• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

PVP Tournament 2/23/2014

Teslanut

TNT
I'm looking to see if there is interest in a PVP tournament sponsored by the new managers of Mith. The tourney will be hosted at the PVP arena at our town and can be viewed before the event. Coords to follow if there is interest.

Tentative time for this tournament would be Sunday, Feb 23 at 4 P.M. Est.

If you are interested in a PVP tourney, what format would you like? Options include:

1 v 1 or teams (if teams, what size, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4.)

Single elimination vs. best two out of 3
--- Fights are quick, so it would only take 5 min tops to complete around. And the graveyard is nearby ;)

Pay to fight/ big prizes vs. not playing to win and casual bragging rights.
-- For pay to fight/ big prizes I am considering a 25 soul entry with a Prize Pool of approx. 50/30/20 percent (for example, in a 10 man tourney, 150 Soul prize for 1st, 100 for 2nd and 50 for 3rd, rounded to nearest numbers. I'm not making fractional awards in this)

Pots or not pots?

Level restritions/tiers? That is to say, have 3 separate tourneys for 1-20, 21-44 and 45+ IF so what should the tiers be?
--- This also gets into an issue with prize allocation, but if this is the case any souls you enter will be award to your tier. So if there are 4 level 1-20's, prizes would be awarded out 50/30/20

Any other questions/comments please ask.

I would also like to include a Trophy, or even a medal of some kind, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I was thinking a Diamond named sword, a Gold named sword and an Iron named sword to recognize the winners. I will provide the weapons.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
This sounds awesome, i would like to see 1v1 and 3v3 fights, i like the idea of best out of 3 and i think all members that want to fight should be maxed in there class. Outlaw golden apples allow simple foods like bread and a restriction of one health potion in each fight.

Also you need to think about security, perhaps an admin could make the area of the arena no-pvp with the exception of the actual arena floor the combatants will be fighting in because i would love to come watch but not if some horde of trolls come crash the whole party.

Teslanut

TNT
That is a very good point, if we could get Angy/Kain involved that would be great. There are viewing stands but I could see trolls killing for no good reason. In regards to this, i also should hope people have some common decency not to ruin it for others, and if enough of us get together to kick out trolls (like 10v 1'ing a troll) then we may be able to police ourselves.

The other issue is people throwing skills into a fight to help their mates, but again it comes down to people not being douche bags. I can put fences/glass up around the viewing area to help prevent that.

If we only allow participants as onlookers, we can eliminate them from the competition if they do kill outside of the games.

I am thinking a high ranking tourney to start, I think a lvl 55 can compete with a lvl 65 in some classes, so we could restrict it to 55+, or even stretch it at 50+ (I mean if they want to enter, who's to stop them. It would be up to me as TO to match them up accordingly).

I also agree with the pot/food restrictions.

So We could have 2 events, a 1 v 1 and a 3 v 3 team event if that's what people want.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Sounds all good to me, i hop a bunch of people get in on this, maybe a couple people streaming and commentating would be awesome.

Benji0904

Legacy Supporter 3
I would also like to include a Trophy, or even a medal of some kind, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I was thinking a Diamond named sword, a Gold named sword and an Iron named sword to recognize the winners. I will provide the weapons.
@Kainzo Could you make a special Badge?

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
I was thinking a Diamond named sword, a Gold named sword and an Iron named sword to recognize the winners. I will provide the weapons.

Totally didn't think you meant a literal diamond renamed to sword, a gold ingot renamed sword, and an iron ingot renamed sword...

What about those of us who don't use swords, but instead use axes, shovels, hoes, etc...

Teslanut

TNT
My idea for the trophies is essentially something you would mount on an item frame in your place. I understand not every class uses swords, as a Shaman i use an Axe. However I think a sword would be the most appropriate item.

To the person who said Meh because it's not a staff event: When was the last time you saw a staff event? September?

It looks like there will be interest, so I'm making it happen with the following guideline:

The first tourney will start as a 1 v1 only with a 25 soul Entry fee. You can enter at any level, but it's recommended you be at least level 50. After all, it's not my call if you want to throw your souls away at level 20, since there is no way you will place. That said I will pair people up by level, and from there I will randomly pair people.

The tourney will be on Sunday the 23rd at 4 P.M. Est. at the Mith arena located around -913, -1819. You will see a wooden building there with a sign and inside is a lift down, as well as stairs down. Feel free to go into the arena and check it out ahead of time, even practice if you like.

Entry is 25 souls

1st Place: 50 percent of total entries, a diamond sword trophy and bragging rights

2nd Place: 30 percent of total entries, A gold sword trophy and bragging rights.

3rd place: 20 percent of total entries, an iron sword trophy and bragging rights.

Ground Rules: No golden apples, all pots are legal In this tourney, All gear applies.

** Any interference in the combat will result in immediate disqualification. Any onlookers starting fights with other onlookers/trolling via pvp tags/ using skills will be met with extreme prejudice. For now, we will police our own, and so we have a fun and fair event we will make sure there are no shenanigans. ***

The tournament will be a best 2 out of 3 in terms of matches. Winners will advance to the next bracket. In that sense it is single elimination. All commands will come from the control room and no fighters can advance until the gates are lifted, however skills (buffs) and pots are permissible before the fight.

Do not go into this fight with anything valuable. While it's bad form to take your opponents gear, it will not be enforced. It is recommended you come with extra pots for your match. There will lbe a chest available to store pvp gear temporarily when it's time for you to fight.

From here until Sunday there may be minor changes made, but these are the guidelines. I can't wait to see you in the arena.

Teslanut

TNT
After consideration I see no reason we can't make the trophies a class specific piece of gear and just name them on the spot. So if, say, a Goon were to win, the first place would be a dia. shovel.

Talking it over with some of my mates last night I realized we could also implement a betting system, all unofficial of course. I would encourage onlookers to place bets in trade chat and confirm those transactions before bouts. As the TO I will not be participating in betting since I will be creation the standings, but you could not only bet on who will win vs. who will lose, you could also make someone sweep a bout and/or bet it'll be 2-1.

If someone with a large bankroll and a lot of experience with betting were to work as a bookie for this event, that would probably be the best. Eventually that is something I would consider handling.

Teslanut

TNT
Don't mean to flood this thread BUT...

After the main event there will be a side event, a team fight. This will be a 3 v 3 with the same criteria above. If there's still interest after that, we will go into a pairs match 2 v 2. If there's still people around after that, let's have fun with a Grand Melee, last man standing.

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
Meh, doubt this tournament will happen, something derp will probobaly happen.
I give full credit to mith, they have taken the time to make an arena and actually help out Herocrafts PVP. So why dont you Shh, and Appreciate the fact they are atleast giving it a go.
Not a staff ran event... meh.
Still, id love to watch, it would be interesting, the only thing is, someone could run in and fuck the whole thing over, unless there is a staff to help set it up.

RagingDragon5

Portal
Interesting Idea. I would like to see how this plays out. @BaBomba (since happy forgot to tag you)

Edit: I will most likely be one of the onlookers.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
I would love to participate. I also recommend all the onlookers to join a party so if someone comes down there in hopes of ruining an event that builds herocraft pvp, we may simply rape them. @northeaster345 @Oudaiesty @Carbash @RagingDragon5 @TrueCorruptor @prohhmetheus @Eldrylars @spawncrazymonkey @Shamanki @amov1ngtarget @MichaelRL @Leo2596 @goldenboy2014 @Velenne @LightningCape @Jonsoon @bfittipaldi @mcevoak0252
*cough* You forgot your sub C.

Edit: @TrueCorruptor You F-Palm things too much. :(

Last edited:

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
I give full credit to mith, they have taken the time to make an arena and actually help out Herocrafts PVP. So why dont you Shh, and Appreciate the fact they are atleast giving it a go.

Still, id love to watch, it would be interesting, the only thing is, someone could run in and fuck the whole thing over, unless there is a staff to help set it up.
Then lets appreciate the fact that every other town has tried and they all didn't do it.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!