• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Pathfinder- the Dungeon and Dragons like game

Have people start off at level one or five? (read my reasoning below)

• One

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Five

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Either

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Seems like you are the only one interested :p I have a friend that would be willing to play Sunday night if you're still interested... but yeah it'd be just you two as the adventurers.
I better finish Amdir Golben's bio then...

Sarelth

Legacy Supporter 7
There is a Pathfinder Online MMO coming out, its in Beta right now, and I mean heavy beta..

I may be interested, but I have a Funeral on Sat, so I am not sure how I would be feeling.

I can roll up a character in a pretty short time if need be.

What would you think would be a good match for a Magus? I can do a Paladin or Fighter Tank type.
Any hints of a Style for the Adventure, that can make character building a little easier.

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I'd imagine either a paladin or a front line cleric would be useful. That or a druid/ranger with a beefy animal compainion, because despite my AC I don't want to be hit.

Sarelth

Legacy Supporter 7
Not sure a level 2 Ranger/Druid could have a very beefy pet. Was building a Elf Ranger, but a Paladin Tank is sounding a little more like a requirement. I can switch my build easy enough.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
There is a Pathfinder Online MMO coming out, its in Beta right now, and I mean heavy beta..

I may be interested, but I have a Funeral on Sat, so I am not sure how I would be feeling.

I can roll up a character in a pretty short time if need be.

What would you think would be a good match for a Magus? I can do a Paladin or Fighter Tank type.
Any hints of a Style for the Adventure, that can make character building a little easier.

Yeah I've been watching it, and I know what you mean about it being heavy beta. I still remain hopeful though!

And don't worry too much about playing a specific class, play whatever you want! If we find ourselves lacking a tank or a healer (which healerless runs are actually sorta fun in their own way) I'll roll a npc that will be added to the party to fill any position that is desperately needed.

Also best wishes on Saturday, completely understandable if you can't make it.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Not sure a level 2 Ranger/Druid could have a very beefy pet. Was building a Elf Ranger, but a Paladin Tank is sounding a little more like a requirement. I can switch my build easy enough.
Ah right, thats 4th lvl.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Alrighty, so my friend will play a rogue. She wont know her work schedule for Sunday till tomorrow. She might end up working till like 10 pm Sunday, so if that's too late we can try to aim for before she goes into work (hopefully).

If it doesn't work out we will just have to play without her.

Sarelth

Legacy Supporter 7
Caedan is a young Paladin from Chelaxia originally, though he was not raised there.

He was always fascinated by the Paladin order and he spent every waking hour practicing with a sword, unless he was working the farm where he grew up.

He has a younger sister he has not seen since he joined the Paladins. She lives with his parents in a nearby rural town.

In the Paladin order Caedan had a friend that always challenged him to do better and go further.

{{{ Character sheet in the Attachment, What do you think? }}}

Attachments

• Caedan.pdf
    196.2 KB · Views: 10

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Ohhh herolab :D

Yup it seems good! Accepted. I'll post the backstory for the campaign here tomorrow so you guys can familiarize yourselves with it and ask any questions you might have!

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Indeed it does. Well it seems like my friend won't get off till like 9 or 10 PST, is that too late for you guys?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Thats probably better for me. Might have the chance of my brothers interrupting if we did it any earlier.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Alright, the story will start off in a peaceful town called Sandpoint, where the annual Swallowtail Festival is to take place. You can have your own reasons for being there. From coming as additional help to keep the peace during the festivities, a local, a casual onlooker or even one who is searching to make new contacts.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I finished! Sorry for the cheesey backstory (literally the first character I've ever created...)

Short Version:
Name: Amdir Golben
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Spelldancer (Magus)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Attachments

• Amdir Golben.pdf
    61.5 KB · Views: 6

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
It looks more then fine! I'll be sending you two a message with the link for the adventure. You're free to get on it and play around to familiarize yourself with roll20 if you wish. And one last thing, would you two be fine with talking over skype? It really slows things down having to type everything. If not that is fine, my friend would only be able to listen anyways as she doesn't have a mic.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
It's unlikely that I will have time to prepare for a game this week, a bunch of people are on vacation at work so my week will be incredibly chaotic.
Demetria said she is willing to host a D&D game on Thursday though if you guys are interested. It would be 3.5 edition D&D as that's what she is most familiar with. Attributes will be rolled for, 5d6 with the two lowest rolls discarded, and the starting level will be two.