• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Town] Lightforge {45} [Good] Xandria Dominion*RECRUITING*

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
Ok, with the inspiration of click's awesome work and some of my own ideas, I've come up with this. I didnt hassle too much on making it perfect, since I'm a lazy guy and I dont like building things that won't last. Anyway, I wanted the kogs to be visible and be interconnecting, actually doing something useful, so it looks like a machine. Perhaps we could add some lava powered engine on top, middle and bottom level attached to the kogs to make it look like it actually is a machine?

Putting pics in spoiler to avoid clutter in the thread:
2012-01-05_001810.png

main pic, will add more kogs later I think. Made the tower plain, with the kigs standing out. Perhaps we could have kogs in lots of different materials? Just took 2 materials now that would be visible from the main tower.

2012-01-05_001838.png

Inside tower. I really like the drop design I have here. Then you get braked perfectly and you're down and ready to run around in a swish :)
2012-01-05_001910.png

Outside from below.
2012-01-05_001824.png

Top look down into the shaft.

EDIT: as you can see, it is possible to add a staircase winding up on the outside of the shaft, but still inside the tower.

About all this planning, I think the best is to plan ideas like we do now before the wipe, and when we start the map we can work on the central tower for some time, perfecting it then. I think it's stupid to make one tower now that we decide will be the absolute tower. Better to get just an idea of how we are going to make it now and together find the perfect mix of all we build now and make it the final tower.

donnymeyer

Obsidian
i like it...
the issue is kain wanted a midevil theme for everything this map, so cogs wouldnt work...

or would they? :0

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
My version of the tower is still forthcoming. I didn't put any gears on it... My headcanon is that the tower itself is just a way for people to get up and down. There's a room at the top that provides the floaty-ness to the town.

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
Cogs are the most advanced stuff in the middle ages. Basically steampunk is the most technology that one can fit into a medieval setting. Google leonardo da vinci for kogs in the middle ages ;)

EDIT: here is a pic of some medieval kogs in action:
leonardo_da_vinci_helicopter_and_lifting_wing.jpeg

Perhaps someone can build something like this in LightForge? :)

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
That first one is too smooth for Minecraft. :p I love da Vinci's machines though.

I was back in Final Fantasy (3 and 4 specifically) designing mine. The Eternal Engine and Owen's Tower definitely had a bearing on it.

Could someone explain how you get that floating sign in the middle of the 3x3 square? Could this be used for larger squares as well? Could you have a 5x5 square of floating water?

EDIT: Figured it out. Not that difficult, just right click on a sign with a sign in hand and it will place it floating in front of the first sign. A 5x5 square of floating water can be created and, therefore, any size can be made.

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
Eirbear, that "trick" that I have used there is very nice for making trap water pits :) Made a "baptism shrine" in my renaissance garden just south of Newerth on this map that has killed a lot of people with that water pit with signs and then a pit to bedrock ^^ But as you can see it can be used for nice things too. Also nice for chicken coops to make eggs fall down and into a collector system.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
2 of those people were me -_-, the sad thing is I saw the bottom signs and the drop... Don't ask...

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
hehe, I did have signs saying something about that this would cleanse your sins or something :p Traps like that work best in dark dungeons though, just like the 4 metal doors trap :p

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
SInce we have the name Lightforge, I suggest we actualy make a lightforge, It would be a massive building (Not entuns tower massive, like 20x20 or something) with a unique design, This would be mainly a roleplaying kindof place. A background sortof lore thing I could think of is that the lightforge is an ancient machine that allowes for the creation of small light cristalls formed by light. The light cristalls are produce exrodianary energy capable of things that people would think otherwise impossible. In this case, the people of lightforge use the power of the light cristalls to power the engine of lightforge, allowing for the great city to float in the sky.

I know it is a kindof stupid idea and kindof corny but no reason not to share my idea... I might make one on single player just to get an idea of what I am thinking of.

Why do you wish to join Skyforge?: My brother haxnn is in the town and I was in skyforge last map. It would be fun to go in the same town as my brother again.
How long have you been on the server?: Not long, only about a month or so I would say.
What will your class be (Spec included)?: I will be a Dragoon/Smith
Past towns?: Skyforge (Zeal)
What do you believe you can contribute to the town?: I am not really amazing at anything but I will definitly help out, donate and this time I will probably be more active. I know you guys also need more people so having me would help with that.

click806

Gold
if we dont have gears on the tower we should deffinetly have some sort of decoration to avoid boringness

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
I think the gears look awesome to be honest. I think we should stick with that. Making a LightForge in LF could be a seperate building.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I like gears... Also you do need to apply, well I did and so did some of our other members. Also with the medival theme in mind, we should make it an advanced medival them, lots of machines and complicated looking stuff. Also hopefully if the map is up tommorow, there is a chance I will master crafter, seeing that it is only 30 levels, but that would take some time. So we should have a mason ready to go soon. (me)

click806

Gold
2012-01-05_15.59.01.png2012-01-05_15.59.50.png2012-01-05_15.59.08.png 2012-01-05_15.58.55.png1. vertical stripes 2.airlock door 3. horizontal stripes
4. spiral stripes, just one wall if i tried to build it all i would rage quit:mad:
More tower pics 3 new patterns which do you like most. click to see them bigger
EDIT i would add cogs of course:D

donnymeyer

Obsidian
5th application.
Why do you wish to join Skyforge?: i wish to join Lightforge because i have been a citizen in the past and everyone is vey nice. i also like the unique floating city building style.
How long have you been on the server?: 7 months
What will your class be (Spec included)?:Dragoon,merchant/breeder. haven't choose.
Past towns?: Skyforge,Arcadia, Ironpass
What do you believe you can contribute to the town?: I believe i will be able to donate much more to the town or supply the town with food ( depending on my profession!) and i will be able to defend the town much more than i could last map

4 past applications, no freebies
thats life