• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Problems with beginning on the server and hopefully solutions.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Currently leveling is an absolute mess (Mob Arenas will help I am aware). However currently the HP scaling on mobs is ridiculous especially after being forced into dungeons to level.

So let me provide a statistic from my experience personally. I've recruited about 6 mutual friends from other servers, games and only 1 of them has stuck through the grind and played. I've asked all of them why they haven't came back to play and every single one of them said leveling is too hard, boring.

So I went out on a brand new class and walked my way to a dungeon because mobs throughout the world are nearly non existent. I could not level by myself it was way too hard unless I had heals. Dungeons are filled and I mean filled with mobs and the high HP due to its distance from spawn makes it even worse. Unless you are with someone else leveling is no bueno.

Please remove the HP scaling on mobs and put it back to normal health it will do us all a favor for new players and veteran players. "BUT WERWEW MOB ARENAS ARE BEING ADDED IN." -Average Ignorant HC Player

Yes MA's are being readded but which party wants to invite the noob who joined HC solo to their mob arena group? Back in DG MA's were fun it still took a decent amount of time to level. (DG's leveling grind was quick without MA's at all) and whose to say MA's plus mob scaling will make them easy? They will probably be even harder then they were in DG and that was without scaling. The MA's required strategy and taunting (Hey taunt is still ridiculously broken and doesn't taunt mobs anymore).

Now for townships.

I really think the population cap prevents some towns from recruiting. Towns are very time consuming and costly to upgrade and I rarely see towns recruiting anymore its a very rare occasion. I actually don't know what the majority of newer players do. Player counts are over 100 but a majority of them aren't in towns etc. is it just constantly cycling new players or are the new players leaving because they A) have nobody to play with and towns aren't recruiting and B) Overwhelmed by the heroes plugin (Take into consideration a majority of the new players do NOT use macro mod and they use item binds which makes killing the high hp mobs tougher for them). I think township caps needs to be more lenient or removed completely.

Overall those are just 2 main points but I think as a community we can all brainstorm ideas to help make the server more welcoming to new players because as of now its a big pain in the ass to play some of its main aspects.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Mob grind kills it... it is soooo boring. The first mastered class isnt too bad but after around the 3rd one or so it becomes stupidly repetative. I get it though, boosts are how kainzo makes his money. The problem is that people want to try the different classes, but choose not to because the grind sucks really bad. So they get bored and leave. Playing about 2-3 hours a day without boosts, it takes weeks to lvl. 1 class takes 2 weeks to master. If that is all you are doing. That sucks nevermind t-2... cut the grind in half.

Theshadown

Stone
The money shop is helpless anyway XD
Leveling a class to say, 35 should be more or less easy and doable on solo for any class. After that the exp should ramp quickly and there is where boosters kick in. No sane (unless rich) new player will buy an expensive exp boost on it's first days in the server anyway...

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Mob grind kills it... it is soooo boring. The first mastered class isnt too bad but after around the 3rd one or so it becomes stupidly repetative. I get it though, boosts are how kainzo makes his money. The problem is that people want to try the different classes, but choose not to because the grind sucks really bad. So they get bored and leave. Playing about 2-3 hours a day without boosts, it takes weeks to lvl. 1 class takes 2 weeks to master. If that is all you are doing. That sucks nevermind t-2... cut the grind in half.
Yeah that's what it comes down to. Grinding sucks and you have to do it in a few MMO's but its not as vague and to be honest not as boring as it is on Minecraft

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
All MMO's. don't know of any where leveling isnt part of it in some fashion.
The problem is that its the same mobs over and over with no diversity. Other mmos have questlines that offer the majority of the exp gained.That is not the case here. Werwew beat me to it.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I remember bastion had dailies. If something similar was implimented, i think it would help alot.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Would like to add onto your point about townships;

What's the point of having a high cit cap if I can't give as a mayor each one of those players their personal region to store items. That's the only thing stopping me hitting my cit count in my SR and that alone is making me want to avoid any region that adds to the cit count.

Want;

+Ability to create small regions that reflect the cit count of the SR

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Would like to add onto your point about townships;

What's the point of having a high cit cap if I can't give as a mayor each one of those players their personal region to store items. That's the only thing stopping me hitting my cit count in my SR and that alone is making me want to avoid any region that adds to the cit count.

Want;

+Ability to create small regions that reflect the cit count of the SR

Possible fixes:
Houses don't add Population (You build shack give to new player who wanted it)
Add other pop buffing buildings (Similar to Barracks/Inn)

or

Each house only add 1 pop (1 Pop for 1 player for said house, higher tiers don't add more)
Reduce costs of higher tier houses to reflect this (Potentially reduce money gain as well)

or

Shacks no longer add population
Cost is reduce to 50s per
Money gain is reduced to 5 (Face it, carrots are so easy)
Shacks could then be new members homes until they have the money/the town grants them the money for a higher tier house.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Possible fixes:
Houses don't add Population (You build shack give to new player who wanted it)
Add other pop buffing buildings (Similar to Barracks/Inn)

or

Each house only add 1 pop (1 Pop for 1 player for said house, higher tiers don't add more)
Reduce costs of higher tier houses to reflect this (Potentially reduce money gain as well)

or

Shacks no longer add population
Cost is reduce to 50s per
Money gain is reduced to 5 (Face it, carrots are so easy)
Shacks could then be new members homes until they have the money/the town grants them the money for a higher tier house.

Anything that changes money gained is a no go.. Would require all SR upkeep changes. I honestly just want the ability to pay like 200 - 300 souls on a region that has no upkeep or payouts and acts as a little person region. It would be pretty much a lot like a campsite apart from reduced power drain and higher cost to build. I want to add more people but don't want to add campsites to destroy my SR power

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Anything that changes money gained is a no go.. Would require all SR upkeep changes. I honestly just want the ability to pay like 200 - 300 souls on a region that has no upkeep or payouts and acts as a little person region. It would be pretty much a lot like a campsite apart from reduced power drain and higher cost to build. I want to add more people but don't want to add campsites to destroy my SR power
Not really. Especially not for shacks since they make so little anyway.