• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Turn on mushroom spread

Demonxman

Obsidian
I remember those days. and it used to take minutes for the blocks to update cause you had to do it all by hand!!!!

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
I think we should either get a bread health boost, or bring mushrooms back. If we leave food as it is, lag won't decrease. People will just plant more wheat, increasing lag.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
No... the growth isn't effecting us as badly as the terrible-ness of mushroom spreading. We CAN turn off growth though... oh yeah... but it would be wheat, trees, grass, etc.

iFizzE

Legacy Supporter 5
Did you people forget about porkchops? Which is infinite and uhh like 3-5x better than bread? derp.

See my attachments below for one of the reasons mushroom spread was turned off.View attachment 446

View attachment 447
This is retarded, while I love the idea of it, it is heavily taxing the server... ESPECIALLY when people use huge redstone or lagstone contraptions to autofarm it.
lol aph taking xrays of our mushy farm

Dasoren

A frightening Cactus!
Lol I think it was shrooms, you know the things that make your mind....... Well you know if you know........ But I would not know anything about nothing...... Something like that....... Man shrooms are good tho.. Wait what did I just say.... Dam.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
From what i've heard, @Kainzo doesn't want food to be players healing priority, if you want a heal, go sleep in a bed or find a healers, that's what i here for dammit. And as for using soup in combat, that entire concept breaks pvp all together, it turns combat from who has the better skill to who can eat food the fastest.

The OP said that he couldnt eat bread fast enough to stay alive, your a mage, your supposed to be in the background using your ability's not up in a players face taking damage.

Food is only supposed to be a miner heal if your at your house or in a mine and you fall, you carry a stack of wheat and craft it when necessary, not something you use to win battles.

jwp:cool:

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
From what i've heard, @Kainzo doesn't want food to be players healing priority, if you want a heal, go sleep in a bed or find a healers, that's what i here for dammit. And as for using soup in combat, that entire concept breaks pvp all together, it turns combat from who has the better skill to who can eat food the fastest.

The OP said that he couldnt eat bread fast enough to stay alive, your a mage, your supposed to be in the background using your ability's not up in a players face taking damage.

Food is only supposed to be a miner heal if your at your house or in a mine and you fall, you carry a stack of wheat and craft it when necessary, not something you use to win battles.

jwp:cool:
Food should ALWAYS be the players healing priority. We can't lug beds around everywhere we go, so that just leaves healers. Healers are people, not little health dispensers that you can tow around on your daily excursions into the wilderness. Healers should keep doing what they always do: healing people in the midst of combat.

I can't be in the background at all times. During pvp, when I have other players on my team sure, I get them to tank damage for me. But when I'm on my own, leveling up agaisnt mobs, I have no choice but to engage them in close quarter combat. I couldn't even get any experience. I would sling 2 fireballs, and the residual damage would kill the monster before I could gather enough mana to cast another fireball.

Also, Players hit for more damage than food can heal. Once you actually engage in pvp, there's no point in switching from your weapon to your food. You will wind up dead. Pretty much all pvp attacks do more damage than food heals. Food is not used to win battles, and it never has been.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Food should ALWAYS be the players healing priority. We can't lug beds around everywhere we go, so that just leaves healers. Healers are people, not little health dispensers that you can tow around on your daily excursions into the wilderness. Healers should keep doing what they always do: healing people in the midst of combat.

I can't be in the background at all times. During pvp, when I have other players on my team sure, I get them to tank damage for me. But when I'm on my own, leveling up agaisnt mobs, I have no choice but to engage them in close quarter combat. I couldn't even get any experience. I would sling 2 fireballs, and the residual damage would kill the monster before I could gather enough mana to cast another fireball.

Also, Players hit for more damage than food can heal. Once you actually engage in pvp, there's no point in switching from your weapon to your food. You will wind up dead. Pretty much all pvp attacks do more damage than food heals. Food is not used to win battles, and it never has been.

The only people who do more damage than soup are spec'ed rogues, other than that everyone one else hits for 10 or less.
And no, food should NEVER be a healing priority, Kain has always wanted teamplay, so you should never be leveling alone, you should do it in a party, the whole reason party xp bonuses exist. Theirs even a training area kain set up for wizards and druids to port you to to lvl as a party.

And would lugging a bed with you be that much of a problem, you have to kill 3 sheep(one if you keep sheers with you like me) and get 2 logs (1 for a bench) to make one. And bam, your back to full health, the bed healing system actually is the closest they're going to get to my idea as food being forced to have a warmup and heal-over-time system that breaks on movement or damage. With that in mind, i think food could just be removed all together.

DusksCrown

Legacy Supporter 4
Kain has always wanted teamplay, so you should never be leveling alone, you should do it in a party, the whole reason party xp bonuses exist. Theirs even a training area kain set up for wizards and druids to port you to to lvl as a party.
Agreed. Think it would be a lot more fun to level as a party but I hardly see that happening at all, other than maybe the opening of the training area which now seems relatively deserted. Maybe I'm just not logging on at the right times.

I couldn't even get any experience. I would sling 2 fireballs, and the residual damage would kill the monster before I could gather enough mana to cast another fireball.
I agree that you won't always have a chance to be in a party, but that doesn't mean you have to be in the mobs face to fight them. Just test how many fireballs a mob can take (wait for fire dot damage to take full effect) and see how you can make it so that the last fireball kills it on impact instead of the residual damage. Just a suggestion as this would pretty much eliminate a need for food for mob grinding, and this is how I trained on creepers without ever taking more than 2 cooked porks with me on any training run. Although, I do admit sometimes it gets a bit frustrating when the mobs do die from fire damage because their health was lowered by fall damage or something. But in the long run, I'm sure eventually you'll be able to do it in your sleep. :D

Also, is pork relatively rare or something? I just kill a pig whenever I wander by and I've accumulated over 2 chests full.

RedKhan

Soulsand
It seems like getting players to team up is high on the agenda, but without any real need for it, thus the changes to the base game to make it harder to go it alone, but it's not much easier (if at all) to assemble a group of people to further the same ends.

Aside from partying up for large excavations, and perhaps for planned attacks, it doesn't really serve a use.

Mobs are spread widely so for every monster you find to share, you could just have been ripping up dirt for safer more straight forward exp. And players are even rarer and more dangerous.

Nothing against partying up with a diverse cast of classes, but really, what would make it worth the time and effort? Mobs aren't worth the exp/coin that they give right now (Unless there has been a recent change I missed).
Risk/reward aside, not everyone wants to look for random player victims to kill.

But yeah, more on topic, there needs to be a more straightforward way to heal yourself than huge amounts of food or getting a healer(Which is honestly so much hassle for both parties, why even bother?) whenever you meet a mob, or hurt yourself mining .

If I wanted people to party up, I'd greatly increase the exp bonus that is received, and I'd probably boost mob drops to match their difficulty (If partying is the aim, make mobs even harder to fight for an equal reward).

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
The only people who do more damage than soup are spec'ed rogues, other than that everyone one else hits for 10 or less.
And no, food should NEVER be a healing priority, Kain has always wanted teamplay, so you should never be leveling alone, you should do it in a party, the whole reason party xp bonuses exist. Theirs even a training area kain set up for wizards and druids to port you to to lvl as a party.

And would lugging a bed with you be that much of a problem, you have to kill 3 sheep(one if you keep sheers with you like me) and get 2 logs (1 for a bench) to make one. And bam, your back to full health, the bed healing system actually is the closest they're going to get to my idea as food being forced to have a warmup and heal-over-time system that breaks on movement or damage. With that in mind, i think food could just be removed all together.
Not everyone should be forced to work in a party, it should be optional. It's a real pain to assemble a team, meet up somewhere, only to have someone need to log out in order to take care of something else. It's great that teamwork is encouraged, but it shouldn't be mandatory.

About beds, I don't mean the hassle of having to put a bed town, get in it, and wait. I mean the fact that if you die, and are unable to get your items back, you have to break your bed, kill yourself, wind up in Zeal, and trek back home. Not to mention that you also lost an enormous chunk of experience.

Yes, soup does heal more than what most players can dish out, but consider that a player can hit someone much faster than they can eat soup, move the scroll wheel, and eat another soup. You pretty much come out even. And unless your weapon is about to break, you can still keep swinging at them after they've run out of food. I don't feel the need to bring soup back anymore. Now, I just want a health boost for bread. Possibly 6 points? A caster can deal 6 with a diamond hoe I believe, and since they can swing a hoe faster than a person can inhale food, even the weakest of players will still come out on top in melee combat when fighting an opponent who's eating.