• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Patch 5.4 - Relics

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Swap cost 400s.... yeah im done.
Yeah but relics.. You are not expected to have to pay 400s. I think the whole point of raising the cost is to try and switch the system over from commands to relics.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Removed Protection enchant from Enchanters (quick fix for overpowered armor)

Although this seems like a quick way to calm the masses boss, I would suggest reversing this until protection can be fixed. There are Thousands of pieces of protection armor already in the game and this will create an even larger gap as now only select groups will have protection armor of the same over powered potency and everyone else will have nothing.

EDIT: Better for everyone to have access the "over powered" gear, then only the already established.

Last edited:

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Patch notes for professions changes:

Many permissions (mostly relating to chestshops and engineer skills) have been grouped with the goal of reducing lag! As a result, the level at which many skills come in has changed, but little has changed in the skills themselves.
  • Alchemist: All Alchemist’s Chestshops now come in at Level 60 instead of 55. Alchemist can create Chestshops for mob drops.
  • Engineer: The previous Mason skills – creating lifts, bridges, gates, hidden switches and doors – as well as redstone shops – come in as a group at Level 45. ICs are now available in 6 groups at Levels 10, 20 etc through to 60.
  • Farmer: All Farmer’s shops (plants, leather, food, wool) now come in as a group at Level 60.
  • Merchant: Merchant’s shops now become available in 6 groups from Levels 10 through to 55. Some shop levels have changed considerably; for example, chain is now saleable at level 55. Sell-all items and Enderchest placement now come in at Level 60.
  • Miner: Shops to sell ingots and ore, and ability to place TNT, now come in at Level 60.
  • Runesmith: Shops for selling Runestones and the ability to place Beacons come in at Level 50.
  • Smith: All Chestshops (armor/tools/weapons made of diamond, iron and chainmail) come in at level 55. Smith can now sell Ingots.
Professions pages have been updated in the wiki with the recent changes.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
if the protection value can be altered, could you just set the value to 0 and then all the protection armor just wouldnt do anything?

also - in regards to relics, is it just me or are combat class relics really rare? i killed mobs for around an hour yesterday and got one lvl 1 pyromancer relic. seems extremely slow to collect compared to profession relics, which can be gathered quite quickly other than lvl 5.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
if the protection value can be altered, could you just set the value to 0 and then all the protection armor just wouldnt do anything?

also - in regards to relics, is it just me or are combat class relics really rare? i killed mobs for around an hour yesterday and got one lvl 1 pyromancer relic. seems extremely slow to collect compared to profession relics, which can be gathered quite quickly other than lvl 5.

I think they are set to the same spawn chance, but when you are mining you are smashing 5-10 nodes in a few seconds, where as when you are killing mobs I am betting you are not killing 10 in a few seconds very often.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think they are set to the same spawn chance, but when you are mining you are smashing 5-10 nodes in a few seconds, where as when you are killing mobs I am betting you are not killing 10 in a few seconds very often.
Making it max level - isnt as bad as taking it out but will also make it so only the masters can create it.

This is all temp until we can get a good fix in.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I understood your intentions there and it's a solution that will work until the real solution can come. Personally I think just leaving it be as it does not effect the existing item is still best, but at least with this players could make 10 pieces of armor and then mine a little and then make another 10 pieces, so it at least gives a chance.
Final solution is taking control over the protection enchant but as we all know that times a good bit to get going.