• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Taking a look at Wizard's popularity.

Ayohae

TNT
I feel the true solution is to add utility skills to other classes, some non-PvP incentive for choosing that class. Wizard's Ports, Ranger's track, Ninja's thievery, et cetera.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I remember EpicPoodle in Zeal as a Wizard. He was feared for it, Bolt was a tiny bit op back then XD
Lol fighting wizards was retarded mid zeal. I would have to hide behind shit and hope he came to me because bolt did 7-8 hearts instantly so 1 fireball would finish it.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
What if we buffed mystics spire ports so that they ported party members within a 200(500?) block radius of the mystic?

Would increase the use of spires. Would decrease the unique ease that wizards enjoy in bringing parties to spires (thus decreasing the unique appeal of wizards slightly). Would not threaten GTP as a skill.

A note to those who are rating facepalm etc.: I am a ranger. I would love it if every single person besides me played a wizard, that is because Rangers can/should beat Wizards right now. Except for reasons previously stated regarding a balanced, fun community, which is why I made this thread to take a sounding of the community perception on wizard population. <3

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Wizard is probably one of the best utility classes. You can quickly traverse the map and bring your party with you.

I'm more willing to open the PVP can of worms. In addition to the Utility skills, Wizards have AOE (megabolt pulse), mobility (blink and enderpearls), decent HP, have a melee weapon that never loses durability, decent at ranged combat (fireball, icebolt), can slow or root enemies, and some nuke abilities like Bolt, megabolt, and fireblast. They can do massive amounts of damage then get away pretty easily.
Wizards have the lowest HP in the game, how the heck is that decent? Their melee weapon got "no durability" but why the hell would a wizard even consider doing any melee fighting? As for the skills, Fireblast deals the least damage of nukes out there. Port and GTP are still the only skills I went wizard for so I can sell spawnports.

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
Wizard is high utility due to ports and so forth - this is an intended thing.
Guys, it is all by design. They are not that strong in PvP. Every melee class can kill a maxed Wizard in under 10 seconds. This balances the class. Utilities like Port and Group Teleport are invaluable to traverse the map, but when it comes down to combat, Wizards can't do a lot more than kite and try and get skills off. Wizards, in my opinion, are fine. The reason there are so many of them, is by virtue of the fact that they have strong utility skills, and are pretty fun to play.

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree with the concept of over-representation. Something is wrong when you have 15% of the server being wizards.

Not really. There are classes that counter everything. A ninja can kill a maxed wizard in 2 seconds. If 15% of the server is wizard, than 15% should go ninja, or another countering class. If you are getting shit on as a rogue, don't complain about how OP wizard is, switch classes to counter.

This should be simple enough. Whatever class is pissing you off and you think "desperately needs a patch," COUNTER IT.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
If you are getting shit on as a rogue, don't complain about how OP wizard is, switch classes to counter it.
Rogues do counter wizards lol. I think wizard pvp is fine. Perhaps adding fireworks to more skills will reduce the unique fun appeal that wizards have.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yeah I made water spires and I would hate to have it become something useless and unused
You built one corner of its design. I made a lot of changes to that and completely rebuilt the roof.
This should be simple enough. Whatever class is pissing you off and you think "desperately needs a patch," COUNTER IT.
This! It's called a meta game.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Once again, this is not a thread in which to be pissed off about wizards. This was a thread to determine if we should begin worrying about the server being disproportionally (15%+)one single class. I think, after everyone's contributions, the answer is "not yet, but possibly in the future."

I wasn't here for the DG dragoon crowd. Did people ever see too many dragoons? Did it detract from the overall experience?

Ayohae

TNT
Once again, this is not a thread in which to be pissed off about wizards. This was a thread to determine if we should begin worrying about the server being disproportionally (15%+)one single class. I think, after everyone's contributions, the answer is "not yet, but possibly in the future."

I think everyone saw this thread and thought you wanted to nerf wizard to hell, unfortunately.
It has been said that Wizard was given the utility by design, and so many people go wizard for their teleportation skills.

You'll notice that the most popular classes of each path are: Dragoon, Ranger, Wizard, and Mystic (very close).
Dragoon has Jump, Ranger has Track, Wizard has GTP and Ports, and Mystic has Port. Not everyone chooses these classes for these reasons alone, but clearly the utility of these classes is much-desired.

I would like to see more of these utility skills added to other classes; it would definitely balance the popularity a bit.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I.. inspired it then? :D
Yes you did.
Tbh that spire would have been in the competition if you hadn't done that. I'm useless at building stuff from scratch, if I have something to work from I generally do a lot better :p