• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove Infinite Sprint. Classes Should Affect Stamina.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
First off, I don't miss the vanilla hunger system, it didn't fit well with the how hardcore this server is. However I think the developer team missed some opportunities during implementation. I was talking with teddytazer about this, but we have different ideas.

Every class shouldn't be allowed to sprint top speed across the map. Top speed should be used in certain situations not 100% of the time. Most Casters and Healers don't even have to worry about stamina at all. It is just ten unused chicken leg icons on their screen. In combat, they can run in circles around the Rogues and Warriors whose skills rely on stamina.

Heroes and the Hunger replacement plugin should have some functionality merged. Your class should affect how fast your stamina regenerates. All stamina regeneration rates should be lowered. Having your stamina regeneration rate match or regenerate faster than what is consumed by sprinting should be an exclusive skill or perk for the most mobile classes, not available for all.

To account for this loss of ridiculously high stamina regeneration, some or all of the stamina costs for skills should be adjusted so that stamina based classes aren't hit too hard. Secondly new skills could be added to restore or remove stamina. Certain foods or potions could also restore stamina.

I realize many will dislike the fact that they won't be able to get around as fast, but this will add more depth to combat, and bring back a feature of minecraft that was taken away.

teddytazer

Soulsand
I think what bothers me most about infinite sprint is that rogue.warrior classes lose the ability to sprint after using skills meanwhile casters can use 100% magic and keep on kiting.

c12095

Holy Shit!
The only issue with this is it would require a complete redesign of classes. Faster classes would receive severe damage nerfs, while slower classes would have to get insanely high damage buffs to account for the fact that they could hardly catch their enemy. Not only that, but it would require many new skills to account for the fact that players have staggered movement.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Agreed, removing infinite sprint seems a tad much. When they Doubled casters mana pool were the same changes made to stamina pools? I know with proper timing and tactics these classes can win combat its just hard using 4-5 skills running dry and watching wizard use 10 and replenish.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
From my knowledge, not being able to sprint at certain times is the price a Warrior/Rogue specs pay for being able to deal high weapon damage and for the most part wear nifty looking armor. To give them the ability to run as effectively as a Caster/Healer spec would be suicide.

A

alexhoff1

It seems to be fair, and a good idea.

However, the benefit to classes that use stamina are usually higher damage outputs, or more armor in return.
for example, dragoons (obviously this would be an example. lol.) have the same stamina as other classes, or so it seems. Dragoons also have this insane mobility buff over just running, a 20-30 block leap practically that is insane if you time it right with running.
Another example, ninja's get backflip + smoke, both of which are insanely beneficial in a fight to go invisible and an easy get-away skill....

along with damage outputs on both of those classes, I just feel that this would be an unecessary debuff to casters in general, and a buff to classes like dragoons, and dreadknights, both of which seem to be up atm compared to other classes.

If I am wrong on this, sorry roadkill909. I just don't see this as fair, nor necessary. what would the drop ratio be on running - stamina? if this is a low ratio, fine. If this is a high ratio, like dragoons jump would do more, you just buffed dragoons and made the rest of the server probably pissed that they have to walk for more time.

Good idea however, if mobility in general for all classes could be lowered that would be great.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I thought the reason that healers/casters don't use stamina is because their damage is lower than that of rogue/warrior?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I thought the reason that healers/casters don't use stamina is because their damage is lower than that of rogue/warrior?

Exactly this, which is why it would be suicide if this was implimented. Nearly every class would need to be re-worked to account for these changes. I can tell you that in the Healer/Caster spec group, Disciples are the only class that use stamina (despite wearing leather and dealing only 64HP with a Blazerod). As an experienced Disciple, I can tell you that I run out of stamina frequently in fights, to have my stamina drained even quicker because I'm sprinting is going to be horribad.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
MANA = magical classes (Casters/healers/hybrids)
STAMINA = physical classes (warriors/rogues/hybrids)

That's how it is at the moment. You're pampered, on other servers, sprinting has a massive hunger drain and requires you to eat seldom.

Goonswarm

Legacy Supporter 5
I would caution this. You all know that caster specs are very well balanced at the moment. Putting a limit on melee's ability to use abilities as well as chase us down while we kite would give significant strength to casters. More or less you are taxing a resource we don't use while hindering a resource many melee specs use.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
I would caution this. You all know that caster specs are very well balanced at the moment. Putting a limit on melee's ability to use abilities as well as chase us down while we kite would give significant strength to casters. More or less you are taxing a resource we don't use while hindering a resource many melee specs use.
execpt necro

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
I would say that anything that slows the game down would make it less fun to play. imagine running across the map and having to walk 90% of it

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I think this man hit the nail on the coffin.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
I would say that anything that slows the game down would make it less fun to play. imagine running across the map and having to walk 90% of it

I think it's about time we level the money-making playing field that Wizards have had a monopoly on until now.

Want a port to spawn? Pay the wizards....

Want to raid the other side of the map---Favith's Bard service is here for you! Only 50c! Group discounts for raiding parties with 4 or more people, of course. ;)