• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PVP Off Cooldown

PVP cooldown timer length:

• 1 minute

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 2 minutes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • 3 minutes

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 4 minutes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 minutes

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Infinite, I'm a litte bitch.

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Thanks, my only problem with the first idea was extreme camping

Your idea reminds me of the popular mob arenas last map. The border humping (very similar to the GY shenanigans of today) that went on there was so bad the admins built walls around those MAs with one way in and one way out on opposite sides lol

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Another aspect of this would be making it more dangerous to run out to lwcs or red stone shops(because dhx prices make me bleed)

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
With timers, be careful. If it's not long enough to restore 100 mana for a recall, hell's gonna break loose.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Is there a way to get the current GY in use put on the creative server?
I would love to do this seeing as I enjoy PvPing and building :)
The Creative server is not PVP enabled / has survival gameplay. Do you mean you want to edit GY's and then add them from the creative? there's over 20 GY's - we wont be able to easily do that.

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
The Creative server is not PVP enabled / has survival gameplay. Do you mean you want to edit GY's and then add them from the creative? there's over 20 GY's - we wont be able to easily do that.
I could do a ruff build of each GY (mainly a outline) and edit them to make it a one-way system?

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
I could do a ruff build of each GY (mainly a outline) and edit them to make it a one-way system?
Kainzo - Would you be able to tell me how large the GY's region are?
I completely forgot that it doesn't end were the building does... Unless that was made possible which would make it simple by adding either a ledge or some kind of piston contraption :).

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Also
Only if they chose to leave the safe zone, it's no where near the same. While I don't agree with this I think the problem still needs to be addressed. Maybe make graveyards one way out no way in but death.
They can run up to the shops and recall all in a PvP-free zone. If the shops don't sell them the DHX does.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Kainzo - Would you be able to tell me how large the GY's region are?
I completely forgot that it doesn't end were the building does... Unless that was made possible which would make it simple by adding either a ledge or some kind of piston contraption :).

The regions are (in my opinion) quite huge. Another solution to the problems that caused Sidgil to post this thread in the first place could also be resolved with shrinking the no-pvp region to just the size of the graveyard building. It's too big for combat tags to be used against fleeing pvpers with mobility. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be smaller, since the GYs are not made to be a hiding spot to flee from pvp.

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
The regions are (in my opinion) quite huge. Another solution to the problems that caused Sidgil to post this thread in the first place could also be resolved with shrinking the no-pvp region to just the size of the graveyard building. It's too big for combat tags to be used against fleeing pvpers with mobility. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be smaller, since the GYs are not made to be a hiding spot to flee from pvp.

Just a thought I had to expand on this, have it as a full PvP zone with the only thing stopping someone camping a player over and over is a period of time within the area of being in effectivily godmode (or have it so it gives players who spawned in it no pvp untill they leave).

Most will not like it but it will solve the issue of people running in the GY to hide all together and the only safe people in there are those who died.

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
Just a thought I had to expand on this, have it as a full PvP zone with the only thing stopping someone camping a player over and over is a period of time within the area of being in effectivily godmode (or have it so it gives players who spawned in it no pvp untill they leave).

Most will not like it but it will solve the issue of people running in the GY to hide all together and the only safe people in there are those who died.

Which puts more influence on joining towns and working as a community, a primary element of this games RPG experience. I feel like alot of new players don't get that and quickly grow bored of the server as they decide to go townless.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5

The easiest way to impliment this would be to re-design the graveyards to be exit-only from where you pop in when you die. Perhaps every GY can have an underground "crypt" section where you can buy the redstone and Lift Up to an arrive-only [Lift] to the existing GY's we have now? We can make the no-pvp region just inside the "crypt" section I mentioned.

That would fix so much.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
The easiest way to impliment this would be to re-design the graveyards to be exit-only from where you pop in when you die. Perhaps every GY can have an underground "crypt" section where you can buy the redstone and Lift Up to an arrive-only [Lift] to the existing GY's we have now? We can make the no-pvp region just inside the "crypt" section I mentioned.

That would fix so much.

No, that won't really, work, those campers could just wait until u go up, then bam, sneak attack u with their might, there should be a small amount of upper ground to be pvp off too.
Or u may just make some red stone contraption to make it exit only.

Sidgil

Legacy Supporter 3
No, that won't really, work, those campers could just wait until u go up, then bam, sneak attack u with their might, there should be a small amount of upper ground to be pvp off too.
Or u may just make some red stone contraption to make it exit only.
Red stone contraption, like Piston doors, is very easy to take advantage of, like sit outside piston doors and jump inside when they open.