• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PVP Off Cooldown

PVP cooldown timer length:

• 1 minute

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 2 minutes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • 3 minutes

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 4 minutes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 minutes

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Infinite, I'm a litte bitch.

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
In an effort to remove this stagnation caused by raiders sitting in the Graveyards, I propose a PVP cooldown. Upon death, you will receive a PVP-OFF state while in a No-PVP area (not spawn). This timer would last say 2-3 minutes, and afterwards you would be targetable in the graveyard.

For those wanting to avoid a fight, well there is Redstone at almost all of the graveyards.

This cooldown would NOT reactivate until the player died once again. This creates an added risk to PVPing and will force raiders to fight instead hiding in the graveyard and waiting for their opponent to get bored and proceede to walk away.

This also stops raiders from running into the Graveyard when they are suddenly outnumbered by the defending region.

ADDITIONS:

Its been suggested to me that this should maybe only apply to spec'd players.

Maybe make graveyards one way out no way in but death.

EDITED 6/7/13 6:51 am PST

Sirdemonic3

Legacy Supporter 3
In an effort to remove this fucking stagnation caused by raiders sitting in the Graveyards, I propose a PVP cooldown. Upon death, you will receive a PVP-OFF state while in a No-PVP area (not spawn). This timer would last say 2-3 minutes, and afterwards you would be targetable in the graveyard.

For those wanting to avoid a fight, well there is Redstone at almost all of the graveyards.

This cooldown would NOT reactivate until the player died once again. This creates an added risk to PVPing and will force raiders to fight instead of touching their god damn dicks and killing anyone who got bored waiting for them to "stop being a bitch" and had proceeded to walk away.

This also stops raiders from running into the Graveyard when they are suddenly outnumbered by the defending region.

no thanks, then u can just walk up and take your death chest and walk away

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
no thanks, then u can just walk up and take your death chest and walk away

you miss understand, its is ONLY in the graveyard area. The idea is to prevent players from taking advantage of the PVP-off area.

"PVP-OFF state while in a No-PVP area (not spawn)"

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Not a bad idea, but I don't support it(I'm the bitch). I see this causing a lot of graveyard camping for those without redefine or the money to buy some.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I was thinking that something like this should only apply to people who are above level 20 (aka spec'd) in their combat classes. As people who can't defend themselves would get camped harder due to the timer running out while waiting in the GY.

However, there's no reason you should idle in a GY anyway, and if you aren't a high enough level to use recall you should either run like you will eventually have or log out.

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
Not a bad idea, but I don't support it(I'm the bitch). I see this causing a lot of graveyard camping for those without redefine or the money to buy some.

Camping has been an element in every MMO since the dawn of time. Most games only give you a few seconds after you walked to your corpse where the enemy was waiting for you to respawn. This would still allow you time to recall, get a gtp, or coordinate some response.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't believe forcing a player to log out because they can't defend themselves from a higher level or multiple enemies is the way to go. And give me an example of a game that does something similair to this.

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
I was thinking that something like this should only apply to people who are above level 20 (aka spec'd) in their combat classes. As people who can't defend themselves would get camped harder due to the timer running out while waiting in the GY.

However, there's no reason you should idle in a GY anyway, and if you aren't a high enough level to use recall you should either run like you will eventually have or log out.

If your being camped, you are screwed even now, you can't play, leave, or do anything. This timer would not change that. However, it would grant you the ability to get help from town members and friends, who could arrive to assualt your camper. It would put more weight on tactical thinking and town coordination.

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't believe forcing a player to log out because they can't defend themselves from a higher level or multiple enemies is the way to go. .

"If your being camped, you are screwed even now, you can't play, leave, or do anything. This timer would not change that. However, it would grant you the ability to get help from town members and friends, who could arrive to assualt your camper. It would put more weight on tactical thinking and town coordination."

And give me an example of a game that does something similair to this

Most games give you 10 seconds of being "un-pvp-able" when world PVP is the theme. World of warcraft is a godo example of this.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
And what about that town less or friend less player being camped with no money and forcing him to log out.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Hardcore doesn't mean having to die every 2-3 mins to multiple or higher level players.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Hardcore doesn't mean having to die every 2-3 mins to multiple or higher level players.

Well that's the thing, it's not a perfect solution but I think it would do more good than harm. That's why I was suggesting a level limit like the under level 10 thing but only for GYs. If a new players sticks around long enough to spec their combat class, they probably know what they are doing.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Only if they chose to leave the safe zone, it's no where near the same. While I don't agree with this I think the problem still needs to be addressed. Maybe make graveyards one way out no way in but death.