• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Ranger Nerf

Especially their 8hp dmg diamond axes. They are supposed to be ranged right? Theres no reason for them to do more damage then melee based classes like Samurai and Dragoon.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
As a samurai I am evenly matched with rangers in a cage match. I use bladegrasp to counteract one of the inevitable root+fire arrows. However, it is very one sided in the open if the ranger sprints away because they just wait for root to cooldown and use it again meanwhile I can't hit them trying to catch up.

Basically melee vs ranger becomes: ranger rooting->firearrow->run->rooting->etc.
This makes every melee class useless against them EXCEPT for dragoon. Dragoon can use jump to quickly get to the target and actually hit them a few times. Everyone else is screwed.

Root needs to go, or at least be heavily nerfed.

My general tactic is to /hero who and not pick a fight with a ranger hahaha.

Hanpeter77

ICE ICE ICE!
There root needs to definitly go because if I cant touch a ranger during a whole fight I find that a bit op. If they still get to keep root I think it should cost at least double from what it is right now.

greyp

Legacy Supporter 5
As a dragoon I can get closer but I've had my MC crash from spazing mid-air getting rooted trying to jump :p. Please get rid of root or make it take up alot of man.

wolfboy494

Legacy Supporter 5
Holy if you werent Sammy you wouldnt say that, Sammies get destroyed by Rangers, this argument would make alot more sense if ud be a dragoon per say.

Maybe theres an argument that their root is too powerful though, need insight from masters of other class's on this subject. I'm sammy so i made my peace with rangers killing me. lol

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Rangers decimate every melee spec except dragoons and maybe beastmasters. I can see a wiz vs ranger fight going either way, but due to much higher health the ranger has the advantage. Only rangers, dragoons and beastmasters (in no lag) really have much of a chance.

Spicycheez

Portal
The only way I have ever killed a ranger is when they are cornered. Every other time they root me, kill my wolf is two shots then continue to rape me.

Jinder745

Obsidian
It should last for 5 sec and take way more Mana and have a larger cooldown otherwise it should go.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Don't worry guys, Rangers will be balanced more in the next patch. Rangers are getting the skill "Wolf", therefore removing the Class "Beastmaster" (BMs will now be Rangers) But, Rangers will also lose root. The arrow damage of Rangers is also gonna be tuned down to 20