• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

What do you want to see in the new Herocraft?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So I'm putting in a lot of work and I wanted to get your input on what you want to see.

We spent some heavy cash on the Township plugin and waited almost 3 weeks for the dev to have absolutely nothing for us and thus I've had to extend this. We lost out on cash but im okay with that, its part of business.

I've delayed the expected release by a week to give us time to polish more things and ensure there's a more stable release so I'd like to take this time to ask what you want and what keeps you yearning for Herocraft.

@Heralds.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Spawn pits for some shenanigans
A TD with rentable shops and a Main building for the DHX
Simplistic Nexus with Herogates & server portals
A spawn in the style of Dragongarde

Mobs to not have 10,000 hp and like 35% damage resistance
Something like MobArenas that makes grinding fun/tolerable/rewarding (I don't specifically mean make a MA again, just something that gives that feeling)
The ability to Raid a town, and shut down their defenses for a short time, so TnT isn't needed in mass quantities
TnT to actually work and do it's job, so it CAN be used

Less harsh leveling curve near the end, barley got past 40 this map between the XP needed and the damn mobs
For professions to get a little Balancing love, some are clearly better than others. Some are just one time things for a specific use
Spires. Please. Spires and Herogates, encourage people to want Ports and to explore again. Reduce Herogates to 5c, and make slimes actually exist so Wizards can farm Slime balls.

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
While I think it may be too late to suggest, I'm not keen on one part of townships: specific sized houses. It limits what we can build.

Maybe make it where you don't have to have things a specific size? Like enter your own dimensions?

EDIT And, a removal of the global market. I enjoyed the TD and trade feel.

Last edited:
Less garbage OP gear, so we don't have to grind to be viable in pvp- no market plugin, it killed merchant class and trade- if you make bosses with a bajillion health, spawn them in the overworld because otherwise nobody wants to waste time killing them

Just having trade back and the ability to fight in plain unenchanted gear would be all I need

Moisty

Glowing Redstone
A reason to learn lore! This is the only server that actually embraces mature roleplay, but it is missing some of the rpg feel. Quests that actually contribute to the lore would make a great impact on gameplay (for me at least).

Add a "Fan-Fiction Friday" where a fan-fiction written by one of the loremasters is presented on the home page for all to see? Reading a fun fairytale might engage the reader to learn some lore.

Kethale

Legacy Supporter 6
I would first like to say that this a post that is asking for personal opinions and positive ideas so everyone won't agree and we shouldn't attack each other over our food for thought, BUT this is the internet so do what you'd like.

The Key things that keep me yearning for herocraft are below:

1.) The Central Player Market:
  • In every map the market is done differently, however I think that the most successful method that has been seen on herocraft is by making full use of the player owned shops in a centralized market at spawn. In our most previous map there were shops located at spawn like normally which was GREAT, however there was also a third party market introduced, one that was both very simple and accessible, in a bad way. I think that this chest market system took a lot away from us by discouraging players from using the traditional market system and thus taking away a large RPG element of a busy and bustling active market in which players would browse around customized shops to find the best deals. The defense to the 3rd party market was that it had a cut a small margin of profit but in the way that RPG's work: Convenience > All with that said I vote to remove the global market chest

2.) The Only Great Minecraft RPG-PvP Left:
  • At this point in the minecraft's existence, RPG pvp is nearly non-existent, and thankfully for us that are here there is one server returning that can still accomplish it to a more than satisfying degree: Herocraft. I don't have much more to ask for on this except that there would be some incentive that would bring PvP back to the open world, and I don't think conquest points at spawn will do it.. I do think that raidable towns and more of an incentive to go mining in the overworld will.
3.) Customized Dungeon Gear:
  • I believe that the customized gear was a step in the right direction for herocraft and it's rewardment towards players who are willing to spend more time and grind. I do also understand that it was not completely balanced whatsoever, and in there lies our issue! So with that said I would like to see the amazing items dropped, but balance systems, such as the soul-stone upgrades, in which players would stockpile overpowered gear (such as myself) and further abuse the new players with standard gear. With reference to @GodOfGales I would like to see the vanilla enchanting of armor through the enchanter profession re-emerge, and this can be done through some stat balancing and a lower item drop rate I believe.

Sidenote: Agreed with some points of @LordZelkova and will quote them below.

" For professions to get a little Balancing love, some are clearly better than others. Some are just one time things for a specific use
Spires. Please. Spires and Herogates, encourage people to want Ports and to explore again. Reduce Herogates to 5c, and make slimes actually exist so Wizards can farm Slime balls. "

Edit: Not sure why my formatting got all messed up? Sorry :"(

Last edited:

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
3.) Customized Dungeon Gear:
  • This topic is very controversial but I believe that the customized gear was a step in the right direction for herocraft and it's rewardment towards players who are willing to spend more time and grind. I do also understand that it was not completely balanced whatsoever, but that doesn't mean it should be removed lol. With that said I would like to see it again in this map, obtainable from the overworld dungeons, and a goal for players to make themselves unique and rewarded.
With this, I am confused. Do you want custom gear, but less powerful? Or keep it the same?

Personally, I like it more vanilla than not, because Enchanters make little money off enchantments on anything except boots, because there is a large market for Depth Strider. Yes, I am aware Enchanters do make a loathsome amount of money from what they do sell, but I believe that part comes with profession balance. With more Enchanters due to a lack of server-sponsored enchanted drops, the price will also go down. Hence a balance of the economy.

But perhaps you still want the amazing items dropped, but remove systems, such as the soul-stone upgrades? Where the only custom gear there is rare and dropped, not collected and exchanged?

I'm just trying to understand, it has confused me xD

Kethale

Legacy Supporter 6
With this, I am confused. Do you want custom gear, but less powerful? Or keep it the same?

Personally, I like it more vanilla than not, because Enchanters make little money off enchantments on anything except boots, because there is a large market for Depth Strider. Yes, I am aware Enchanters do make a loathsome amount of money from what they do sell, but I believe that part comes with profession balance. With more Enchanters due to a lack of server-sponsored enchanted drops, the price will also go down. Hence a balance of the economy.

But perhaps you still want the amazing items dropped, but remove systems, such as the soul-stone upgrades? Where the only custom gear there is rare and dropped, not collected and exchanged?

I'm just trying to understand, it has confused me xD

You have exactly what i'm trying to say, can i borrow your wording? haha

FaZeAlpine

ICE ICE ICE!
I definitely think this thread is nice to have, but I think what we should also have in the discussion is:

What would players outside of this community want to see in the New Herocraft?.

In the past, we've always had great ideas as well as conflicted views and opinions voiced by players who want change or improvement. But there's two problems with just asking the current Herocraft community,

1. The people and groups who made the suggestions might not continue playing, causing some of the suggestions to be irrelevant and possibly unappealing to the remaining player base, and/or newer players.
  2. Herocraft's active population is currently dwindling, so I think it's safe to say that we need to attract newer players to Herocraft. By taking into consideration what newer/potential players would want to see, I'd imagine that we'd be better set in terms of sustainability.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I'd like to see more development of the Professions and having the various skills returned to the professions that have been gradually leeched off to the combat classes.

Having strong profession classes provides balance to the game play and balance to the community because there is interest for both pvp and pvp-oriented players and reasons for them to interact and cooperate.

Along the same line, I think the global market should go. It's cute, but it kills player to player interaction.

Well, from the past experiences I have had with HeroCraft, I know this may not exactly have to do with it it, but when I checked the HeroCraft Wiki to get help on what certain items were and what they did, the HeroCraft wiki didn't show it or even have it, I noticed it showed a little bit of information on it, but not much, so is there by any chance the HeroCraft Wiki can have more information on Weapons, items and such this time?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I completely agree with the idea of getting rid of the global market system.

In my opinion, there should be a revamp on the market system in general to make the merchant profession seem useful.

If we got rid of the global marketing system and just used rented space at spawn, then we should give certain perks to merchants. For example, it could cost less to rent a shop and they can rent it for longer. And maybe only merchants can sell certain, valuable items (maybe enchanted armor???).

I think this would really bring the merchant class back to life because every township would definately need one.
Merchant can sell anything, that's what they do.
Merchant is usually one of the most played Profs, because you can make a lot of money off of Enchanted Tools and various other goods.
Also Ender Chests used to be Merchant only, so they had those which were really cool.

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Merchant can sell anything, that's what they do.
Merchant is usually one of the most played Profs, because you can make a lot of money off of Enchanted Tools and various other goods.
Also Ender Chests used to be Merchant only, so they had those which were really cool.
I did not know Ender Chests were no longer merchant only!

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I did not know Ender Chests were no longer merchant only!
Yep! There's been one in spawn for the whole map iirc.
Anyone can use it. It's essentially a free 1 chest LWC.
Merchants are the only ones who can craft and place them, though that isn't much.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I'd like to see more development of the Professions and having the various skills returned to the professions that have been gradually leeched off to the combat classes.
My error - not so much to the combat classes but more where things have been made generally accessible to all players and not profession-specific.

Along the same line, giving warp to all players devalued the classes (here, combat classes) that could port players. Everyone having warp.... again reduces cooperative interaction between players. (If Port and GTP are seen as utility skills not suitable for combat classes, perhaps they could be given to a new Porter profession or similar?)

Designing the game to get players interacting isn't all about being soft and soggy. Without interaction, we just end up with play style vs play style, ie pvp vs pve... oh hang on... :p

Functional player interaction and interdependence strengthens the game.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
A reason to learn lore! This is the only server that actually embraces mature roleplay, but it is missing some of the rpg feel. Quests that actually contribute to the lore would make a great impact on gameplay (for me at least).

Add a "Fan-Fiction Friday" where a fan-fiction written by one of the loremasters is presented on the home page for all to see? Reading a fun fairytale might engage the reader to learn some lore.
We need a head of Roleplay... why not start a group up?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I have no idea what creating an rp group entails :p
Well, you can think of it like DM for Dungeons and Dragons.
If you have no idea what THAT is:

You would be like an Organizer.
Planning RP sessions for players, maybe making little "campaign" of quests and story for them play out.
You place them in a world, and do your best to guide them to the end, but adapt as they make decisions.
You can choose to have people RP a Herocraft Character from within the Multiverse, or set RP's for characters that have nothing to do with it.

If you didn't want to organize it, you can find someone who does, and you can RP along. Or you can do both.
You just need a little bit of time, energy, and people who also want to RP.

FFF sounds like a neat idea, and I'd totally hop on that if it came to be a thing, but there would need to be either a Loremaster, or someone versed in the lore to make sure things fit.