• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Taking a look at Wizard's popularity.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Why is it so popular? I think that when a class has such a strong following, it actually makes the server less diverse, less fun, and less of an experience.

I believe the reason for wizard's popularity is that it combines two aspects of Herocrack, PvP and utility.

No one will be arguing that wizards are not competitive in pvp at the moment. However, they also receive Spire Ports and Warshard Spawn Port, VERY useful skills and ones that can only be found in a wizard or a mystic.

I think we should remove some of the incentive to go wizard, since it clearly is overrepresented in the newest batch of people to choose a hero. Please type /hero who wizard during anything NEAR peak hours, you will see what I mean.

The suggestion I would like to start things off with is, Remove Spire ports from Wizard. Keep spawn port, GTP (duh) and Warshard spawn, but only let mystics port parties to the spires. Thoughts?

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Removing Spire ports would pretty much remove the idea of Wizard. Its like taking away Paladin's armor, or bringing back Thief and taking away Thievery from it.

RaepSoda

Iron
Removing Spire ports would pretty much remove the idea of Wizard. Its like taking away Paladin's armor, or bringing back Thief and taking away Thievery from it.

That's quite a bit of a stretch. Taking armor from a Paladin would make it useless. Taking Thievery from a Thief just wouldn't make any sense.

Taking spire ports from Wizards wouldn't make them useless. It also makes some sense, considering what the original post says.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8

No, wizards are too appealing and the server is starting to reflect it. Rather than open the pvp can of worms, I decided to ask that the utility aspect of wizards be looked at.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
The only reason I wanted to go wizard when I first joined HC, is because it's so much different from normal MC. I mean, before I joined this I was just used to placing lava buckets and spamming click as fast as I can. A new player comes on and see he can use lightning and teleport? Obviously he/she would take an interest in it.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
The only reason I wanted to go wizard when I first joined HC, is because it's so much different from normal MC. I mean, before I joined this I was just used to placing lava buckets and spamming click as fast as I can. A new player comes on and see he can use lightning and teleport? Obviously he/she would take an interest in it.
But what about things like free speed boosts (free meaning without needing potions) and turning invisible? I see why people appeal to Wizard, and why other classes can be more appealing.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I'd have to agree.
However, if only Mystics had it, and they don't have GTP, then that limits the use of spires.

Maybe spires should be combined with Herogates. Mystics don't need to port to spawn before porting to a spire, but the rest must get to them through other herogates/spawn.
I dunno, maybe not, just don't want spires to have no use at all.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
I'd have to agree.
However, if only Mystics had it, and they don't have GTP, then that limits the use of spires.

Maybe spires should be combined with Herogates. Mystics don't need to port to spawn before porting to a spire, but the rest must get to them through other herogates/spawn.
I dunno, maybe not, just don't want spires to have no use at all.
I think the herogate/spire idea is a good one.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Wizard is better than the 3 other caster classes in both PvP, and utility. That is why people go Wizard instead of the other caster classes.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I'd have to agree.

Port to spires takes your party with you, so it is still a bit useful, but I agree, spires are a cool part of the game and I do not want to lose them.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
I kind of like the idea of letting only mystics get the ability to port to spires because the spires are all nature related areas. Ex. Forestspires, snowspires, waterspires etc. Plus, letting wizards keep the ability to GTP and port to spawn/warshard, that wouldn't render them useless.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I kind of like the idea of letting only mystics get the ability to port to spires because the spires are all nature related areas. Ex. Forestspires, snowspires, waterspires etc. Plus, letting wizards keep the ability to GTP and port to spawn/warshard, that wouldn't render them useless.
Yes. Kainzo - I urge you to highly consider this. Give mystics utility and take some away from wizards. Maybe an extended CD GTP as well?

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Wizard is probably one of the best utility classes. You can quickly traverse the map and bring your party with you.

I'm more willing to open the PVP can of worms. In addition to the Utility skills, Wizards have AOE (megabolt pulse), mobility (blink and enderpearls), decent HP, have a melee weapon that never loses durability, decent at ranged combat (fireball, icebolt), can slow or root enemies, and some nuke abilities like Bolt, megabolt, and fireblast. They can do massive amounts of damage then get away pretty easily.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Wizard is probably one of the best utility classes. You can quickly traverse the map and bring your party with you.

I'm more willing to open the PVP can of worms. In addition to the Utility skills, Wizards have AOE (megabolt pulse), mobility (blink and enderpearls), decent HP, have a melee weapon that never loses durability, decent at ranged combat (fireball, icebolt), can slow or root enemies, and some nuke abilities like Bolt, megabolt, and fireblast. They can do massive amounts of damage then get away pretty easily.

Decent HP? If I am not mistaken we have the lowest off all mastered classes, most wizards take the HP from their Professions. Also most Wizards are targeted in fights. Not saying anything against the HP I think its quite balanced with the Health/High Damage output balance.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5

please don't group megabolt in with pulse. it's a targeted AOE. its not like i can just do /skill megabolt and nuke everyone

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Port to spires takes your party with you, so it is still a bit useful, but I agree, spires are a cool part of the game and I do not want to lose them.
It only takes those around you, the utility is limited. But I agree, it's still something.