• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

What do you want to see in the new Herocraft?

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
PM me Screenshots of their responses and I will look over it.
Guides are my Team, so if you have any issues, tell me.

Go Here and suggest Event ideas if you have any.
I'd love to get more events out, but there are a few things behind the scenes that need to be taken care of first.
It's not the lack of ideas for events. It's the lack of people that are actually able and willing to host any.
People have more than enough ideas to host an fairly decent size event every week or two, and plenty of ideas for random little events. Think back to bastion with the random mob events, even if you weren't leveling you could go there and maybe get paid to aoe the mobs or get some reagents for your class. I never saw any planning for those mob events on the forums, just fairly random.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
It's not the lack of ideas for events. It's the lack of people that are actually able and willing to host any.
People have more than enough ideas to host an fairly decent size event every week or two, and plenty of ideas for random little events. Think back to bastion with the random mob events, even if you weren't leveling you could go there and maybe get paid to aoe the mobs or get some reagents for your class. I never saw any planning for those mob events on the forums, just fairly random.
Thing is, I can't host mob events.
We'd need an Admin for that, and they're scarce and busy.
I need events that can be done without them, or with very little assistance.
I also need more people to create mobs and such.

Also, if we can get some ideas, we can start the planning and work now, before it has to go live.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Thing is, I can't host mob events.
We'd need an Admin for that, and they're scarce and busy.
I need events that can be done without them, or with very little assistance.
I also need more people to create mobs and such.
That's the problem, most events will be mob based. I've tried writing a script for a mythic mob before, I haven't done it in like a year because of the amount of time I couldn't use my pc when I got my last concussion but I could try again. We really do need more admins, and I know that it's hard to trust someone like that but you kinda need to. Because admins are required for most of the potential events it is vital to always have one available.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
That's the problem, most events will be mob based. I've tried writing a script for a mythic mob before, I haven't done it in like a year because of the amount of time I couldn't use my pc when I got my last concussion but I could try again. We really do need more admins, and I know that it's hard to trust someone like that but you kinda need to. Because admins are required for most of the potential events it is vital to always have one available.
Well, if we do events where the mobs SPAWN and drop tokens, similar to Valentines ones etc, I can get that done on my own... mostly.
I just need the mob files and then I can get them pushed to live.
I just can't spawn them.

And Kain mentioned wanting more Mods/Admins, but I don't know what his plan is.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
An event admin that has the ability to do these such things on the spot
-With a whole bunch of people on, creates a warp and starts a FFA
-DOD
-Create a conquest with a larger reward
-Bounty, first person to find the guy in the map and gets the kill reaps a reward

These things would be cool

Muphins69

TNT
I have a sneaking suspicion it was none other than the myth, the legend, the Pokemon, Munchlaxhero, who I did guess correctly how long it would take before he got kicked from being a Guide.

And I expect a resurgence of active staff with the new map. Lately the server has just been a little dead.

I can confirm that your sneaking suspicion is correct. Little did I know he was kicked from being a Guide. Perhaps there is more going behind the scenes than I can see.

I'm sure there were/are others too, but it's a bit of a gray area for me to mention names. I could just be generalizing one-or-two-case scenarios, or maybe I am correct, in which case I just need the sufficient evidence to confidently solidify my claims. I still think it was worth noting nonetheless..

cschris54321

Soulsand
This post has bad spelling, but the ideas are still very good.

I have been playing since dragon-guard, and have been the mayor of multiple successful towns. Let me just get into these suggestions.

These things are important to me, and I assume most other veteran players on this server:

1. Town system. Herocraft has always had the coolest, most unique and rewarding town system that worked really well with the professions to create a cool town environment that everyone felt apart of. I personally liked the complicated system of last map where you had a bunch of little rooms that you fed food and stuff. It had its problems but I thought it was pretty cool. However, I also liked the system the map before where you could buy a big region for a certain amount of money and you get a huge circular region for the rest of the map. No taxes pref or very little taxes. It would be cool to incorporate a pvp aspect to townships somehow. But anything that has to do with destroying someone ele's town with tnt, sounds really glitchy and bad. Anything towny is going to be disappointing because it will punish you for either getting more people or gaining more land with the taxes. You should be rewarded if you achieve a bigger town with more members and more land, not punished.

2. Leveling system. I preferred mob arena from dragongaurd, their was always pvp around it and it allowed for a lot of people to be high levels which made it so that their were a lot of people to fight against. It made pve fun because you HAD to get a team of atleast 1 cleric or 2 healers of another type. You had to have atleast 1 tank and then atleast 1 aoe. It required teamwork and I have met many friends from people from different towns just because we had to coordinate during a mob arena. The dungeon system we had at the beginning of this map was also pretty good. It had that aspect of suspence that at any time someone could just come in and kill you. Their wasn't as much teamswork but their was more pvp than MA's. If you are to choose a leveling system, I would prefer one or the other or a combination of both possibly. But the new leveling system you had this map with the dungeons that were all at one place with a few really strong mobs that took forever to kill, that was super boring. Killing a bunch of vanilla mobs is a lot more fun than killing 1 mob that can tp to you and knocks you up and takes 1 minute to kill if you constantly hit it.

3 Heros pvp Balance and updates. Any person that is well known within herocraft that has been on this server for multiple maps will tell you how important the heros pvp is. It needs to be balanced, it needs to have new spells, and those new spells need to be fun and rewarding to use.

4. Everywhere should be pvp except spawn and trade district, herogates, graveyards, ect. Even warshards should be pvp! their hsould be no pve server, it splits the community , and then the community slowly declines.

These things are important to people who used to join my towns, new players on the server:

1. Ease of joining a town and feeling included. It needs to be clear that new players should look for a town on the forums and apply if they want to find a good town, or try their luck with some random town advertising in /re.

2. Ease of getting out of spawn. At he start of this map herogates were free, and then you made them cost 15 gold. So when a new player joins the server, they can't even leave spawn through the herogates because they don't even spawn with money. And then when they decide to run all the way out of spawn the long way, they get followed and killed. So just make herogates free.

3. Ease of mining. their needs to be another world that is constantly refreshed, like warshards, where players can just gather resources. However, their world should be PVP.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
F5AbYBe.png

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Improve the new user experience, tutorial area to introduce them to heroes leveling, let them hit level 5 or 10 by the end of the tutorial so that they can experience what the combat is like as well as the use of different skills and how experience is distributed amongst combat class and profession