• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Problems I see in Herocraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
Dude, you're telling me. Just over 4,500 words. Granted a good portion is quoted, it's still a lot to take in.

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
The problem is that there really is no set of rules. There are only five officially stated rules on the whitelist page, which is where most people are going to read the rules, there isn't even a link to a longer list of more defined rules.

I don't have time to read your post right now, and oh what a mighty post it is. Wow...

This isn't true. Check the wiki and read the TOS and Rules there. Those are also posted on the forums.

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
This isn't true. Check the wiki and read the TOS and Rules there. Those are also posted on the forums.

Editing it now. Sorry about that, I knew I should have looked into it more, but I didn't bother. I'm glad you pointed it out first rather than criticizing me, even though I deserve it.

robacollver

Legacy Supporter 3
Daring you should put your posts in spoilers so they dont take up soooooooooooo much room

dmil23

Obsidian
They shouldn't have to tell you how they got in at all. If you are not allies with them you are competing with them for power or whatever. If you are dumb enough to think that an enemy town will help you with your defenses so they can't raid you then you are dumb. You also went into Global chat at first and when they wouldn't tell you how they got in, because of the reasons I stated above, you accused them as hackers/exploiters in front of everyone.

To me it just seems like you are bitching because something didn't go the way you wanted to. I would of done what they suggested to you at first and went to /ch slap or just not of said anything so you wouldn't make yourself look like an ass accusing people of something you clearly didn't have proof of.

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
Dmil, I said why many times. I was nearly sure they had blinked in, and regardless of what they did, if it was legal, we aren't going to change our walls. I also said that. I wanted them to confirm how they got in, but to play on their arrogance I accused them of using exploits, and had I legitimately accused them of it, there would have been an investigation. I played on their arrogance to make them look like they did exploit, and because they would not provide any evidence that they did not exploit, it remained a prominent possibility. Now, do me a favor and read this and stop saying that I flat out accused them of exploiting.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Roba, what is he trying to say? "o" chat isn't for bickering. End of story. We do not need to answer his questions on how we got in. They were legal. End of story. We are allowed to push AFK people out of no-pvp zones (their own fault for being afk) End of story. What else is the point of this?! We have pretty good set rules, just check out Seratt's rule list on the forums.

And btw. Max isnt a part of Ignotis, get your facts straight Adaring.

PS, You did tell us to come show you how we got in. That was one of the first things you said.

“Last night, you didn't give an appropriate response. You constantly failed to answer a simple question that would have benefited everyone. “
No this would have benefited you. We don’t care if you are filling up /O with your very annoying questions. We didn’t have to tell you, nor did we want to. End of story.

“You telling me that you blinked in isn't going to give me a method of stopping you from blinking in, that should have been obvious. “
We blinked in over your short ass walls you idiot. Then our friend opened the gate for the rest of us. If only you could simply build larger walls in order to fix that problem!

“I was looking to get an answer to an even bigger question: Are you polite, decent people. I got that answer, it was no. I made you out as a dick because you are. You can't answer a simple question that would not have negatively impacted you, other than benefiting me.
How is it that us not telling you something make us out to be the complete assholes in the situation? We don’t have to tell you, nor would many other people say anything to anyone if they are in the same situation. Many wouldn’t even ask because they know that the other people wouldn’t tell them.

“Did you also notice that if I make a point that everyone else in town agrees with, they won't start the same argument because it would be superfluous? Green and Merikku were helping me get Max to stay out of it, because he was so intent on ruining me. He wasn't fighting for his right in [o], he was fighting because he is also from Ignotis.

Again you are really stupid. Max is not at all a part of Ignotis, he was simply one of the few people who were irritated by you talking. Greenliketea and Merikku BOTH said on the /ch slap that you like to rage. Then they corrected themselves by saying “debate” (they used the quotes). So don’t assume that if you say something your entire town is going to agree with it. :D That’s a gross generalization!
“You and a couple of other people misinterpreted what I said, you just twisted my words on me which is a cheap shot. I never said to leave [o], or if my memory forsakes me, I never meant it.

I didn’t twist your words, you were telling people to be quite and eventually told them to leave /O that is exactly what happened and don’t pretend like you didn’t
If you don’t want to get offended then don’t lie. Simple as that. Which
Everyone who was speaking in chat last night said something to the effect of ok guys lets be done, Adaring stop raging, or take it to a different channel.

Those people didn’t want to listen to you. They didn’t have to have anything positive about the conversation between our two towns because that’s not why they were arguing. They just wanted you to stop flooding /O.

“On a similar note, you asked for it by camping in our no PvP region, which we will do anything to rid it from your pestilence. Similarly, only 2 people used lava the entire time, the rest of it involved a brawl which you lost and you are failing to admit to, after all only one of you burned to death, the rest were player killed.”
What am I failing to admit to? I said we died! But we killed you guys a lot with just us 4. But we knew we were going to die. We were going to fight until we died and see how long we survived. That’s what we went out there to do. I haven’t denied that at all.

“I was not having a friendly discussion, I was asking questions, and there was hostility, but I tried to avoid it. I didn't rage, if I did I would have accused you of hacking and cheating with NO basis for it what so ever.
You did lol. You said there are 3 ways to getting in and one is an exploit. We said we didn’t cheat. And you said. Well then just tell me. We told you we didn’t have to. Then you said well then I must assume that you exploited. Then you went on to saying /pe’s will be filed which is also saying that we exploited, you said that in /O. Everyone saw it.

“you killed a few of us and we killed all of you
Lol a lot more than a few.

“What made me angry was that you wouldn't answer my simple questions, and that others were interfering. I attacked Max with so much hostility because he attacked me first. He should have expected that getting involved in something with me would not end well for him. It made 100% rational sense that I was mad at him, he was interfering and making it difficult for me to ask my questions. If that's not rational, then I don't know what is. And just because I was mad, despite my lack of expressing it in the chat, does not mean that everyone disagreed with me. You are trying to isolate me, make me feel alone, and you are failing.

I’m not going to repeat what I’ve been saying, cause you should no we don’t have to tell you and that you said it in /O and you’re an idiot.

“And you want to know why I was 'spamming' him? Because he told me to take it to tells, and so I did. Then I told him why he should not have gotten involved, and exactly how he presented himself to me, told him why he was wrong to interfere, and told him for thenth time to stop interfering, but he ignored me, because he couldn't handle being attacked by me after he attacked me.

Lol he ignored you because no one wants to talk to you. You think anyone enjoys hearing you talk. These threads are retarded long. I am amazed truly amazed by how much you type. It scares me.

Really scares me. Like right now I’m trying but most of my shit is quotes. We were all talking in /ch slap and he said man Adaring just wont drop it. So we said dude, just ignore him, hes pissed, either really ignore him or don’t pay attention and he said way ahead of you.

“Honestly, if you cannot comprehend why I might be the slightest bit angry at you raiding us, then I fear you are doomed for a life of incompetence and arrogance. It's human nature to get angry when defeated, like I've said before, I'm not hiding that I was mad, but I never raged, I asked questions and demanded answers. I never tried to start something, but everyone else who interfered started to instigate and inflame the situation. I don't care why my friends or you thought of the raid. I was a crafter, I didn't want to get involved but I knew a small amount of diamond would not hurt me and that staying passive would have.

If you could read I said complain. Complain means to verbally discuss your hostility or anger or anguish. You can be angry all you want to. But you went to /O.
And demanded answers that didn’t need to be said lol. Who’s the incompetent one? You started something by even asking the first question then demanding the answers to them.
You quoted kriskills stuff in a lot of my but I’m really tired of this. You’re an idiot and I have far better things to do with my time.

Really what ^ boils down to is, no Adaring, we aren't assholes for not telling you. Anyone else in the same situation would know we don't have to. You really need to get a lot of your facts right, and we all keep repeating whats already been said countless times because Adaring doesn't seem to listen.

P.S. I really hope we can be done with this convo soon XD I got homework

OnixZ2

Stone
LOL you guys know what I find the funniest about all of this? Its a game xD who cares jesus if you're mad just attack us back. No big deal, we go raiding for fun, we still died and lost all of our stuff. It not about the stuff we gain but the fun of an intense battle. It was 4 Ignotis vs Orion (who ever was on). Really I don't see why this has been dragged on. Lets just all move a long and get a long haha. In the end its a game and you're supposed to have fun. So lets do that :D

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
This is madness and sparta, I also think this thread needs to be locked( @Brutalacerate @seratt @Kainzo )You're all bickering like CHILDREN. Evern worse, a married couple, get over it. I have respect for Adaring and think he has every right to post this but for god sakes everyone get over it. If it happened it happend and you cant change it, I know how you all feel believe me, I've been in the same situation a million times. Please if you'd like to bicker, do it out of public eyes, its like walking in on your dad in the bathroom, no one wants to see it.

Furthermore, Tacos

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I think this sort of "discussion" is probably symptomatic of some legitimate issues with the operation of HeroCraft. Once more, respect for the staff, but if everything ran buttersmooth I doubt we'd see anything that troubled a person long enough to write an essay on the event, which then proceeded to attract this much attention and lols. I'm probably not covering everything that contributed to this, and it may just be the personalities clashing, but I've felt the effects of some problems in the same vein, and I get the feeling they aren't just freak accidents.

Ze Rules apparently are not being advertised well enough, and more than a few restrict the way you play the game even where it wouldn't be problematic on other servers, and there's no way to systematically to prevent or detect the transgression. And this can lead to incrementally-increasing frustration and confusion. Even... threads dedicated to it.

People should be rational and reasonable and tolerant of a little noise, but you can't do much to fix that, particularly on the internet. The best cure for it is for the average player to take it upon themselves to be the better man. To expect criticism, expect misunderstandings, expect complaints, but not to instigate or perpetuate them. To expect sarcasm and rage and trolls and excessive profanity and entitlement without precedent and arrogance, but not to add to it. And maybe somebody else will get with the program. That's all that can be done.

In the end, it IS a game. It's not worth the gravity people tend to give it. Shut up and have fun, why don't ye?

Lol if you do Vud don't post anything more. I think Daz made a very good point. I apologize for dragging this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.