• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Pathfinder- the Dungeon and Dragons like game

Have people start off at level one or five? (read my reasoning below)

• One

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Five

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Either

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Played so much 3.5, so much. Never tried pathfinder doh. I could spend hours and hours making characters, and love every second of it. 3.5 had epic shit tons of customization as well XD.
From what I've been told, Pathfinder is basically 3.75

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Wow, this is one of the rare moments that I do not understand more than 50% of the words... I could try it out of curiosity, though :)
I'd be happy to help you out :D If you're truly interested I'd suggest perhaps coming to just watch us play, that's what I did at first. Once you get the idea of how a game runs everything starts to fall into place.

Got my character mostly done...now to actually type up his background.

Good to hear! Can't wait to see it.

Played so much 3.5, so much. Never tried pathfinder doh. I could spend hours and hours making characters, and love every second of it. 3.5 had epic shit tons of customization as well XD.
Yup it's pretty much the same! It carries over mostly everything from 3.5. Some things were removed (monkey grip as a feat, instead there is a barbarian archetype that revolves around wielding two handed weapons in one hand), quite a few things were changed (rogues have a d8 for hp instead of a d6 and are able to sneak attack undead) and a bunch was added. Quite a few new classes along with archetypes for every class.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah found it:

"Set in the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe based on the fifth edition ruleset and populated with Dungeons & Dragons lore and legend"
Well, not playing Bard then.

Might try Monk or Ranger.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Work has been a lot harder this week then I had expected, I'll Dm a normal pathfinder game over Roll20 this weekend then! Not going to give up on this idea of mine quite yet, just will work on it more when I have the time. Please state what day/time works for each of you.

The starting level will be two and I'll be using the story Rise of the Runelords.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
I'll be busy saturday, but I should be free all sunday.
Seems like you are the only one interested :p I have a friend that would be willing to play Sunday night if you're still interested... but yeah it'd be just you two as the adventurers.