion is as follows:

I feel when the next map wipe happens, both servers should be merged, having the map split into two, half for PVP enabled, other half PVP disabled. Therefore server inactivity will not be a problem.

However, to encourage people just staying in the PVE areas to hide, have more valuable conquest points, and 'loot chests' that spawn ( giving you a approx cords, accurate to 250, 250 blocks)

Therefore there would always be people to 'kill' for PVP active players, but players who like PVE but may want the exclusive PVP event item will have to PVP.
Also this would solve, sometimes in off peak times only 2-5 people being on the PVP server.

Just my ideal view, hope you like :D

TsiJiang

Legacy Supporter 9
Right, my opinion is as follows:

I feel when the next map wipe happens, both servers should be merged, having the map split into two, half for PVP enabled, other half PVP disabled. Therefore server inactivity will not be a problem.

However, to encourage people just staying in the PVE areas to hide, have more valuable conquest points, and 'loot chests' that spawn ( giving you a approx cords, accurate to 250, 250 blocks)

Therefore there would always be people to 'kill' for PVP active players, but players who like PVE but may want the exclusive PVP event item will have to PVP.
Also this would solve, sometimes in off peak times only 2-5 people being on the PVP server.

Just my ideal view, hope you like :D
And that's my cue to re-chime in,

Good idea. I will now start paying players souls to go farm these items for me or buy the items found in said areas off other PVP (gank) happy players. (says the PVP naysayer, well not really naysayer just PVP avoider) Not knocking your idea but that is what could happen. On the bright side you found a way to boost the economy but on the down side players will still stay split. And as for saying "well we could boost prices in the economy for said items." people choosing safety would gladly pay any price. (maybe over-exaggerating a bit)

i digress,
Did you just so happen to forget that within these 3 months, most people have started school/gymnasium/university, and are very, very busy with their lives..?

This is the cause of your population decrease. Tack on timezone differences from the many player bases and you get the ultimatum. Best fix for population problem is out sourcing. start inviting your friends and stuff. People who quit, did so of their own volition. blaming it on PVE server creation is just finger-pointing. only thing PVE server creation did is split the player base from people who people who want to or need to kill other people and people who want to only kill mobs. Yes doing so caused the PVP server population to drop. (Probably because people like to hunt and not be hunted all the time but that s a different topic.) PVP players need people to kill. I get that. but that doesn't mean you should just yoink the ground from under the PVE players and say "Hey! come over here so I can kill you." It probably won't work out too well.

My point is this: It's probably not going to change, but removal of PVE server isn't the answer, and neither is mixing them. unless you have a plan in place that keeps your PVE players safe from PVP. Otherwise you're just stepping on each other's toes. Current solution is probably the best solution for keeping both sides reasonably happy. And as for your PVP population issue.? The answer's already above.

Last edited:

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6

TL;DR - I love pulling numbers out of thin air and present them as facts.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Hey guys lets just remake bastion then everyone will be happy, no attributes, no items that u keep when you die, and no god dam pve server, just good old fashion if you are a warrior caster rogue or healer you cant pvp until lv10, everyone is trying to bring back people but as you can see bastion was a big hit, IF ITS NOT BROKEN WHY FIX IT.
People are saying pve attracts a lot of people, those people are also idiots, bastion had on average 60-90 people any day of the week even on school days, thats way more than pve will ever have. So if they really wanted to attract more people go old school where we know it will work instead of coming up with new crap. So what if a few dedicated PVErs will leave but we will bring back more than we will lose. This is Herocraft not PVEcraft. Vote for MunchlaxHero for Admin. The People's Vote.

TsiJiang

Legacy Supporter 9
Residences have to go as well. Townships should be the only source of item protection. Residences take away from townships in a big way.

(digging up old post and replying to them)

Residences are mainly for players who either don't want the commitment of a town and it's rules, don't want to deal with people altogether (renegade mode) or for people who just haven't found a township that they like yet. Yes, I agree it detract from townships but residences are needed at the very least for transitioning players. One solution to this problem, If you absolutely have to get rid of residences, would be safe houses or rentable places within townships or spawn areas to keep items "somewhat safe" But, my personal stance is let them be, and to generate more township participation, find a way to make the township give something back to the players other than protection.

Last edited:

MrFly007

Portal
You have to think back to DG/Bastion. Why were those maps so popular? Because of an awesome and EPIC pvp community.
You dont HAVE to pvp, there are plenty ways around it. This server was built around pvp, and there is a reason we used to have 150+ people on 24/7.
Join a town, level up, participate in epic battles, don't just sit around and don't participate in the community and act like pvp is bad.

This is what you do if you want PVE
1. Run Minecraft
2. Click Single Player
3. Play by yourself and have fun not pvping

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
You have to think back to DG/Bastion. Why were those maps so popular? Because of an awesome and EPIC pvp community.
You dont HAVE to pvp, there are plenty ways around it. This server was built around pvp, and there is a reason we used to have 150+ people on 24/7.
Join a town, level up, participate in epic battles, don't just sit around and don't participate in the community and act like pvp is bad.

This is what you do if you want PVE
1. Run Minecraft
2. Click Single Player
3. Play by yourself and have fun not pvping
People don't realize when we have 150+ all the time more than half are pvpers, and I know for a fact that pvp era rather fight other pvp groups than camp a bunch of crying bitches, sure that's fun but fighting people who actually know how to pvp is way more fun.

Obviously our decision have been the wrong ones since we have way less than before (but you know, this is just random shit out of my ass) it's totally not obviously no one is on compared to dg/bastion.

TsiJiang

Legacy Supporter 9

So what's the issue with just changing the current PVP server to DG/Bastion and leaving PVE alone? Players of PVE like the leveling system introduced in the Hero Plugin aswell as their companionship with fellow players who prefer bashing on Mobs instead of other players. why deny them that? Saying PVE players should just play single player is basically saying that they should be denied just that.Those epic battles, joining a town and leveling up can all still be done on the separate server the same. Just without the PVE players. Another option that might be mention could be to separate the two servers comepletely. No more Items/levels shared between the two servers PVE/PVP. Doing that would play into the PVPers idea of forcing players to choose. While the downside is that judging from the current stats one server might end up worse off because of it.

Last edited:

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
So what's the issue with just changing the current PVP server to DG/Bastion and leaving PVE alone? Players of PVE like the leveling system introduced in the Hero Plugin aswell as their companionship with fellow players who prefer bashing on Mobs instead of other players. why deny them that? Saying PVE players should just play single player is basically saying that they should be denied just that.Those epic battles, joining a town and leveling up can all still be done on the separate server the same. Just without the PVE players.
Because nobody's on pvp BECAUSE of pve.

I seriously fucking give up, nobody can think. It's surprising how much drama and stupidity minecraft brings lmao.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
So what's the issue with just changing the current PVP server to DG/Bastion and leaving PVE alone? Players of PVE like the leveling system introduced in the Hero Plugin aswell as their companionship with fellow players who prefer bashing on Mobs instead of other players. why deny them that? Saying PVE players should just play single player is basically saying that they should be denied just that.Those epic battles, joining a town and leveling up can all still be done on the separate server the same. Just without the PVE players. Another option that might be mention could be to separate the two servers comepletely. No more Items/levels shared between the two servers PVE/PVP. Doing that would play into the PVPers idea of forcing players to choose. While the downside is that judging from the current stats one server might end up worse off because of it.
You are new to this server so you would not know where we are coming from, dg/bastion had many players far more than there will ever be in pve so losing a few to get back many more sounds worth it to any veteran come back once u actually have played other maps then haven/aegis which were dead compared to dg/bastion

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
You are new to this server so you would not know where we are coming from, dg/bastion had many players far more than there will ever be in pve so losing a few to get back many more sounds worth it to any veteran come back once u actually have played other maps then haven/aegis which were dead compared to dg/bastion
Just stop, no matter how much we try to explain they rather play single player with a chat then have real fun.

Ever since DG it's gone downhill, all we can do now is ride it out and see where we go.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I hear your cries about the PVE server. I'm devising a plan to make it less apparent and easier to deal with. These fixes won't happen instantly and these threads wont change things to make it faster.

We're not changing it at this time. I will say - there are plans in the works to allow for PVP flagging and auto-flagging as PVP if you go into conflicted territories. The attendance on the PVE server has little to nothing to do with the PVP server.

Why a single server system doesn't work (at this current moment/time)

LAG. Every since MC 1.5 - the lag on the server side has gotten x10 worse. With 100 players and 1000 entities, we'd be at bottom barrell TPS and it'd be almost unplayable.

In either case - there's massive changes happening in the server side of things. Bukkit is dead and a new mod is coming onboard so you can expect a lot of plugins to fade away and die. These things have placed a lot of projects in turmoil because the code will be 90% unusable until an API is hammered out in #Sponge

Last edited:

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
People don't realize when we have 150+ all the time more than half are pvpers, and I know for a fact that pvp era rather fight other pvp groups than camp a bunch of crying bitches, sure that's fun but fighting people who actually know how to pvp is way more fun.

Obviously our decision have been the wrong ones since we have way less than before (but you know, this is just random shit out of my ass) it's totally not obviously no one is on compared to dg/bastion.
And now you say you want to PvP people who enjoy it and don't complain. News flash: the players on PvE generally do not enjoy PvP, complain when they get killed, and for the most part stay out of PvP areas where they can get ganked and camped.

I am not saying to not argue your suggestion of removing PvE, but before you post, make sure there is validity to your claims.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I have played steadily from Dragon to Haven and lightly on Aegis and I can tell you that the only time the player base during any of those maps was consistently over 100 was at the very release of the map. Every map starts hot and within months boils down to 50-80 player average prime times. This was true before PVE and it was true after PVE.

Saying that closing the PVE server down will bring back 100 hardcore PvPers is a flawed statement. Real PvPers don't want nooblets and casuals, they want...Hardcore PvPers. The PVE server did cause loss of PvP in the early map due to the lack of risk vs reward from leveling and mining there, but that loss was created by the Hardcore PvPers choice to level and mine in a safe zone. If they really wanted PvP then they could have just leveled in PvP in hopes of getting gank parties raiding their leveling spawn. It was just too tempting.

No, closing down the PVE server would only work to kill off any joy of the casual player having something to do. No players would return. I can say this because if they enjoyed PvP as it is they would be here PvPing, nothing is stopping them other then their boredom with the system. Closing PVE and bringing the average server population to 20 will not entice anyone to return to the game.

What I believe would entice the Hardcore PvPers to return would be meaningful goals, group tasks with proper rewards. Balanced and engaging combat, consistent ladders, tournaments and events and something to work for.

Right now, with Townships there is no real wars that can happen. The capture points, although fun for a while get repetitive and stale, and their rewards are minimal.

Only giving real content to keep things new and consistently engaging and challenging will bring people back and retain them.

What I would like to see in the future would be:
  • Zolaria map, where PVE and PvP is king. PvP would be disabled in many small to medium group MOB spawns, allowing casual group based PVE content. The casuals would also have a massive city in which they could purchase plots for personal, guild or township use in the weakest area of the map. Dungeons or other high level zones with increased reward designed for groups of 5-10 that are PvP enabled could function as guild/township hot spots, with nearby capture points or other similar PvP goals giving more meaningful PvP goals and encounters while the rest of the world would serve as an RPG experience of group oriented combat - no build except for personal/guild/township plots inside several main cities. There would be 15-20 "Township Plots" where the PvP oriented townships could claim and build their towns, all PvP enabled and siege-able. These township plots would be strategically located near dungeons and other hotspots giving a greater purpose to taking them over and controlling them or even sieging them down to get a better location for your township.
  • Ruins Map, where griefing is allowed and all non casual mining would happen.
  • Green Acres, where community is boss. Items would not transfer out of green acres, and although you level in green acres at the same pace as other maps, the amount of experience to level and the amount of experience gained is half that of the other maps, meaning once you max at level 65 in green acres, you are still only approx level 45 in the other maps.
With this setup anyone interested in PvP will have to mine in Ruins to build their cities, while those who only want to build and be part of a RPG community will not have an effect on PvP community as the rewards are removed from leveling/mining there. With the halved exp PvPers will not bother leveling there since it will take longer to get stronger.

Making Zolaria PVE for most of it's standard content and PvP for it's enhanced content will give both the casuals something to play for and enjoy while giving the PvPers what they want which is meaningful risk/reward of getting better loot and experience from leveling in the PvP enabled hotzones.

Making Zolaria the siege map, would require making "township plots" which could be claimed and warred over. Obviously if this was to happen then build perms would only be in those plots and around them for sieges leaving the rest of the world untouched and custom made beautiful. This would move all the non casual players to Zolaria where they could slowly level with standard spawns while living out of main starter city, or they could join a guild or township and participate in warfare over township locations and the best leveling zones.

Imagine, if it was setup like this. Sure you could not gank joe-bob while he is in small group PVE content, but you would have real goals for your township. Want one of the only two township plots near the "Bad Ass Fire Elemental Dungeon" you will need to siege down one of the existing cities and and upon winning the siege take over the plot and have first rights to claim the township plot as your own.

Real goals, real reason, real potential.

Having 20 more casual players to grief will not bring back real PvPers, having real content will.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
I hear your cries about the PVE server. I'm devising a plan to make it less apparent and easier to deal with. These fixes won't happen instantly and these threads wont change things to make it faster.

We're not changing it at this time. I will say - there are plans in the works to allow for PVP flagging and auto-flagging as PVP if you go into conflicted territories. The attendance on the PVE server has little to nothing to do with the PVP server.

Why a single server system doesn't work (at this current moment/time)

LAG. Every since MC 1.5 - the lag on the server side has gotten x10 worse. With 100 players and 1000 entities, we'd be at bottom barrell TPS and it'd be almost unplayable.

In either case - there's massive changes happening in the server side of things. Bukkit is dead and a new mod is coming onboard so you can expect a lot of plugins to fade away and die. These things have placed a lot of projects in turmoil because the code will be 90% unusable until an API is hammered out in #Sponge
Obviously PvE will prevent lag by splenting up the amount of people but instead of making one server for no PvP why not multiple worlds for PvP for instance a resource map and the wasteland map.