• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

PVP Tournament 2/23/2014

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
I give full credit to mith, they have taken the time to make an arena and actually help out Herocrafts PVP. So why dont you Shh, and Appreciate the fact they are atleast giving it a go.

Yeah..... no, original mith made the arena not this new version.

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah..... no, original mith made the arena not this new version.
tbh, I give no shits about the new mith, I left them and they decided to turn on me like some demons :/ tdfootball6 is a complete dick and even a town member agrees.

EDIT: I also am very sorry that mith is now owned by Indar...

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I give full credit to mith, they have taken the time to make an arena and actually help out Herocrafts PVP. So why dont you Shh, and Appreciate the fact they are atleast giving it a go.

Still, id love to watch, it would be interesting, the only thing is, someone could run in and fuck the whole thing over, unless there is a staff to help set it up.
No unofficial tournaments have ever made it past the conceptual stage. Some random newby town won't have the experience or the influence enough to put this together.

No unofficial tournaments have ever made it past the conceptual stage. Some random newby town won't have the experience or the influence enough to put this together.

I have no idea why everyone is so negative against a town trying to put an event together that makes herocraft pvp suck less. Why don't you all stop beating this idea down that may actually bloom into a successful and entertaining event, and go out there and support? I know for sure that I have 6 people coming to the event, so lets make it happen. I give them props for attempting to put on an event as our event team is almost non-existent.

RagingDragon5

Portal
After thinking about this there is two things that keep crossing my mind.
1. Is the organization of this going to be good enough to actually work?
2. Is the new Mith even trustworthy? They want a Fee entry, which is reasonable, but they aren't tied down by any rules. So everyone pays the entry fee, the tournament is held but they keep the money and don't give out the prizes.

Oudaiesty

Legacy Supporter 6
A player operated Arena? I like this, I feel like Mith should just be a neutral territory where warriors from all over gather to battle.

Benji0904

Legacy Supporter 3
2. Is the new Mith even trustworthy? They want a Fee entry, which is reasonable, but they aren't tied down by any rules. So everyone pays the entry fee, the tournament is held but they keep the money and don't give out the prizes.
Reasonable concern, Despite what happened with mith a couple of days ago I assure you Tesla is a very reputable guy.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Reasonable concern, Despite what happened with mith a couple of days ago I assure you Tesla is a very reputable guy.
So the only thing to go by is your's and your town's word? Don't take this the wrong way, but Mith is one of the last towns people should trust. I'm not saying you guys have ill intentions, it's just a little hard to believe.

Benji0904

Legacy Supporter 3
So the only thing to go by is your's and your town's word? Don't take this the wrong way, but Mith is one of the last towns people should trust. I'm not saying you guys have ill intentions, it's just a little hard to believe.
I'm going to to try and ask a staff member to over view the event. @Kainzo @Angyles @gabizou feel free to chime in with a yes or no

downfall325

Legacy Supporter 6

Ironic how much trash talk of mith goes on. The old one or new one? because the old one was large and well accepted server wide and the new ones to new to judge.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Ironic how much trash talk of mith goes on. The old one or new one? because the old one was large and well accepted server wide and the new ones to new to judge.
Didn't they take over the town by bending the rules and mechanics heavily? Nothing really respectable about that

The entry fee is 25s, so worst case scenario...you lose 25s. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith that this thing will work and the winners will be awarded their prize money. I think this is a pretty elaborate plan to scam some people out of 25s, and if you don't have 25s to lose don't enter b/c there is no chance of you winning anything back. But it if a staff member showed up, it would really give everyone a little peace of mind.

downfall325

Legacy Supporter 6
Didn't they take over the town by bending the rules and mechanics heavily? Nothing really respectable about that

I'm not sure what rules / mechanics they would have bent. This isn't really a thread to discuss what or how things went down with our old town we can start a new thread for that if people are REALLY interested... just know I have no hard feelings for the new owners the only people I hold liable are iseradore and benji.

It's a nice arena built it myself way back when. Hope you enjoy it :)

Teslanut

TNT
Thank you to all of those who are supporting this. I assure you there is NO intent to scam people out of the few souls you would pay to enter. If I get 8 people to participate, and 200 souls are paid, and I decide for some reason not to award the souls to winners, I've essentially traded my reputation and the reputation of new Mith for a mere 200 souls. Not hardly worth it.

that said, If anyone wants extra assurances protected by the laws of the server, submit your entries in trade chat and I will confirm them. That way if I decide to abscond withy our 25 souls you have legitimate recourse to recoup the losses.

In regards to Adam, I'm sorry you feel the way you do. I assure you there are no hard feelings between us, and if you continue to have bad feelings I apologize. You know better than anyone else that I am fair, and giving, and in the town was a proponent of an essential communist lifestyle.

In regards to the Arena itself, This arena was in fact built by old Mith, particularly Downfall who did an amazing job on it. All credit for this arena goes to them.

This event is still slated to happen Sunday at 4 p.m. EST and I still encourage people to visit the arena ahead of time. When I'm on I'm plugging the event in o chat, not hardly something I would do if I planned to give up on it. The idea came from an impromptu event we held last weekend which was a lot of fun.

I really enjoy Herocraft and i want to see more happen and more available for everyone. Why? Beucase it's fun for me to organize this, to watch it happen and to hear the cheers/taunts from the fans. I'm by no means altruistic in being the TO for this, I get something out of it too. I get live entertainment and who wouldn't want some of that.

If you have any questions or concerns please continue to bring them up. In terms of the new town, its members and the deal which happened to move the town into Indar's hands, if you could please start a new thread for that discussion that would be most appropriate. Thank you for your understanding, and if you have any concerns in regard to that which you would like immediate response to please feel free to message me directly or /tell me in game.

Benji0904

Legacy Supporter 3
I have Asked @Danda to view the event he said yes but theres no 100% guarantee he will make it.

Evidence:
2L3ToxM.png

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I have Asked @Danda to view the event he said yes but theres no 100% guarantee he will make it.

Evidence:
2L3ToxM.png
Confirmed, like the screenshot says I'll be there if I can but no promises :p

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Ok, so are you allowing enchantments? Are you allowing potions?