• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ranger Nerf

TwidgerMC

Glowing Redstone
Right now rangers are the most OP, leading to a lot of arguments in the Offtopic chat. At the moment, they can out tank AND deal the most damage out of all the rogue specs and other specs.

Here is what I suggest:

- [Armor/HP beatdown] The whole point of rangers is for them to be the masters of bows and arrows, so why can they tank at the same time? They shouldn't be able to fight in both long range and close range combat. If anything they should use leather armor with a chain helmet.

- [Remove Root] Rangers already have ice arrows, giving them something to slow targets with. Most classes don't even have a single slow ability, so why do rangers need to have two of them?

The whole philosophy behind rangers is to be dependent on bows and arrows. They virtually have no weakness, they can tank and use a bow stronger then fireball. Please make them what they're supposed to be: A reliance on skills with bow and sniping.

greyp

Legacy Supporter 5
Although we do have rangers living in G-Reyp corp *cough*. They need a small nerf a one on one fight with anyone a ranger will win, no questions asked. Root followed by a cheap hit with fire arrow almost takes out 40% of my health. Then they normally just rinse and repeat. Maybe up the mana cost of fire arrow so they can't use such an unfair combo. They are "Rangers" maybe they should be required to..I dont know use their bow a bit more :p

Oryinn

Obsidian
G-Reyp, you are unspecced ( Im pretty sure). Any specced class can do 40% of an unspecced's health and it is a DoT.
The rangers do need a nerf, but not removing abilities. (Weaker ones maybe?)

greyp

Legacy Supporter 5
Rangers need a large nerf, I think anyone whose battled with one can agree. And any rangers I think can disagree.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
I'm a dragoon and i think they are just right. I have no trouble fighting a ranger as a dragoon. Half of the people who are rangers can't even aim. They are hardly OP.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Root's cooldown should be extended a bit and their diamond axe damage should drop to 6 imo

zachimon

Legacy Supporter 7
So one shot is OP? Any class that can't take too many hits from a ranger have root as well...

Edit: and btw, why not strafe AFTER the root?

TwidgerMC

Glowing Redstone
So one shot is OP? Any class that can't take too many hits from a ranger have root as well...

Edit: and btw, why not strafe AFTER the root?

Ice arrows = anti strafe

And firearrow, like greyp said, takes away 4 hearts. Have fun starting a fight with %60 hp.

Would it possible to implement head shots into the pluggin? Maybe have a fully charged bow damage be like 18ish and with a head shot do 25? Also having the cool down and mana usage of root upped would most likely help since 8 seconds max for when the person is rooted is part of the cool down, so its really more like a 6 second cool down.(not sure of the official cool down time)

ShizzDawgg

Godly
What I think should happen:
Root - Completely gone, ice arrow is enough and root doesn't suit a ranger class, personal opinion.
Nerf the hp by 10, they deal more damage than ninjas and can also wear better armor..? That doesn't seem right.
Diamond axe needs a nerf to maybe 6-7? They are rangers, not Melee combatants. (Even though rogues do hit 8 I believe with an iron sword, so this might not be probable.

greyp

Legacy Supporter 5
If the ranger dosent get root taken away, I've been a warrior since I started playing but I'll be switching to a ranger. Its pointless to be a warrior when you only have 10hp more then a rogue, I'm one hit stronger then a ranger. lol

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Please be constructive in your posts - I do read them - do not bicker or argue with one another. Heroes is an ever changing environment and balance is hardly ever right the first time around ;)