• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove Inactive Towns

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
They have to log in at least once a week, for a start. As for the amount of time they log in, it should vary. It's easy to see if someone ''cheats'' the system by logging in for one minute every week.

Town audits are very important. Without them, we'll continue to see places like Gravkoc and Citadel taking up space. Some people actually want to make active towns, but they can't because there is no room.

But here is the thing, you used the word "Vary". It sounds like you all want a concrete rule on what constitutes inactive, so you cannot say " it would vary".

I am trying not to be a pain about it and pick your words apart mind you, I am seriously interested on what the community would consider inactive.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
But here is the thing, you used the word "Vary". It sounds like you all want a concrete rule on what constitutes inactive, so you cannot say " it would vary".

I am trying not to be a pain about it and pick your words apart mind you, I am seriously interested on what the community would consider inactive.

When I say ''vary'', I mean it depends on the type of citizen. Mayors shouldn't be able to get away with being 2 weeks inactive (unless they have and state a valid reason, many just say they have ''exams'', in which case; why are you the mayor still?).

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
When I say ''vary'', I mean it depends on the type of citizen. Mayors shouldn't be able to get away with being 2 weeks inactive (unless they have and state a valid reason, many just say they have ''exams'', in which case; why are you the mayor still?).

The other problem with that is the issue with switching mayors around. At this time only Kainzo can change them, and he is so busy as it is.

Some towns have SiC taking over because the mayor is inactive but they cannot be changed yet.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
That's why there is a town cap, so we have 30 towns with a good number of members rather then 100 towns with a few members. I'm not suggesting to remove the cap, just to change what makes a town inactive. Like I said, it's very easy to stockpile gold and then survive off of that without actually being very active after collecting the gold. It stunts the cycle of towns and doesn't give active players the chance to form the town, and keep in mind they still have to pay to become a town too.
29 towns. DHX is at spawn to stop people building too close.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
The other problem with that is the issue with switching mayors around. At this time only Kainzo can change them, and he is so busy as it is.

Some towns have SiC taking over because the mayor is inactive but they cannot be changed yet.

Well he should come up with a way to allow managers/other admins to transfer the ''Mayor'' position.

Back to the main topic: Gravkoc, Axiom, Citadel, Raubtier and Malkier. They're inactive, as far as i'm aware. I've checked their citizen counts, and, judging by their forum active aswell, i'd easily say they're inactive. What is going to happen to these towns?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Well he should come up with a way to allow managers/other admins to transfer the ''Mayor'' position.

Back to the main topic: Gravkoc, Axiom, Citadel, Raubtier and Malkier. They're inactive, as far as i'm aware. I've checked their citizen counts, and, judging by their forum active aswell, i'd easily say they're inactive. What is going to happen to these towns?

Raubtier has already lost their regions. Trust me, I was there when they went down, I was there when someone blew a giant "M" into the wall, and i was there last night watching Alex snoop through the town =) Not sure why it is still listed on /town list .

As for the rest, I cannot comment on.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Malkier. They're inactive, as far as i'm aware. I've checked their citizen counts, and, judging by their forum active aswell, i'd easily say they're inactive. What is going to happen to these towns?
I believe they are trying to get Malkier up again.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter

Malkier is active though it recently had a large member drop and Raubtier already lost it's regions which you would have known if you'd read this thread. Axiom is trying to build up members again to try and be more active. "Inactivity" is not cut and dry there are multiple reasons why people go inactive some are legitimate reasons and it would be unfair to destroy their hard work because of reason's they're unable to prevent. You clearly are doing very little research behind any of these towns most people are accusing of being inactive. Just because you personally don't see them chatting in offtopic or posting on the forums does not mean they're not active.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Malkier is active though it recently had a large member drop and Raubtier already lost it's regions which you would have known if you'd read this thread. Axiom is trying to build up members again to try and be more active. "Inactivity" is not cut and dry there are multiple reasons why people go inactive some are legitimate reasons and it would be unfair to destroy their hard work because of reason's they're unable to prevent. You clearly are doing very little research behind any of these towns most people are accusing of being inactive. Just because you personally don't see them chatting in offtopic or posting on the forums does not mean they're not active.

I knew Raubtier lost it's regions. I'm pointing it out because the thread is still there - shouldn't it be removed?

As for Malkier, that too has been given up by the owner, Rumble. In which case, if it was his choice to let the town die, shouldn't their regions be removed aswell?

And what about Gravkoc. I did a check on their ''council'' and they're all around 1 months inactive. If they each have their own ''excuse'', then fine, but the town shouldn't remain with a region regardless. If they arn't going to bother to show up, why should their town still be up? People work hard to ensure their regions are not removed, whereas they just go do other things with their region automatically protected.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
I knew Raubtier lost it's regions. I'm pointing it out because the thread is still there - shouldn't it be removed?

As for Malkier, that too has been given up by the owner, Rumble. In which case, if it was his choice to let the town die, shouldn't their regions be removed aswell?

And what about Gravkoc. I did a check on their ''council'' and they're all around 1 months inactive. If they each have their own ''excuse'', then fine, but the town shouldn't remain with a region regardless. If they arn't going to bother to show up, why should their town still be up? People work hard to ensure their regions are not removed, whereas they just go do other things with their region automatically protected.

Rumble is actually passing mayor to Kiwi, but again with the issue of switching mayors, only Kainzo can do it, and it is not a high priority I would suspect.

Hanpeter77

ICE ICE ICE!
Why should Gravkoc be removed. We still pay our taxes. Just because we haven't had that much interest in herocraft in the past few months doesn't mean we should get our regions removed.

The only thing that really matters is that we still pay our taxes.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Why should Gravkoc be removed. We still pay our taxes. Just because we haven't had that much interest in herocraft in the past few months doesn't mean we should get our regions removed.

If you don't care about HC, leave. Don't take up a town position that you arn't bothered to fulfill. Some people actually want to make a town, and you sit there, inactive, taking up a space.[DOUBLEPOST=1356113581,1356113540][/DOUBLEPOST]I thought the town cap was introduced to promote township activity.

Hanpeter77

ICE ICE ICE!
Why should our towns regions be removed

If we ever wanted to come back sometime soon we would be screwed because we wouldn't be able to make our town again because someone else would have taken our township spot.

So how is that fair to us?

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8

If we ever wanted to come back sometime soon we would be screwed because we wouldn't be able to make our town again because someone else would have taken our township spot.

I believe the point here is that active people are wanting to make towns, and you are hogging a town slot. I would think alot of people think it a bit greedy that inactive players are stopping active players from creating a town that they would maintain.

You are inactive, as is your town. Now consider the people that are waiting for a town slot to open up, ready with everything they need, and ready to start a potentially amazing town, and they have to wait on inactive, uncaring people like you who hog a town slot for the simple reason 'We might need it later'. Well people need it now, and if you aren't active enough to maintain it, then you shouldn't have it. Simple.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

So it's fair to let you bugger off elsewhere, to come back with everything you had? That isn't fair on us, the people that actually help to ensure our town remains active.

If you don't want to keep/run a town, then don't make one, or give it to someone else. If you don't want your items taken, move them into an LWC, a personal region, or maybe a town that would actually remain active in your absense.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8

Think of it this way.

Bob has a job as President.
Bob wants to go play league of legends and become MLG aMaZinG L33T cool kid.
He stops caring about being president and plays league 24/7.
People hate him for it, and he gets fired.

It's like a dog not playing with a toy, then an adult coming to play with it, then the dog gets all excited and wants the toy because the owner is playing with it.

I hope I'm getting my point across.

Hanpeter77

ICE ICE ICE!
So it's fair to let you bugger off elsewhere, to come back with everything you had? That isn't fair on us, the people that actually help to ensure our town remains active.

If you don't want to keep/run a town, then don't make one, or give it to someone else. If you don't want your items taken, move them into an LWC, a personal region, or maybe a town that would actually remain active in your absense.
I would appreciate if you didn't tell me to "bugger off"