• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove Inactive Towns

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Interesting. You don't seem to care that I am defending my town, and my friends town though.

My points are still valid, I don't have a kingdom of like 200 players to move between towns to keep them "active"

Also, Gravkoc has multiple actives, just not as active as every other day due to us not playing "every other day"
Skyfall had it's mayor banned for a stupid reason, and is still paying taxes. What, it should loose regions because of a ban that is not even looked at?

The rest you don't see that much, but they are active. All I need to say is do more background research.
Genesis has 3 minorly actives, that do anything. Admittedly they have 3-4 day to day log in vote guys,
Durotar has it's mayor active, but other than that it seems to be scratching by on taxes. During the 120 player event, I saw one or two durotar, Skyfall had more than that.

Also, you bashed on my town. Don't expect me not to argue with you.
I could also point out, I don't loot my own town unless the player quit. Duh. So how do I care about loot in this situation?

EDITS:
On a side note: you're still mad because your arrows bounced off me, which makes you dislike and facepalm my posts negating your suggestion, and unless I am mistaken have probably tried to report it by now. If not you, than someone else did. (Dsawemd for posting about the bug with arrows, and DoT's.)

Oakenshire has been asking for regions for 8 days now, not two weeks.

There's one town vying for township, maybe more that aren't on forums, but yet you seem to want 8 towns removed, all of which pay the same if not more taxes than other towns, and out of only a few's pockets.

EDITS x2:

Just because a town doesn't have 5 active players, by your definition, what does that matter? We simply have no recruits because there are very few to go between, and most larger kingdoms recruit them out. Also towns have been region abused, and we are very strict on who we trust with perms now, so obviously no x-enemies. (which accounts for most of the server)

And finally, our towns aren't putting there name out there as much as yours, does not mean we are inactive. I personally never see threshold recruit, and they have over 10 actives and many alliances, and a decentish town. So they should be wiped from the list if anything.

stop making me...
EDIT x3:
You removed some towns, so if mentioned this was before I noticed the change. I'm going off the original quote here.
You also changed it to "every week" which is a bit more fair, but still not possible if you barely have the five members. There are only a few towns that don't fit this bill, and gravkoc is not one of them. However, alicubi is. I don't even see a channel they have, much less any members online. like ever. Also, anchor something, if that's LO it should be included on the list for inactivity, that would be a more fair compromise than being "oh, it's LO I won't mention it's blatant inactivity.."
(members log in roughly once every 5 days, atleast 5-6 old ones.. we do have a lot of members.)
OK this is the second time you have mentioned my town as being inactive. Just because you don't see us doesn't mean we aren't there. I suspended the above ground building project temporarily go have my people do other things. Only a few people are working in town most are out exploring routes for the road network we are planning. If your concerned that my people don't run out and attack you when you run through town trying go get them to that's because we are neutral. I have had as many as 8 people online at once this week. We just keep to ourselves. Please get your facts straight.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Maybe Alicubi doesnt bother getting a town channel as there is /townchat that doesnt need you to donate. Also, how do you know if there is a channel for them but just with other name? Umbra doesnt have a channel called "Umbra", yet they are somewhat active.

It was explained to me before towns do not have chat channels, all those towns that have channels are personal donor channels used for the town.

Also keep it civil and stop throwing attacks at each other. Discuss this properly or have the thread closed.[DOUBLEPOST=1356097206,1356097004][/DOUBLEPOST]

leftovers5 - Thank you for changing the town name

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Alicubi has 2 channels one for general chatter, one for management and planning we also have a team speak channel we just don't use it as most of our members prefer Skype.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Personally I think all towns should be here to stay. They all paid for it let them have it, it's like having a netflix account. You pay every so often.. Just because someone didn't use their account for awhile means they should take it away? If you ask me doing so would be unfair. Also like some other people said, just because you don't see them, don't assume they aren't active.

Thank you for creating this thread. It feels a bit unfair that towns like SkyFall and Anchorhead get to keep taking up a spot when they have 8 members and 6 members respectively, no forum page for either of them, and in the case of SkyFall a banned mayor. If taxes are the only thing that can send a town under, than it's relatively easy to gather a large amount of gold in a month, than go inactive for a long period of time and not be disbanded. I believe the rules for maintaining township status should be changed to let new towns have a chance.

MaskedHollow That would be fine with me, however Netflix doesn't provide a cap on the number of customers it serves.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Thank you for creating this thread. It feels a bit unfair that towns like SkyFall and Anchorhead get to keep taking up a spot when they have 8 members and 6 members respectively, no forum page for either of them, and in the case of SkyFall a banned mayor. If taxes are the only thing that can send a town under, than it's relatively easy to gather a large amount of gold in a month, than go inactive for a long period of time and not be disbanded. I believe the rules for maintaining township status should be changed to let new towns have a chance.

MaskedHollow That would be fine with me, however Netflix doesn't provide a cap on the number of customers it serves.
Yeah, that may be so however they still pay for it. It's like buying a bunch of gold in trade chat then someone steals it all from you. Instead of making new towns, don't you think they should be joining the ones that already exist?

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I would also like to see new towns have a chance. There is one problem though. If every town oriented person that comes on the server is trying to start their own town or be a part of building one, it becomes very difficult for established towns to keep membership up.[DOUBLEPOST=1356099018,1356098564][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW alexhoff1 How many inactive towns have built a road from spawn to 2400

I would also like to see new towns have a chance. There is one problem though. If every town oriented person that comes on the server is trying to start their own town or be a part of building one, it becomes very difficult for established towns to keep membership up.

That's why there is a town cap, so we have 30 towns with a good number of members rather then 100 towns with a few members. I'm not suggesting to remove the cap, just to change what makes a town inactive. Like I said, it's very easy to stockpile gold and then survive off of that without actually being very active after collecting the gold. It stunts the cycle of towns and doesn't give active players the chance to form the town, and keep in mind they still have to pay to become a town too.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
leftovers5 I like the 5 active players thing. I think a more realistic timeline would be 1 month though. Just like lwcs are remove after 30 days. If for no week during a month did a town have 5 or more players active it could be petitioned to be removed or claimed. I have never been that low on activity but I can see the potential for it.
BTW thanks for defending my town.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
The town cap needs to go or there should be some sort of player activity metric in addition to paying taxes in order for a town to stay alive.

Look around Herocraft these days. The number of newly/recently white listed players is starting to equal (and some nights even exceed) the number of "regulars" online these days. These new players should have a shot at creating or being a part of something fresh. Most of the established towns are already built up for the most part. What fun is that for a new player looking to take part in the HC experience?

Forcing people into established towns is understandable in theory, but in practice it isn't really fair to new people. Besides, the same 4-5 towns scoop up all the new blood anyway, which might not happen if new, active players could band together and create new towns themselves.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7

You ALL need to stop discussing banned players. The ban might not be a perma ban. Should we just destroy EVERY town where a mayor is banned even if it is for a few days? Where do you draw the line on the ban?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
If the town misses two tax periods, they are flagged as inactive.
They will be removed following the next restart.
If a mayor is perm banned then a manager can step in and claim the town.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Yeah, i've been really annoyed about this. There are tons of towns out there that have literally gone dead. The mayors never log in, but they still pay the automatic tax, so their regions are safe. What ever happened to the citizen audits that the staff used to do in Sanctum/Zeal?

With @Davros_'s tool: http://sb1.dev.codeanywhere.net/~a70097sb/hc/players/players.php, it is really easy to find out if someone is inactive. The automation of tax is great; but something has to be done for citizens, in EVERY town (i'm not going to be biased: Verstad/Paragon and Braavos all have citizens listed as active, who are really inactive).

So I went onto the ''Official Townships'' bit of the forum and went through each town, checking their citizen lists, so see who is active and who isn't. To determine if someone is ''active'', I used the tool that Davros came up with. Someone is considered active if they have logged in sometime during the last 7 days. Here are my findings:

*Inactive towns are listed in red, active towns are listed in green*

• Axiom: One person active (Moejunur).
  • Raubtier: Should have been removed, but the thread is still there, why? :eek:
  • Gravkoc: 4 people active. Two of which I believe have even moved town. None of the ''council'' are active. Many of their ''active citizens'' are also banned.
  • Citadel: Two people active, one of which is the mayor.
  • Malkier: The regions should be (or should have) been removed. The thread, too, needs to be booted.
  • Durotar: At least 5 people active, including the mayor. Many citizens are active.
  • Verstad: At least 5 people active, including the mayor, council, and some citizens.
  • Genesis: At least 5 people active, including the mayor.
  • Belegost: JUST five people active. (Many in their citizen list are inactive beyond 1 month).
  • SkyFall: At least 5 people active, although many of which I though had since moved towns. I'm unsure about this town, as I thought it went dead months ago.
  • Alicubi: At least 5 active citizens. Many listed, however, are over 2 months inactive.
  • Newerth: The citizen list looks like it has not been updated anytime recently. I'm not sure about this town, but it appears active (although 81 active citizens is definitely false).
  • Eclipse: At least 5 people active, including the mayor and most council members.
  • Camelot: They have no citizen list. However, they should have around 5 active members, at least.
  • Underworld: At least 5 citizens active, including the mayor/council.
  • Umbra: At least 5 citizens active, including the mayor/council.
  • Skyforge: At least 5 people active, including the mayor.
  • Braavos: At least 5 people active, including the mayor/council.
  • Rapture: At least 5 active citizens.
  • Mineris: At least 5 active citizens.
  • Paragon: At least 5 active citizens.
So, what now? Remove all the inactive towns from the server; get rid of their region. Also, get rid of their threads too, it is misleading.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
If the town misses two tax periods, they are flagged as inactive.
They will be removed following the next restart.
If a mayor is perm banned then a manager can step in and claim the town.

So you're saying that towns no longer need active citizens (instead, just tax) or... what?

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Since you are all proposing the town must have an active member, what constitutes as active? Being logged in for 1 hour every day? Being logged in for 1 hour every week? The log in list, I am told, only shows if someone has been logged in for longer than 20 minutes ((I think it is 20 minutes)).

So do they have to show up on that list for longer than 20 minutes every day or every week? Who do you propose goes through the list to check every single day/week?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Kainzo So if a hamlet gathers 8k and stores it in the bank, they can never play again for 20 weeks and still be marked active because they are paying their taxes?
It is at our discretion. If an entire town has been offline for a month+ we can remove it.

Town threads aren't required to manage towns - they are highly advised. The better place is to have a group created on the forums and manage it there. Since everything is now handled in-game, it isn't needed.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Since you are all proposing the town must have an active member, what constitutes as active? Being logged in for 1 hour every day? Being logged in for 1 hour every week? The log in list, I am told, only shows if someone has been logged in for longer than 20 minutes ((I think it is 20 minutes)).

So do they have to show up on that list for longer than 20 minutes every day or every week? Who do you propose goes through the list to check every single day/week?

They have to log in at least once a week, for a start. As for the amount of time they log in, it should vary. It's easy to see if someone ''cheats'' the system by logging in for one minute every week.

Town audits are very important. Without them, we'll continue to see places like Gravkoc and Citadel taking up space. Some people actually want to make active towns, but they can't because there is no room.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
I feel as though Retrium fits the description of the towns people want gone so I'm going to come in with the following.

I feel this is a horrible time to post such a thread as many people are away on holidays, or are spending time away from minecraft due to Christmas and the new year. People won't be as active, so I think this thread is horribly timed and you guys all need to consider that people are going to be inactive for the next few weeks/months.

I understand how people want older, inactive towns to get the boot, and I'm all for it. However, one must first define inactive. Many of you say that inactive means less than 5 members being active. Others say time played, and others a combination of the two. I can honestly say now, that I am the only member of Retrium fully active as of this current date. The rest of our town are away with families ect...

So, exceptions. There are towns that will have reasons to their inactivity. I find this thread is focusing on the general population of inactive towns, not focusing on individual stories. I think there should be a system in place where if a town hasn't had at least 5 members on in a week, then it sends a message to someone, or a group of people. This person/group will then analyze the situation of the town and talk to the current members. If the town is in shambles and there is no hope for a rebirth, the person/group will then dub the town inactive, and will go to kainzo or to an specified admin.
That system would work with the current system of unpaid taxes. That's really the best way I see of weeding out the dead towns and paving the way for some new ones.