• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PvP logging needs a change.

A

alexhoff1

Just to be sure,
@thedisagreepeople
You want the system to stay the same? Are you combat logging yourself?
All flip is asking for is a slight increase on combat timer, and or a system which would make cb logging impossible.
There's a no pvp region at 750's 750's + and -, and also with 2250's 2250's.
Not including spawn being 650x650 safezone... Not including towns....

What I'm trying to get at is that combat timer increases will just prevent an unfair advantage to escape.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Favith
Epic Posting Well done!
Flippintuna1
You opened this thread with "I personally feel that this is unfair."
You again seem to miss that HC and the world at large does not give a damn about your personal feelings.
HC is a hardcore server. For some people the fun part of that is fighting to the death in pvp. For others the enjoyment is avoiding pvp. What Kainzo and the staff have done here is to make both equally possible. You win some, you lose some whining about it never helps anyone. There are two sides to every story, try looking at it things from the other side from time to time. Once you do you will find the rules to make a lot more sense to you.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
What I'm trying to get at is that combat timer increases will just prevent an unfair advantage to escape.

So, non-PvPers should be at a greater disadvantage then they already are at? Right, that makes sense. Give PvPers a greater chance to kill those who they already can kill. Seems fair.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
It is very similar Kainzo, just because they are out of combat for a split second does not mean that they aren't combat logging. The are logging to avoid combat, meaning combat logging. This is a pretty big issue with the players on this server and I think needs to be looked at.

So we should prevent people from avoiding combat now? They HAVE to PvP? What the hell? How is this fair to those who don't want to PvP?

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Just leave you one of the people who combat logs, LEAVE NOW
This bullshit is why I would like combat logging to be impossible. When its impossible, you cant have shitlords harrassing you about doing something you havent done anymore.

ICE ICE ICE!
This bullshit is why I would like combat logging to be impossible. When its impossible, you cant have shitlords harrassing you about doing something you havent done anymore.
Or just dont fucking combat log and no one is gonna fucking harrass you -.-

Northac

Obsidian
As has been said before, this is not a PVP server, its a hardcore RPG server with pvp elements. Kainzo and crew try very hard to make it fair for both PVPers and non-PVPers with things such as the 10 sec combat timer then you can log, eat and such (mostly non-PVPers) and with not being able to just run into a no pvp region to escape combat, you still have to wait out the timer (benifits the PVPers).

Try to look at it form the veiw point of the guy being chased, not the guy doing the chasing.
You are a unspeced level 12 (whatever class) out and about. Suddenly you see a name you reconize from chat as a guy who mastered his combat spec. You know from the wiki that he has almost twice your health and that he has a lot more attack skills then your single one. He also has more armor than you seeing as he's been playing longer and has gathered his stuff over along time of playing and hunter down new guys (like you).

Why wouldn't you run? It's a self-preservation thing, and one of the best ways to run would be to log before he gets you into combat, or as soon as you can get away to get out of combat.
Is the guy running scared? Yea, else he wouldn't be running, but saying that he has to stay in combat, most likly die and lose all he is carrying to guys who hunt down people would make new people not want to leave regioned areas, and if you can't go out and mine/build/play because you know if you are attacked you will lose everything than you might as well not play on the server.
And that would lose us players and votes = bad.

I understand your arguement, and your suggestions are well thought out for the issue, but you need to see it from all sides and think like Kainzo and the guys who run the server. "How can we make it fair for ALL players?"

MajorasMask

Ungodly
which is ok but logging RIGHT IN FRONT of them is not

So what? It happens. There are plenty of people left for you to kill/target, so why not head for them instead? I don't see why you are complaining when you, and those much like the TC, already get plenty of PvP. It's like asking for chocolate when you already have some.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
So what? It happens. There are plenty of people left for you to kill/target, so why not head for them instead? I don't see why you are complaining when you, and those much like the TC, already get plenty of PvP. It's like asking for chocolate when you already have some.
Can I have some chocolate Mr. Majoras? *eats chocolate bar* PLEASE, i really want chocolate!

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
Which brings us back to Favith's post; if a player runs far enough away from a PvPer, then they should have the right to log off.
They should only log out when getting chased if they make it to a safe zone, such as a graveyard, town or spawn. This is a hardcore server, not some pussy server where people should logout to avoid combat when they are in a PvP enabled area.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Stop pulling TC into this. What if someone just raided my valuables and I am chasing him. He then runs just a bit ahead and logs. Its all ok

zachimon

Legacy Supporter 7
You're QQing.

If you want a kill bad enough work for it a little harder. I honestly have 0 problems with combat loggers. And the second idea has been done before in games like Runescape, it doesn't work well at all, what if you got called to go do something urgent or your house sets on fire? Lets just wait ten seconds because this greedy murderer is crying. I may be using extremes, however, you know I'm right.
I started reading through the thread and laughed, I think you have bigger problems than minecraft if your house is on fire

Northac

Obsidian
So you want people to combat log?

"sigh" From your responses (there are more like this) you are just acting like anyone with a different opinion either wants or is "combat logging".
Responses like this are what make others accuse you of just complaining and what lead into arguments and worse. It will not help your cause at all and will cause the staff to no longer take this thread seriously.

This applies to those who disagree with what Flippintuna1 has to say as well. Lets keep this civil with constructive ideas, that way a compromise can be made for fairness that benifits ALL players of Herocraft.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
"sigh" From your responses (there are more like this) you are just acting like anyone with a different opinion either wants or is "combat logging".
Responses like this are what make others accuse you of just complaining and what lead into arguments and worse. It will not help your cause at all and will cause the staff to no longer take this thread seriously.

This applies to those who disagree with what Flippintuna1 has to say as well. Lets keep this civil with constructive ideas, that way a compromise can be made for fairness that benifits ALL players of Herocraft.
There is no need for compromise. The current system is fair. You can't please everyone though so somebody is bound to complain about every issue sooner or later. Kainzo has already indicated that after repeated testing he can find no issue. This discussion is therefore moot.

There is however one issue left in this thread that I would like to address. I keep seeing the accusation that the people who run from a fight are cowards. Retreating from an unwinnable engagement is not cowardice, it is prudence.