• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

What do you want to see in the new Herocraft?

I think you should make enchanter more op (give him sharpness 6 etc.) and do not remove op gears OR dont change enchanter and remove enchants from op gears(make them +4atk, +2 health etc.) so enchanter can enchant them.

Moisty

Glowing Redstone
You would be like an Organizer.
Planning RP sessions for players, maybe making little "campaign" of quests and story for them play out.
You place them in a world, and do your best to guide them to the end, but adapt as they make decisions.
You can choose to have people RP a Herocraft Character from within the Multiverse, or set RP's for characters that have nothing to do with it.

If you didn't want to organize it, you can find someone who does, and you can RP along. Or you can do both.
You just need a little bit of time, energy, and people who also want to RP.

FFF sounds like a neat idea, and I'd totally hop on that if it came to be a thing, but there would need to be either a Loremaster, or someone versed in the lore to make sure things fit.

I think I'll wait for new players to join the server after the reset and if we get a good turnout, see the ratio of players who like RP vs those who don't. If the turnout is pretty good, I'll be more than happy to start up an RP group to organize events and quests. Until then, I guess I'll spend my time writing up lore-related quests and ranting on reddit.

I also heard that the loremasters aren't the most active, is this true? If so, who is writing the lore?

Rihawk_

Legacy Supporter 4
Canadia! why else would I be so friendly?
The ability to Raid a town, and shut down their defenses for a short time, so TnT isn't needed in mass quantities
TnT to actually work and do it's job, so it CAN be used

I agree with almost everything in this thread probably, but with this part that Zel said, I feel like some sort of regen would be ideal, definitely not as fast as it was for the towny war, but if tnt is usable I wont want to have to rebuild everything from scratch after every fight. If the world started regenerating like 5-10 (or less maybe idk) minutes after it blew up that'd be cool probably, gives time for people to do their things and get out. If that's possible.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Get rid of armor drops, let enchanters do the work.

A better conquest system, A koth plugin can be bought pretty cheap with a GUI countdown on how long left till its capped

More to come

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I have so much to say about this topic after playing GW2, Albion, and many other games... I'll make a post later when I get a little time.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Alright, so this will be unorganized because I'm horrid with those kind of things, but it should cover my thoughts on the server as it is now and maybe more of the past even though I'm sure almost everyone is aware of the history of the server.

So where should I begin? I think leveling is probably the first thing you need to look at in any kind of game with a grind. I do not want to sugar-coat anything here, this is my honest opinion. Herocraft's leveling is boring, It has been from the day I started playing the server and it continues to be even with the "custom mobs". The problem in my opinion is that they have been turned into giant health pools instead of actually interesting and exciting things to do. In most games I can finish a mob that is my level with 1-2 rotations, maybe a little more for the "boss" or "event" mobs but it's mostly 1-2 and then 3-5 for mobs a little higher than my level. The problem with Herocraft's custom mobs is that it will drain all of my mana to even get a mob down to half health for what feels like an extremely tiny reward. The bosses are unthinkable and really are not even worth your time trying unless you just want something to do or to claim you fought it. Summary: Mobs are giant health pools instead of interesting things to fight.

Mobs should not and really cannot be your only source of xp though because it gets boring EXTREMELY fast. I really liked some of the quests in Guild Wars 2. I remember one was disguising as a cow to train some animals. These are not really fun quests but they are at least different sources than grinding mobs all day. Now to another game that I REALLY enjoyed while I had a guild on it, and that was Albion. The best system the game had by far was the hellgates. First you kill a little mini-boss that spawns in the world and it then spawns a portal for up to 5 people in your party to enter. Once inside you fight harder mobs that give VERY increased amounts of xp, but there was a risk of running into another group that entered and you would 80% of the time get a 5v5 fight and if not you got great xp. Summary: Needs Quests and a PvE/Increased XP with a risk of PvP system.

I kinda touched on this sort of thing in the previous paragraphs but we need EVENTS. Either more people need to be promoted to positions in which they can host events for the community, or there needs to be something that can randomly happen on the server somewhat rarely (Rare enough that people actually want to go, and not common enough to be farmed [Conquest points and tokens]). I would not care what kind of event it is really, just as long as it is well executed. I do not think these need to be hosted on the event server although it may be a bit more comfortable to give people perms to that instead of live, with the exception of PvE tournaments and other things that require advanced planning from the participants.

There needs to be things for a player that is already maxed level with gear to do. Currently there really isn't anything interesting to do in my opinion. I really tried enjoying the dungeons but they were pretty much impossible to do. PvP should always be an option however there isn't always people online that actually PvP. So what else is there that Herocraft can offer to someone that can say they "beat" the game, maxed out all the classes they want and have gear? There is building, but you can do that on any server. There is talking to people, but you can do that on the forums but what else? This is where FUN events and constant updates changing things need to take place.

This one is probably just a little annoyance of mine, but I would really like if professions did not take nearly as much xp to master. It is a major turn-off point mining for hours to level that class. Mining in my opinion and many others that I've talked to is extremely boring. Yes you get money and the ores, but it is still an extremely boring process. I propose you add in Ore Nodes like in both Albion and GW2. From what I personally experienced in Albion, the nodes made leveling mining and other crafting things much nicer, especially when you found a "rare" version of the ore which gave SO MUCH more than a normal one. Players could quickly determine which zones with the ore were best to farm, PvPers would get a hotspot to fight. To me that sounds like a great system. Players know exactly where to find the ores they need and people get some PvP.

Last thing for now, and it's affected this map the more than any other. Enchantments and Special weapons/armor. These are extremely overpowered and are beyond anywhere near what could be considered balanced. I really understand the need to make cool items and interesting content, but this broke an existing part of the game. The armor needs to be limited to a max of prot 2, I don't think proj prot needs a nerf beyond the normal enchanting limits as ranger is already a very strong and heavy hitter. Weapons now... Nothing above sharp 5 ( That still leaves room for Special items) FA 2-3 is fine, Knockback and punch I would like to see limited to 1 but that's just me. No speed armor or anything like that, maybe a little hp or mp is fine but no speed or anything like it.

That's everything I can really think of right now, I'm sure I'll think of other small things or something later but it's 6 am here and I haven't slept all night haha.

Once again, this is my honest feeling about the server. This is in no way meant to degrade the server or troll in anyway. I wanted to give my honest opinion as someone that has played for over 3 years now and can reflect on multiple other games and my experiences. I want to see the server succeed so these were my thoughts. I would really like to hear any thoughts on what I've said or anything that you agree/disagree with.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
A lot less grinding. Its ok to let people master many classes because there are alot to choose from. Make switching classes cost more money, aside from the initial one.

Make more ways of gaining souls, as i suggested in the other post vendors around spawn to purchase trade item (giving a reason to explore spawn and cutting back on map decay).

Make the nether on par with dungeons for leveling. Especially if dungeons have pvp on.

Rules to deal with harassment. Lets face it the ccommunity tends to be a bit dickish at times and its offputting.

Last edited:
Make enchanting/custom gear useful. Currently, Sharpness 5 grants you... 6.25 bonus damage...
Speed bonus are a lot better.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Make enchanting/custom gear useful. Currently, Sharpness 5 grants you... 6.25 bonus damage...
Speed bonus are a lot better.
Speed bonuses cannot be a thing at all. Period. First off, they bug no-cheat making them incredibly annoying to use and fight against because of rubberbanding or you can take the route that was in place for a little while (idk if it still is) but have no real form of no-cheat and instead get people complaining about hackers. Secondly the speed gear COMPLETELY BREAKS ANY FORM OF BALANCE FOR PVP. I don't think I really need to say anymore on this topic as those two points by themselves should be enough for you to understand why speed armor is terrible for the health of the server. If you still do not understand though, I'll give you a scenario. So I'm a max Defiler ( As I've previously stated the class is incredibly strong) and I have full speed gear, I run around the map and run into a group of 3 mid level fairly new players. They do not have speed gear or even speed potions, and due to that fact I can absolutely endlessly kite them and deal my damage whenever I want. They try to run? haha I'm much faster. I get to low? haha again I can just out run them, heal back up and go back in. Do you see the problems with these kinds of things?

BTW unless it's changed it's 1 damage for every 1 level of sharpness, and that damage adds up very quick when you are hitting someone multiple times. I cannot tell you how many duels I've fought where one of us has lived with less than 30 hp.

the speed gear COMPLETELY BREAKS ANY FORM OF BALANCE FOR PVP.
That's EXACTLY what I'm trying to say. The speed gear is too powerful, so it makes damage bonus useless. Having +30% speed is way more useful than +5 dmg, especially when you deal ~60 dmg without any enchant.
Why do you want to remove the speed gear ? We could just make Sharpness, Power and other enchants useful (+3 dmg/level ?)

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
That's EXACTLY what I'm trying to say. The speed gear is too powerful, so it makes damage bonus useless. Having +30% speed is way more useful than +5 dmg, especially when you deal ~60 dmg without any enchant.
Why do you want to remove the speed gear ? We could just make Sharpness, Power and other enchants useful (+3 dmg/level ?)
They don't need to be more powerful. They were fine for years before the speed enchants. Speed enchants and similar just need to be removed.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Also more active staff, people are still moderator and such and haven't logged on in bloody forever and are extremely inactive

Muphins69

TNT
So, here are my suggestions as to what I want to see in Herocraft. I'm also no "hardcore veteran" but I'm hoping that my opinion can carry similar weight:

-Less time to max out both combat and profession.
Honestly, in my opinion, it takes SO long (maybe too long) to grind and get to level 60. I'm sorry but if the server is really going to reset every 6 months, I'm going to stop playing if I have to keep maxing out my class after every server reset. It just takes way too long. It took me, maybe, 2+ months to get to Shadowblade level 60. It was fun and all, but I can't keep investing all of that time, I have other life-y things to attend. "Hey man, you don't have to keep maxing out your class!" Sure, I guess? But what's the fun in that when there are other people on the server with seemingly unlimited amount of time roaming around the map at level 60 and I don't stand a chance? "But wait! Buy an exp boost!" $35 for a 125% boost? I'm good. "But hey! Buy it only if you want to support the server!" Sure? I guess? I don't mind supporting the server, but I'm not going to shell out $35 dollars for a mere short-term reward in return (given the server reset every 6 months.). I like supporting the server, but I also like having a long-term reward in return. It is satisfying to max out a class, but I don't think it's THAT satisfying that I would pay $35 just to compensate for the amount of time it takes.

If I'm claiming that it takes so much time, you probably want me to do that math to support my claim better. I can't because of time constraints and I'm also pretty sure someone else has and I'm pretty sure other people have pointed it out by now.

I don't think the Herocraft leveling is boring, I just think it's rough around the edges and needs some polishing. Trazil put it nicely:
Trazil said:
The problem in my opinion is that they have been turned into giant health pools instead of actually interesting and exciting things to do.
Yes, they do indeed feel like giant health pools instead of mobs. I'm probably just being really picky here though. They weren't exactly exciting to fight them as monsters per se. I think what I enjoyed the most was using all of my skills in the most efficient and advantageous ways possible.

As a suggestion for dungeon quests though and I think someone already said it, I think the current quests are okay but there should be new ones that fit into the lore of Herocraft.

-Weed out the "guides" or "staff members" who aren't doing their "jobs". By all means, there are quite a few of excellent staff here. But as for others, I will never understand how the hell they made it as a "staff member" (such a guide or something along the lines). Some of the responses (in response to someone asking for help) were ... scary? Lacking quality? Surely, these responses are acceptable when someone is being a toxic asshole. 90% of the time though, the person is being legitimately polite.

As for staff being online in general, I can't say for sure how that is. From my limited observations though, I think there should be more staff online at a time, but hey, some people have life things to take care of and I won't fault anyone for that.

By the way, in my opinion, if you're going to ask people to donate their hard-earned money to the server, is it okay to expect customer service if there are questions? Just to give you an example, and I'm not pointing out names here (unless you want me to), but I do remember writing a petition as to why my Loot Crate 3 wasn't opening after I purchased a crate key (Yes, Loot Crate 3's don't open, I know that by now. I wanted to open one of them.). The dude responded "I'm not sure if they open, give me a minute to check." Alright, okay, no problem. Verification is always good. Wait... you're casually talking to people in the OutOfCharacter chat? "Lol"? "Haha?" "*insert nerd talk here*"? About 3 minutes pass...nothing yet. Still some good ol' lol's being thrown in the chat. Uh huh, sure, he still must be checking right? Not even a response, or a relay as to what the current situation is. What is taking so long? I don't know man...what or who is he checking with? 5 minutes pass. Nothing. It's all good, keep bragging who's better than the other. Haha, lol, more funny jokes.
Look, I just spent my hard-earned $5 on a crate key that I thought wasn't working. Was I scammed? The uncertainty was killing me. Anyway I gave up on him and decided to ask in the OutOfCharacter chat instead. My question was answered by a non-staff member who knew for sure, possibly by others. I just told the staff member that I found out the answer, and thanks for the help anyway.

-No solely tissues of tears / gem of remorses in Loot Crates. There have been a few instances where I've opened a loot crate, only to find a tissue of tears or a gem of remorse. That's it. Nothing of long-term or of unique social prowess value. I mean it's funny yes. But is that not a slap in the face? That's basically saying, "I have your money now and you get nothing, sucks to be you!" -But wait a second, I supported the server, right guys? Right?! Sure, I suppose. Glad to have supported at least, though.

-Another incentive to PvP. I'm a PvE guy, though I do like PvP from time to time. If you consider the current town system, you can basically be invulnerable to attacks from anyone and gather your stuff with peace of mind. I like that, yes. I like being able to do what I need to do in real life, and come back on and not feel like my time was wasted in the case of an attack or a raid. What I'm trying to say here is that the only reason to PvP in the map is for "why not" purposes. Why bother PvP if I can stay invulnerable and level up with piece of mind? It's a very hard balance to find there I will admit...though the only reason I would want to PvP someone is because I was bored. I just think there needs to be some sort of long-term reward for having the desire to PvP and actually PvPing. Something that would, say, enhance the entire Herocraft experience? Something to maybe make the player feel complete, while not stripping anything away from the PvE side? Perhaps a bigger reward that would complete something? I mean, I GUESS there's those medal of vengeance's...but....64 of them to get a weapon(s) that's marginally stronger than anything else and probably has a short life span? (even with repairs, the enchants aren't guaranteed to stay as far as I know) I really don't about that. I'm sure you guys can figure it out though.

-Additional post-game content. Trazil mentioned this, and Kainzo did say he was working to push more [post-game] content, thus any further elaboration on my part is unnecessary.

-Events. Trazil mentioned this and I think it's a really good idea. It would certainly encourage me to come on more often. I don't have any ideas for this but I am confident that there is potential in this.

With all of that said, please let me be clear that I really do enjoy the server. All of this just what I want to see in Herocraft, or some things that I think should change. I apologize if I came off as a harsh and I don't mean to sound hostile.

If you need further clarity Kainzo, or anyone really, I'm happy to oblige. I need to stop here though because I need to finish some school work haha.

tl;dr - there is none, I'd rather you read the whole thing or tell me that you didn't read it.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
-Weed out the "guides" or "staff members" who aren't doing their "jobs". By all means, there are quite a few of excellent staff here. But as for others, I will never understand how the hell they made it as a "staff member" (such a guide or something along the lines). Some of the responses (in response to someone asking for help) were ... scary? Lacking quality? Surely, these responses are acceptable when someone is being a toxic asshole. 90% of the time though, the person is being legitimately polite.
PM me Screenshots of their responses and I will look over it.
Guides are my Team, so if you have any issues, tell me.

-Events. Trazil mentioned this and I think it's a really good idea. It would certainly encourage me to come on more often. I don't have any ideas for this but I am confident that there is potential in this.
Go Here and suggest Event ideas if you have any.
I'd love to get more events out, but there are a few things behind the scenes that need to be taken care of first.

Muphins69

TNT
PM me Screenshots of their responses and I will look over it.
Guides are my Team, so if you have any issues, tell me.

Go Here and suggest Event ideas if you have any.
I'd love to get more events out, but there are a few things behind the scenes that need to be taken care of first.

Sure thing, I'll definitely keep this and the event suggesting in mind.

Sure thing, I'll definitely keep this and the event suggesting in mind.
I have a sneaking suspicion it was none other than the myth, the legend, the Pokemon, Munchlaxhero, who I did guess correctly how long it would take before he got kicked from being a Guide.

And I expect a resurgence of active staff with the new map. Lately the server has just been a little dead.