• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ranger Nerf

Spicycheez

Portal
Don't worry guys, Rangers will be balanced more in the next patch. Rangers are getting the skill "Wolf", therefore removing the Class "Beastmaster" (BMs will now be Rangers) But, Rangers will also lose root. The arrow damage of Rangers is also gonna be tuned down to 20
are you serious? YAY!

greyp

Legacy Supporter 5
It was 20? And Wolfgang784 is going to be pist this is the 3rd class he's been that's completely changed XD

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It's not set in stone yet - but i'm toying around with the classes to see what may be best. With the introduction of pickpocket - we can finally reintroduce Thief and tone Ninjas to be mobile assassins. In addition - Rangers and Beastmasters will merge to be a new hybrid class with the use of Wolf and Bows

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Yep, Im pretty glad there balancing Rogue Classes. Before, it was always Caster Specs that get the good stuff.

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
wait... so rangers do 20 arrow damage and have a dog... doesnt that give them MORE dps than they had before?

Jdudex

TNT
Yes! Pickpocket, my idea was actually a good one?! And also, I believe at the moment, root should cost a reagent of some sort. Maybe seeds or vines? And I agree that our axes are overpowered compared to other weapons, and root does need to be balanced, however, not removed. For myself, I play with a lower end computer, and average at 3 frames per second in combat. Root is the only relief from pure death in combat for me.

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
Yes! Pickpocket, my idea was actually a good one?! And also, I believe at the moment, root should cost a reagent of some sort. Maybe seeds or vines? And I agree that our axes are overpowered compared to other weapons, and root does need to be balanced, however, not removed. For myself, I play with a lower end computer, and average at 3 frames per second in combat. Root is the only relief from pure death in combat for me.
While having a bad computer sucks, having an ability to freeze people in place from a range of 15+ squares on top of an ice arrow is just dumb. If root required you to melee someone with an axe and only lasts for a few seconds, maybe. Root as a ranged ability when you already have a ranged slow attack is simply redundant and makes ice arrow less valuable. I think ranger mechanics should require them to choose between arrow types - either slow or do more dps. Instead they get both a slow and a fire arrow.