• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Profession: Bounty Hunter

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Not something we're interested in at this time - leveling combat and the profession off the same exp source isnt desired
Ok, that makes sense. I can't really think of a desirable work around for that.
So: would you be interested in a new combat class (under rogue), or maybe keep this as a profession but have it level off of mining (even if that's weird)?

An alternative there would be to have 3/4 of your xp going towards your Primary Class (Until mastered) and the rest going towards your profession if it is a combat one. But then leveling will be very tedious and slow. So it depends on how you work that through.
Yeah, I don't think that's a very good solution. It a) does as you said, makes leveling even more tedious b) removes the players choice of which one they want to level.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
No, you can't. Only people in the open are shown. Generally people with bounties don't just stand in the open for someone to come along and kill them. For whatever reason most of the bounties I have gone after have been on people mining below level 12. <-- That won't show up on the dyna-map.

agentjwall

Godly
Hmm, I like the idea! (other then the fact that i'm a ranger ;P)

Maybe having this class would make PvE only grant you combat class exp. and PvP exp. would go towards your profession (It doesn't make much sense that a bounty hunter class would gain exp. off of killing mobs). But I agree with Kainzo, It would really only work best if we could get exp. for collecting bounties...

But for the time being what's so bad about asking a friend to track foes for you? Or even buying tracks? I mean, It really doesn't break the bank and you get so much more in return for getting the bounty that it seems mute to create an all new class for it...

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
It's simply inconvenient and annoying. It isn't that bad, but I've failed to complete a few bounties because of having to communicate with another person.

I'm kind of over it. If I am being forced to play ranger to play as I want I guess I'll just have to be a ranger.

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
I like the idea. I think it fits in, even if it isn't a crafter. It's something other than a "class". I hope this will get implemented.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Oh ok, I love the idea but I read up in the wiki about commands, one of them is /bouts locate ( name)
Don't know if this is wrong but it was there.

dieing25

Legacy Supporter 3
Love the Idea. There could be two different types of craftier class, one that aids combat and the other aids yourself. A.K.A. Bounty Hunter and Mason. Brings a Whole different aspect to the game. Will you be combat oriented or diverse? You could even implement a three way split with Main (Rouge) Crafting (Mason) Profession (Bounty Hunter).

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
It is a good idea as a theme to a new class.
BUT, I think that sneak is good to have in battle and to supprise people, just imagine a Dragoon coming jumping to you whit sneak, that would be pretty hard to resist. ;)
Alsov if you are so tired of talking to rangers to get track that you want a new class you should think through it one more time. I don't say that it is only rangers who can have track ever, but in herocraft you have to choose.
I was a healer in zeal map, I would loved to have sneak, track, jump, group tp and port, but i knew that I wanted to be a healer more that to have theese abilities, so I choosed to have the ability to heal instead.
If you really want to use track you should think of how it is playing as ranger, look trough the classes one more time and decide if you still want to choose the ability to track or not :p

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Sneak isn't necessary if people think it would aid in PvP across the board, I was just thinking it would help in sneaking up on your target.

As to having to choose; jump, port ect. are all convenience or PvP skills. They don't detract from your game, they simply limit what you can do. Track isn't just a convenience skill, it is ESSENTIAL to bounty hunting. Without it, a player is almost completely incapable of utilizing an aspect of the game that should be available to everyone.

Sure, wizardry and all that is also an aspect of the game that is limited but you can still PvP without being a wizard, you can still kill things as another class. As anything but ranger, you are unable to bounty hunt. I think restrictions on major and basic mechanics of the game (and its plugins) are completely unnecessary and detract from everyone's experience.

I created this suggestion because I want to have this amazing plugin available to all who want to utilize it. I'm being forced to go ranger simply because I want to bounty hunt. I shouldn't be forced to restrict myself from other major mechanics just to be able to utilize one.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
What my hole point was is that on HC you have to choose what you want, like some profession can use falsebook and some not, like enchanter can enchant, like ranger can track and like wizard can port.
If you want so badly to be able to track you should make friends whit a ranger or be one. Nobady forces anyone it is you who want to have a skill to do something so much that you feel forced, but many other is fine whit just talking to someone who have that skill. We need that not everyone can do spesical things, if not everything would have been extremely boring.
And at least I gonna choose Do I want track or another skill that ranger have so badly that I gonna choose ranger?
If I do I gonna choose ranger.
Choose what you want not what you need.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Look at it this way:
I can walk to spawn, or port if wizard.
I can use wolves, or PvP with other methods.
Enchanting/alchemy IS A profession so any spec can do those things.
Track is necessary for bounty hunting, there is no other way to do it. Therefore, it should be available as a profession.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
1. Professions IS crafter realated.
2. You HAVE to Choose.
3. You CAN talk to a ranger.
4. You CAN choose ranger.
5. The hole ting you want is ONE skill.
6. As you HAVE to choose profession, you MUST choose specs.
7. I AM tired of argue about this!
8. If your target is over ground we HAVE a dynamic map.

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
I think this profession could really work out. All we would need is some new skills and it's done.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
1. Professions IS crafter realated.
2. You HAVE to Choose.
3. You CAN talk to a ranger.
4. You CAN choose ranger.
5. The hole ting you want is ONE skill.
6. As you HAVE to choose profession, you MUST choose specs.
7. I AM tired of argue about this!
8. If your target is over ground we HAVE a dynamic map.
Stop saying hole it's bothering me haha. Whole*

Obviously you didn't bother to read most of this and/or have never tried to bounty hunt as a non-ranger. I am not arguing, I am trying to develop a profession that fits, works, and is beneficial to all. If you'd like to help, then please do. Making a list of points I have already discussed is not helpful. I will reiterate nonetheless:

1. Yes, at the moment it is. The plugin is in development, nothing is set in stone. I am aiming to change professions a little bit. The word means line of work; that can go far beyond crafting in Minecraft/Herocraft.

2. I don't understand your point. To be a smart ass: you don't actually. You can stay a lost soul.

3. Yup. I can, and do. But as I have previously mentioned it's clumsy and relies too much on the ranger.

4. Not everyone wants to limit themselves to a shitty lag prone spec for a single NECESSARY skill.

5. ^^^A necessary skill for bounty hunting. Without it, bounty hunting is futile. So yes, I am after one skill, because it's a very important and needed skill that has severe restrictions on it.

6. See number 2

7. See the paragraph.

8. Like I said: (usually) no one stands out in the open waiting to be killed. I have only had one bounty where I could use the dynamic map. And btw, the dynamic map doesn't work very well. It doesn't allow for accurate tracking because it lags. Therefore, if someone goes under a tree or something they disappear for several seconds. If
this happens a lot, it gets very hard to track someone. If they go in a straight line, it's easy; but who does that?

Oh ok, I love the idea but I read up in the wiki about commands, one of them is /bouts locate ( name)
Don't know if this is wrong but it was there.
I don't think that is in the game anymore. Need clarification.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Whole*:)

Actually I read all of it ;)
BUT
This is my toughts
I think what you want is not a bad idea for another main class.
Like joker said it could have a bunch of sneaky skills and track ofc.
And what i mean abot you have to choose is that;
You must decide what you want to do , and then go on and choose wich path that have most thing you want.
(it must be pretty hardcore lag if ranger gonna be as shitty as geomancer is when it laggs ). ;)

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Well you brought up a lot of previously discussed things haha

I really don't understand why so many people are against this. I don't care about the crafter professions, not one bit. This is something that has a little more flare and relates to PvP; but it doesn't help you in PvP. It provides an alternative to the other, boring, professions.

Geo has deepfreeze which helps you hit them (rangers no longer have root) and also AOE skills. Rangers have to directly hit there target, except for one skill that sprays arrows in a circle that doesn't do much damage.