• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

The Order of Arch Neutrality and server trust

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
ZXTtay3.jpg

Please read the whole thread before you judge it please!!!

I am guessing most of you have no idea who i am so here is a little background info on my guild. Back in bastion i was part of a guild called The Word of Helios a peaceful guild/religion, it was a fun guild but had one annoying rule that you were not allowed to to engage in combat of any kind for any reason. No fighting for fun in duels or even in self defense, basically run or die.

While i am not what you would call a hardcore pvper i do enjoy dueling and acknowledge that while pvp isn't the main feature of the server it is still a huge one and you can't just ignore it. But that doesn't mean that pvp should be in the state that it exists today where you can't even cross the map without the threat of being killed for little to no reason. The point is that although there are towns that are enemies for the most part no one really trusts each other and that is sad. People should be able to cross the map without fear of someone randomly killing them for no reason, this leads me to my idea.

With the new map i have recreated my guild (
http://goo.gl/ehVcIX ) I have a new goal. I am building the guild main temple atm and would like it to be a truely neutral location where players of all towns or alignments can come without fear of being ganked. Current plans call for the temple to have a large collection of all the history and knowledge of the server stored in its archives along with maps and other artifacts. Along with that there are plans to have chest shop areas open for merchants and an arena underground where players can engage in honorable and fair duels along with the ability to host tournaments. There are also plans down the road to have rooms available to anyone needing a place to stay either overnight to avoid mobs or long term for cheap or a small donation. Of course since the guild is RP/Religion it will have areas of shrines and worship for followers of the faith. The outside will be surrounded by beautiful gardens for players to relax in and enjoy.

Also side note that the archives will be open to all (please don't steal the damn books) and that i have asked @Paul_Bakken to construct nice roads to lead to the town. More on that another time.

I know that some of are thinking, "what is the point of this we have spawn don't we". Your right we do have spawn, it has chest shops and the exchange and eventually noble plots so whats the point of the temple or this thread. Here is the point, in spawn you can't fight other players only because pvp is flaged off. The point of the temple is to establish some trust between players to show that the server isn't just about mindless pvp and if too much fighting erupts between players then the trust has weakened and needs to be straightened out.

To this end i am calling on town leaders, councils and even individual players to think over this idea and if you support it pledge that support here. If there are town leaders or people of importance that i have forgotten to tag please tag them in a reply post, thank you!!!

Also if you would like to help in anyway or have additional ideas please post them or PM me in-game or on the forums.
@Kainzo @Dielan9999 @Jonsoon @Artan6 @Eldrylars @wailingrl @northeaster345 @MichaelRL @ShadowRavynn @Aerokii @Jreems @Iseradore
@Symbolite @xexorian @TheMormon
@leftovers5

6NzNbVy.png

The Divine Sora (Kingdom)

The Forgotten Empire (Kingdom)

Demonswood (City)

Last edited:

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
I stand behind this 100%

Let me know if I can do anything to help out.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Sounds like a party, though I feel bad for the poor souls that are there when the jerks decide to attack it anyway.
Also, 1.7 adds book cloning IIRC, so it should get easier then.

_Fish_

Legacy Supporter 3
I also believe in this 100%. I would like to help with this goal in mind, if I may.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
I stand behind this 100%

Let me know if I can do anything to help out.
We always need supplies and maybe help building if you are a builder i wouldn't mind input on the temple design, i have been building the pillars and archways that surround the grounds but haven't made a definite decision on a final design.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Sounds like a party, though I feel bad for the poor souls that are there when the jerks decide to attack it anyway.
Also, 1.7 adds book cloning IIRC, so it should get easier then.
I wouldn't mind if there where trained guards at the temple for set amount of times once the guild's military arm expands again, and books will still need to be written by Runesmiths and we do not know if @Kainzo will make the copying ability just for Runesmiths (I think it should be).

Glacial_Reign

Portal
There will be no safe place in haven besides spawn. Can't hide, no one is safe. If you want to take refuge you can take it in hell where I'll send you

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
There will be no safe place in haven besides spawn. Can't hide, no one is safe. If you want to take refuge you can take it in hell where I'll send you
You are part of the problem that the server loses people that just don't mindlessly pvp all day and hunt low level lost souls, please refrain from any more posts on this thread.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Only segregation comes from people building impenetrable towns and hiding inside no-pvp areas, This leaves the only places to fight are between the safe places to go, and half the time when these wilderness raiders meet a random person its after minutes if not hours of searching around towns with no possible way in.. As an expert in dying to random people for no reason, I disagree with any neutral/safe zones.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Only segregation comes from people building impenetrable towns and hiding inside no-pvp areas, This leaves the only places to fight are between the safe places to go, and half the time when these wilderness raiders meet a random person its after minutes if not hours of searching around towns with no possible way in.. As an expert in dying to random people for no reason, I disagree with any neutral/safe zones.
I understand your point of view and agree at times its hard to find some good pvp but ganking random low levels isn't the answer and doesn't even seem enjoyable, at least last map pvpers had arenas and stuff like that why that is not in-game right now is stupid. Instead of wandering around towns for hours looking for some cheap crappy kills why not come hang around the arena in the temple when its done and have some meaningful fights, bet armor or coins and have fair, challenging fights. Like i said i understand the pvper point of view on this.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
And towns no longer become the "safe" places they are made out to be when raiders are free to come and go as they please. There is no winning any argument when it comes to towns. Neither side will give. It's like a dead horse.

This is an entirely different problem born of the server's nearly complete lack of social aspects. There's an economy, but it's much devoid of many things a real economy should have. When meeting someone on the road, there's either death or both parties fleeing in fear of death. No conversation, no chatting, no trading, and certainly nobody helping each other. The social aspect of this game is almost entirely confined to whatever town you may have joined, and outside of that, there's little. And I'm not going to include the random bouts of sparring that occur in o chat.

PVP exists, and everyone much accept that, even if they don't want to. People on the other side of the argument need to accept that PVP shouldn't exist everywhere. There MUST be compromise.

I, for one, would be happy to see an effort towards making Herocraft a more sociable community.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Unfortunately the server will never be like Sanctum when players could walk the wilds and encounter other players and not be attacked. I personally still practice this to the point where I'll only engage if the other person attacks first or they are actually an enemy of my group. I can't tell you the number of times I've encountered a lower level player in the wilds and they would message me asking me why they weren't dead lol.

That aside I love the concept of this archive housing the many bits of history this server has to offer from maps past.

Zephael_

Legacy Supporter 3
This it's a cute idea, but I doubt certain people will respect it enough to not kill/steal here.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
This it's a cute idea, but I doubt certain people will respect it enough to not kill/steal here.
Of course not, I am well aware that some people will completely ignore this and continue to play as they always have but just because they don't care doesn't mean that a good amount of people will like it and want to make it a reality.

Wulphmahn

Coal
I think this is a great idea, I think it's a step in the right direction to make the server a more social place as XenZan mentioned as well as safer for lower level players.

As far as those who will not honor the sanctity, I agree with what you said about having guards to protect the temple grounds from people like that.

I'm completely for this and will help in whatever way I can as well.