• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Township Question

Beau_Nearh

Portal
The regions don't go down automatically just because the SR has gone down (disappeared or been disabled).

The intent was that the regions lose the SR's TNT protection. So if some of a region's required blocks were taken out by a siegecannon then yes, the region would go down.

And yes, the top tier housing (Estate) was designed to have independent immunity to TNT.

When I say "was", I'm actually saying I'm not clear on the current situation, and whether siegecannons are actually working atm.

I suppose we will find out more soon :)

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
A few more questions:
1. Can other town leaders interact with ALL the regions regardless of perms?
2. When the update for doors comes out, only buttons, pressure pads will be useable, not the iron door being openable with a bare hand, correct? I know this is vanilla MC, just checking.
3. Is it worth it to make a wall of obsidian, to prevent tnt raiders from getting in?

Beau_Nearh

Portal
1.) Yes, owners of the SR can access all regions regardless. I'm not sure about added owners though as they may have to be given the admin perms.

2.) Well, this is what I assumed but I think this update in terms of iron doors be more catered to classes with telekinesis (if any classes still have that skill).

3.) From my point of view, no. If you really want to protect your town just in case everything goes wrong. Surround your region chests; council room/ sitting chamber/ meeting house ect with obsidian. This should prevent TNT from destroying those very important regions.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
1. Yeah I meant added ones.
2. Nope telekinesis is gone all together.
3. Well tose of course but what about the whole sr? I was planning to make a 25 block tall wall with cobble stone surrounding a 1 block thick wall of obsidian, around the perimeter of a town. Worth or just too much effort and possibly souls?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
A few more questions:
1. Can other town leaders interact with ALL the regions regardless of perms?
2. When the update for doors comes out, only buttons, pressure pads will be useable, not the iron door being openable with a bare hand, correct? I know this is vanilla MC, just checking.
3. Is it worth it to make a wall of obsidian, to prevent tnt raiders from getting in?
1: No, they don't auto get perms. Owners of the SR can add themselves to any region via /to addowner name while standing in the region.
2:the door update makes all door usable. Iron needs a pressure plate or button.
3:if you can meet the building requirements it'd be legal. Probably not worth the effort.

Xelarator1

Obsidian
1. From personal experience, if the added owner hasn't created the region, the original owner must be given perms to said region.
2. I always thought you needed a button/pressure plate to open iron doors.
3. You can make walls up to 30 blocks tall, though they do need a design to them.