• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Show off your desktop!

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
wJOa

Set up my fences and Rainmeter... Shit man this is sexy.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Managed to go over two weeks without breaking/switching/accidentally my OS. So here's mine again.

Running Xubuntu 12.04 (because I like XFCE and am too lazy to configure Arch) and got my trusty dock working! Plus kickass wallpaper, gives me SWBF2 flashbacks lol

(with IRC to show my fancy window borders i downloaded)

deskywithwindow526.png

(sexy wallpaper)
desktop526.png

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
I have 4gb of RAM It's chrome taking up 2gb with the combo of rainmeter and customizable fences.

And Windows.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
How much RAM does fences take? I know windows only takes about a gig, maybe a little more, chome shouldn't take that much, I was able to run Nightly in windows in about .2-.4 gb.
as far as chrome taking up ram goes, it depends on how many tabs you have open. Roughly 15 to 20 tabs take up 1 gig of ram for me in firefox, and thats not even counting the plugin container (which for me takes up another 1/4 to 1/2 gigs)

Me in an idle state with about 10 tabs open uses 4 gigs of ram in total (note that this doesnt show the majority of windows related procceses)
wXGX

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Dielan, how the heck do you run MC on Linux.
I'm on Kubunto, and I have no clue. Mind PMing me on how you did it?

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
i cant remember but i think you have to change some of the files properties to make it into an exacutable jar.

Yup, and java needs to be installed (open source or not, one way or another).

And if the GUI doesn't allow you to make it executable, just give it r/w/x perms with the command "chmod 777 Spoutcraft.jar"

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
b333632f78b1f537f2b7e8ef49b6b9e4.png

My background doesn't have enough shortcuts, but it does have a cute ass little girl :3