• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Township Question

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
How does population work? On the wikis it shows that a tribe (for example) has a maximum population of 7 and a minimum population of 1. Is it that the 1-7 is a base level applying to town members and with each house/shack one builds, the maximum increases by that much?
That is the ABSOLUTE limit, meaning no matter how many houses you make it will cap at 7
Not quite true devoted. That number was based off of a calculation multi did for the housing he allowed. That number is not correct anymore with the introduction of campsites.

Each town tier has a base population set by the pop cap added by the central structure and the region itself. Adding housing increases that cap. So, if I were to set the configs to allow 20 shacks in a tribe, it would increase the population cap by 20. Something else that has to be updated on the wiki, heh.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Not quite true devoted. That number was based off of a calculation multi did for the housing he allowed. That number is not correct anymore with the introduction of campsites.

Each town tier has a base population set by the pop cap added by the central structure and the region itself. Adding housing increases that cap. So, if I were to set the configs to allow 20 shacks in a tribe, it would increase the population cap by 20. Something else that has to be updated on the wiki, heh.
So the housing regions increase the population regardless of the min and max that is on the super region wiki.
Also, what IS population?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
So the housing regions increase the population regardless of the min and max that is on the super region wiki.
Also, what IS population?
Population is how many people can be added to that superregion a.k.a. town member limit.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
How do radii work? I know that super regions give a size of like 51 x 51 x 51 (tribe) and that it means a 25 block radius horizontally, but what about vertically? Does the 3rd 51 mean that it goes underground, or is it purely a height towards the sky from the ground it is made on?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
How do radii work? I know that super regions give a size of like 51 x 51 x 51 (tribe) and that it means a 25 block radius horizontally, but what about vertically? Does the 3rd 51 mean that it goes underground, or is it purely a height towards the sky from the ground it is made on?

The radius is the distance from the block of your feet (I'm pretty sure) in all three directions - east/west, north/south, and up/down.

So a 51x51x51 cube goes 25 above and 25 below, as well as 25 out in each horizontal direction.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
1. Regarding players, how should I go about evicting people? Should I give them a weeks notice by sign? Should I pe it? Should I keep their stuff afterwards?
2. What do I do to upgrade to a Hamlet? I know that I have to destroy the councilroom and then create the sittingchamber but what about that houses? Should I just make them outside of the tribe region and then create the sr or do I make the sr an then the houses?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
1. Regarding players, how should I go about evicting people? Should I give them a weeks notice by sign? Should I pe it? Should I keep their stuff afterwards?
This is really up to you as the town owner. You don't need to petition it, no.

Erecting signs telling players to contact you by a certain date (a week seems reasonable) or they will be evicted is good practice.

Again it's up to you what you do with their items. If it's valuable material, you might consider setting the items aside in protected chests in case the players come back. You are also within your rights to keep the items for the town or your own purposes.

2. What do I do to upgrade to a Hamlet? I know that I have to destroy the councilroom and then create the sittingchamber but what about that houses? Should I just make them outside of the tribe region and then create the sr or do I make the sr an then the houses?

Check out this part of the Townships guide relating to upgrading super-regions. The required structures would need to be in place before the upgrade would work. The Super-regions page is now up to date (from code that is 7 days old).

(The Regions page will be updated over the next day or two.)

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Township 3.0 reminds me of when I used to play the original Middle Earth Collectible Card Game: it is super fun and unparalleled in fun by any other card game ever made (yes, even M:TG), but the learning curve was quite steep. Township looks super fun, but I am reluctant to dive into it given its conditional complexities such as "if this, than that" "do this, but only when you need, otherwise don't do this, and instead do that." Heck, I couldn't even figure out how to do a personal region on my own (again, thank you all for the help). :)

Props to those (@WitchOnaRampage, et al) who are working to make it easier to understand and more user-friendly; I hope the end product allows for simple access and maintenance!

-yav

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Okay so how do warehouses work? I can't find any real information on how to use them or connect them to other regions on both the wikis and in-game.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Okay so how do warehouses work? I can't find any real information on how to use them or connect them to other regions on both the wikis and in-game.
Basically, the center chest looks at all the other regions. If it seems another region needs an item, it will attempt to put it there (Assuming there is room in the other regions and the warehouse has the item) when towns tick (Taxes are taken, money is made etc)

Ex: Shack needs carrots. Shack has none. Warehouse has carrots, warehouse puts carrots in Shack. Shack now makes money. Repeat.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Basically, the center chest looks at all the other regions. If it seems another region needs an item, it will attempt to put it there (Assuming there is room in the other regions and the warehouse has the item) when towns tick (Taxes are taken, money is made etc)

Ex: Shack needs carrots. Shack has none. Warehouse has carrots, warehouse puts carrots in Shack. Shack now makes money. Repeat.
Is it just the center chest that sends the items or is it all the chests in the warehouse?
Also, can the warehouse work in reverse, taking items produced from other regions?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Is it just the center chest that sends the items or is it all the chests in the warehouse?
Also, can the warehouse work in reverse, taking items produced from other regions?
Only the center chest.
Does not work backwards.

Best way to use them is to use a crap ton of hoppers.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I'm confused!

Warehouse is an automated system, isn't it - set and forget (to some extent)?
  • [Incoming] Does it draw from supply regions (ie something that produces reagents, such as the carrot farm) or do you still have to collect that stuff yourself?
  • [Outgoing] And surely you wouldn't need to put the supplies for the regions being fed into the center chest - it wouldn't fit, and you may as well just take it to the regions. So does it draw from the other chests within the region?

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I'm confused!

• [Incoming] Does it draw from supply regions (ie something that produces reagents, such as the carrot farm) or do you still have to collect that stuff yourself?
  • [Outgoing] And surely you wouldn't need to put the supplies for the regions being fed into the center chest - it wouldn't fit, and you may as well just take it to the regions. So does it draw from the other chests within the region?
I believe it doesn't draw Items from regions normally, ( I assume they can be automated with the Minecart Rail System or hoppers though )
and For outgoing, its not the Region chest where the items are selected then sent out, its every chest in the region, thats how it can hold so many items ^-^

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I'm confused!

Warehouse:

Does:
Take items from its own center chest and put them in any region that asks for them
Send items to multiple regions

Doe NOT:
Detect items in any chest other than the center chest
Draw items from regions

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Maybe it was misunderstandings rather than bugs? Also I haven't found any bug reports on Warehouses - please point me to where they've been mentioned in other threads that I may have missed?

So @minimike96 do you stock your warehouse's center chest with reagents you think your regions will need each day?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Maybe it was misunderstandings rather than bugs? Also I haven't found any bug reports on Warehouses - please point me to where they've been mentioned in other threads that I may have missed?

So @minimike96 do you stock your warehouse's center chest with reagents you think your regions will need each day?
Recently I've been too busy/missing town members to really get it set up.
Normally I shove whatever reagent is needed most (Carrots) mostly in the chest. Followed by a few others. After that I would get an engineer to place a hopper on top and place a chest on those, and make a tower full of carrots, water buckets, or whatever else would be needed.

I've never had an issue with my Warehouse.