• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Show off your desktop!

ebilaxe

Legacy Supporter 6
well that rainmeter theme is based off of windows 8 then, because thats what it looks like. It least one of the earlier dev builds that I used.
I see what you are getting it, but that looks nothing like it. Considering the windows 7 task bar.

insuble

Dirt
6ekrvl.jpg

vhelium

TNT
Yeah I know, old thread. But I thought I'll just ad my desktop to this collection ;)

My pc is just for playing games:
pc.png

And my laptop on which I work on my projects:
Laptop.png

iKuroba

Gold
My eyes, they have been raped!

You could just make a folder named pictures and shove them in there :p and remove any redundancies with desktop application shortcuts and pinned taskbar items in Win7 and it goes a longgggg way you know :p
I know. It's because I have my desktop as my download location then just sort things later. The only icons that are pinned and not deleted from my desktop are things I recently downloaded. Icons are usually hidden anyways, so it doesn't matter.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Ok, ok.

I have a good reason for necro'ing this thread this time. I got my hands on a free (legal of course) copy of Windows 8 Pro from my college and I went ahead and installed it today. I'm liking it so far. That start menu is kinda BS but if you do everything in a web browser like normal people these days (not IE9 or 10 hopfully. IE10 is pretty bad BTW) then the start menu shouldn't bother you. It's written in HTML anyway.

I just kinda pinned chrome to it and go from there. I just gotta get used to pressing Win+D becuase I'm not used to clicking a button to get to my desktop.

Hot corners kinda work, it's just not very configurable so I don't really use it.

Start menu comes with some crapware form microsoft (like skydrive, "mail", "people", and other apps like that) that you can unpin or uninstall. Everything else is like Windows 7 but snappier and IMO better looking.

What do you guys think? Anybody tried Windows 8 yet? If you are on a laptop that was hit hard by the jump from MC 1.2 to MC 1.3 you might wanna try Windows 8. The free'd up system resources might help you out.

1xChp.jpg

and

7hD6A.png

Linux is still better.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Ok, ok.

I have a good reason for necro'ing this thread this time. I got my hands on a free (legal of course) copy of Windows 8 Pro from my college and I went ahead and installed it today. I'm liking it so far. That start menu is kinda BS but if you do everything in a web browser like normal people these days (not IE9 or 10 hopfully. IE10 is pretty bad BTW) then the start menu shouldn't bother you. It's written in HTML anyway.

I just kinda pinned chrome to it and go from there. I just gotta get used to pressing Win+D becuase I'm not used to clicking a button to get to my desktop.

Hot corners kinda work, it's just not very configurable so I don't really use it.

Start menu comes with some crapware form microsoft (like skydrive, "mail", "people", and other apps like that) that you can unpin or uninstall. Everything else is like Windows 7 but snappier and IMO better looking.

What do you guys think? Anybody tried Windows 8 yet? If you are on a laptop that was hit hard by the jump from MC 1.2 to MC 1.3 you might wanna try Windows 8. The free'd up system resources might help you out.

1xChp.jpg

and

7hD6A.png

Linux is still better.

You telling me this just made me realize that I also get a free copy of it from my school, also @Neo_Exdeath because his school also gives a free copy.

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
YAFh

In my taskbar, Opera, Teamspeak, Hexchat (IRC), Notepad++ (super secret quest stuffs), GIT to upload my super secret quest stuffs and foobar2000 (music), and yes... I have fricking Rainmeter installed (Because I hate freedom).

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
What you did right:
Desktop file folder. Yay!

What you did wrong:
Default picture. :(
I always have a game open or steam/firefox window full screen so the only times I look at my desktop is when my computer is turning on, and when it's turning off. I don't think it's that important when I'm almost never look at it. I have been meaning to transfer over the desktop from my old laptop (should be posted a couple pages ago) and put it on my computer.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I always have a game open or steam/firefox window full screen so the only times I look at my desktop is when my computer is turning on, and when it's turning off. I don't think it's that important when I'm almost never look at it. I have been meaning to transfer over the desktop from my old laptop (should be posted a couple pages ago) and put it on my computer.
The one that Grom made? I like those ones. :)

GraRona

Portal
Ok, ok.

1xChp.jpg

and

7hD6A.png

Linux is still better.

I used to dual boot Windows 8 beta on my hackintosh and I didn't like it too much. OS X ran minecraft and java in general much better (no "minecraft has run out of memory" messages on OS X and plenty of them appearing every 15 minutes on Windows 8). Also, the metro UI is useless and just adds an extra step to get to your desktop. However, that was beta so I'm guessing lots of things have changed.