• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove LWC Deathchest for pvp deaths...?

dils1

Legacy Supporter 7
This is something that has bothered me for quite some time, it is a lwc deathchest dropping when you kill someone with a chest in their inventory. I just dont see why it happens, it normally hasnt been for pvp in other maps, and tbh it doesnt feel very hardcore. and its annoying to have to camp someones deathchest for like over 5 minutes after you kill them

just throwing this out there

Joka10

Soulsand
I assumed at the beginning of this map when I noticed myself and others dropping deathchests that it was just an error with permissions, and would be fixed. I knew that it was a donor perk last map (or at least I thought it was), and I thought something had got messed up in the configs with the update. It doesn't really make sense to have it be so easy to drop a deathchest. All you have to do is have a chest in your inventory, and when you die, you can get your whole town together to go protect your chest. I think the initial purpose was to stimulate more PvP, and I suppose it has done that, but it is more detrimental than helpful, in my opinion.

I do think that it could be modified to be better, though. What if, by default, your deathchest locked for 30 seconds, and in that time, you could buy more lock time for a large sum of money? Say, 1c per second... That would mean to achieve 5 minutes of lock (including the free initial 30 sec), it would cost you 270c (if my math is right). Thus, you wouldn't have to wait 5 minutes for a chest to unlock to find that the guy only had an iron sword (or if you did, it would be a major waste of money on their part). People with a lot of loot could pay to keep it safe a little longer and risk fighting to get it back, but you wouldn't have that irritating wait every single time you killed a guy with a chest. It's just so pointless right now D:

donaldmax1

Soulsand
let me correct myself I don't think it should be a donor perk. I would like to see it gone as it's annoying to camp a death chest.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I think that they should be removed for PvP deaths, but stay in for PvE related deaths, would cut down on a lot of complaints.

Joka10

Soulsand
I do think they have their advantages in PvP, as I said above. However, the current system isn't the way. Reiterating my suggestion, the chests could lock for 15-30 seconds by default, long enough for someone to respawn and type, but not too long. They could type a command to elongate the lock by a certain amount of time for a certain heavy fee. It would be possible to protect a chest, but costly. Someone who had been mining for days and died could spend a lot of money and get their town to fight around the chest, but it probably wouldn't be worth a standard raider's cash to extend the lock. This system would allow the chests to be centers of PvP in extreme cases, but wouldn't result in the groaning that the current system does, where chests holding nothing but iron swords lock for five minutes and keep the killers trapped there in anticipation.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
i dont think death chests are op at all. i find it to be dumb and ruins battles because everyone is so concerned about camping death chests, as well as guys wanting to get their death chests in the middle of a huge battle. its sorta bad for both sides

themeoff

Legacy Supporter 8
I think that they should be removed for PvP deaths, but stay in for PvE related deaths, would cut down on a lot of complaints.
well c12 the only issue with that is if they die by fall damage during pvp then youd still have to wait 5mins i know as disc i get a lot of fall damage kills

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I'll say no to this suggestion. The deathchest is very useful for people that suddenly get jumped on while building. Some times, they have blocks that they'd like to keep, so they can continue building. If the player is unable to come back and fight, then sure, the items are yours; that's how the system works (this has happened to me, many times). If you take away the deathchest, chances are, people won't be so happy to build, because they'll have 0 chance of getting their items back. I don't know about you, but I want to see good structures in this map, not minimalist shacks that were created in a day with the ugliest blocks.

Making it a donor perk only would also make donors OP.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
Make it a Donor perk from Tier 1. Then the time it stays LWC'ed increases per tier. All you have to do is donate a VERY SMALL sum of $5 and you get a death chest with LWC for 1 minute.

Each tier it could increase by 30 seconds

Tier 1 - 1 Minute. ($5)
Tier 2 - 1:30. ($10)
Tier 3 - 2 minutes ($20)
Tier 4 - 2:30. ($40)
Tier 5 - 3 minutes ($60)
Tier 6 - 3:30 ($80)
Tier 7 - 4 minutes ($100)
Tier 8 - 4:30 ($150)

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Errrm, still think no. I don't see deathchests being much of an issue. With almost all of my experiences with them, the raiders have managed to loot the chest (I wasn't able to get back/fight them off). I don't see what the problem is.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Deathchest should be restricted to T1+ like it always has. It's annoying when you're building on something amazing and then a full-time PvPer kills you and you have to gather everything again. PvPers gets it their way a bit too much already, let builders have Tombstone atleast. (And I like PvPing a lot more then building, but building and townships are a large part of HC)

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Deathchest should be restricted to T1+ like it always has. It's annoying when you're building on something amazing and then a full-time PvPer kills you and you have to gather everything again. PvPers gets it their way a bit too much already, let builders have Tombstone atleast. (And I like PvPing a lot more then building, but building and townships are a large part of HC)

Agreed, apart from the T1 bit. Keep it available to everyone! :eek:

S

Sir_Firebus

Yeah deathchests shouldn't be activated when the person is killed during pvp. No one wants to sit there and camp it for 5 mins. That's just stupid