• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Turn on mushroom spread

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
I have asked at least 5 times in /ch h why mushroom spread is turned off, and never got an answer, which is why, in the case that mushroom spread is turned off for a good reason, I am still asking for it to be turned on again. I think it would benefit everyone if it were turned back on. The only other safe option for gathering food is wheat, which isn't nearly as effective. I am a caster, and can't even eat enough bread while being attacked to stay alive enough for more than 3 seconds. With mushrooms, I always have enough, but if I want wheat, I literally have to sit on my ass and watch it grow. Not fun in the slightest bit. The only way to get wheat fast is to use bonemeal, which requires fighting extremely dangerous skeletons. I also can't get food from other people, because that would either require sponging off other people in my town, or mining ore, and selling it to others in my town (which they don't need). Again, I don't know the reason for mushrooms being turned off, and I assume there is a reason, I just don't know it. If that reason outways the need for mushrooms, i'll go back to watching wheat grow.

Dasoren

A frightening Cactus!
From what I heared it was turned off because it coused alot of lag ( still being tested), and will most likely be keeper off, bur this is 2nd hand info so what for a mod or admin but tell then this is what I know.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
so when everyone runs out of shrooms will we be using bread to heal ourselves? it would take a full inventory of bread to heal us back to full hp with current health pools lol

Apherdite

Queen Bee
Did you people forget about porkchops? Which is infinite and uhh like 3-5x better than bread? derp.

See my attachments below for one of the reasons mushroom spread was turned off.2011-07-23_00.04.07.png

2011-07-23_00.04.14.png

This is retarded, while I love the idea of it, it is heavily taxing the server... ESPECIALLY when people use huge redstone or lagstone contraptions to autofarm it.

R3xz

Glowstone
An easier way is to limit mushroom farm to certain number of blocks. But of course there will still be wild mushroom spreading.

It is crazy to have almost unlimited source of food though whenever you need it, when people have such huge farm. As for porkchops? Meh, it's not as good because pig spawn is random and they are not always there whenever you need them, whereas farm allow you to harvest food when you need to use them.

DoubleKiwi

Glowing Redstone
Maybe we could get a healing boost from bread? Healing from sleeping is nice, but we can't drag a bed around with us, so we still have very little to heal us in the heat of battle.

R3xz

Glowstone
I have two double stack chests full of cooked pork... It's not really hard to come by.

Yea, i'm one of the few people that kill any pig i see and then stash it in my chest. But it's still inconvenience for some people I guess, especially since pork don't stack up while mushrooms and wheat does.

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
How about you just fucking tear down Orions piece of shit farm, turn off wheat spread, turn on mushroom spread! glorious!

Also, use a conservative design (not over 5000 capacity RLY?!?!?!) that just uses water and 1 block. It's friendlier on servers, gets you what you need, and isn't all that bad to use.

Demonxman

Obsidian
I didn't know wheat spread. Man, what game have I been playing?
you missed out man, last update notch added a new feature, wheat spread. no longer are you required to replant... just leave one wheat alone and BAM..... infinite wheat :D

DusksCrown

Legacy Supporter 4
you missed out man, last update notch added a new feature, wheat spread. no longer are you required to replant... just leave one wheat alone and BAM..... infinite wheat :D

I feel so old now... I'm so behind on these - what do the kids call em - "updates"? I remember in my day, Minecraft was just like legos. Oh, how I miss legos. But society gives you awkward looks and judges you when you're a man almost in your 20's still playing with legos. You know what? Screw society! I love my legos and I will play with them whenever I want!

Now, what were we talking about again?