• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Patch 4.93 & DHX in-game shop!

Xerot

Legacy Supporter 4
I love the prospect of traps. It makes capitalizing on your terrain that much better, not to mention the aspects you came up with. Traps always seemed like a valid choice for rangers, since half of being a really good ranger depends heavily on knowing the terrain, and using it to your advantage.

The idea of swapping between those aspects to enhance your move speed is an awesome one, since most rangers should already know the importance of swapping between elemental arrows in combat, this would help even more with being a merciless hunter when necessary, and being able to have an edge on escaping a crowd when necessary.

But a Web Trap would be awesome. I wouldn't mind losing ice arrow if we could work one of those in. A web trap would be relatively easy to set up, too. just places a string on the ground that triggers upon movement. Requires string as a reagent. Like, I wouldn't mind if ranger skills required reagents IE explosive arrow needs gunpowder, web trap requires string, etc. It'd at least balance out their value. I'd imagine a web trap making escape a much more viable option to fixing mobility than anything else. Plus it'd likely be an easy fix. And can you imagine the team fight value that would have?

C4ruso

Legacy Supporter 8
Nerf samurai more omg (irony) 1.question Delfofthebla are you buffing only your class and nerfing your counter classes like sammy?

• Samurai
    • Moved a few skills around to make leveling / fighting at low levels a smoother experience.
    • MortalWound tickrate reduced to 5 seconds (from 7).
    • MortalWound duration reduced to 15 seconds (from 21).
    • MortalWound damage per tick decreased to 25 (from 33).
      (Overall damage reduced from Weapon Damage + 99 to Weapon Damage + 51. DoT ticks slightly faster, but lasts for a shorter time.)
    • Disgrace tickrate reduced to 5 seconds (from 7).
    • Disgrace duration reduced to 15 seconds (from 21).
      (Overall damage reduced from 198 to 156. DoT ticks slightly faster, but lasts for a shorter time.)
    • Fearless no longer increases damage outgoing damage from abilities.
    • Fearless incoming damage multiplier reduced to 115% (from 120).
    • Fearless outgoing damage multiplier reduced to 125% (from 130).
    • Impermanence stamina cost reduced to 6 (from 10).
    • AsuraSlash stamina cost increased to 8 (from 6).
    • Cleave stamina cost increased to 10 (from 8).

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Atleast lower the impermanence CD, it's ridicolously high and the skill isn't very useful to begin with.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Nerf samurai more omg (irony) 1.question Delfofthebla are you buffing only your class and nerfing your counter classes like sammy?

• Samurai
    • Moved a few skills around to make leveling / fighting at low levels a smoother experience.
      (Overall damage reduced from Weapon Damage + 99 to Weapon Damage + 51. DoT ticks slightly faster, but lasts for a shorter time.)
      (Overall damage reduced from 198 to 156. DoT ticks slightly faster, but lasts for a shorter time.)
This is no where near a nerf o.o Its a rebalance to fix problems with the bursty nature of how its been lately. Its back to more sustained damage.

RaekinTheBored

Legacy Supporter 7
No Summon Bow for Ranger? Make it require a reagent like string. Surely a Ranger could find sticks in the wilderness.

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
Perhaps that was a poor choice of words. I was trying to get across that even after the large amount of "nerfs" that class has received, I still find it viable. I would want one in my party on a teamfight, I would be weary if I saw one in the open. I will probably play one in the future. A Mystic played correctly...is scary.

What I'm trying to say is that, I, an active PvPer, still find value in the class. I am trying to get across that while these changes can be a bit saddening, it is not nearly as bad as it seems. The class is still very effective.

The only thing I can agree with here is your opinion on PvE, and I am sorry that it has become more tiresome. I know that leveling healers is not the most pleasant thing in the world. Though even the PvE isn't -quite- as bad if you eat food like most other classes do.

In PvP, the only thing that's really going to get you down is 3 people focusing you at once. High burst damage combined with slows is indeed the bane of the Mystic. However, you can still pull through most of it. Even silences. You have 3 HoT effects that can be applied to yourself at any given moment. You have a (working) root that lasts 4 seconds. You have a chain helmet. You have a wall that can literally stop them in their tracks and force them to take a detour. You have a spammable 1 second warmup heal. You have replenish when things get hairy. The class...is strong.

Not to mention, there are plenty of other tools at your disposal that aren't related to the class itself. Speed potions, health potions, emeralds--it's all available for you to use. I'm not saying that these are required for the class to function, but they are certainly possible options.

Just play it out for a while--if you really give it time, I think you'll see their strengths.
The last part, "Spammable 1 warmup heal" thingy, Sure does sound like a strain on mana,
You can word anything to sound strong, but you ignore how many times they can cast the given spell, w/o going oom. Just try what you said and try to spam heals. :D

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff

• Samurai
You seem to love trolling me whenever you get the chance c4. :/ To answer your question, no, I am not doing that. To address your post more directly:

Samurai was far too bursty of a class previously. Ever since the armor penetration bug, Warrior abilities have been out of control. With the addition of AsuraSlash to the Samurai's repetoir of skills, this changed the class completely. It was too powerful against pretty much all classes, and yet it was a shadow of it's former self. This, combined with other classes getting buffs in the same patch, Samurai got outshined.

Even still, the biggest issue was that Samurai's simply did not enjoy the new playstyle.

As seen in these threads:
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/samurai.39066/
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/current-samurai-problems.38167/

People were not enjoying Samurai. In order to make Samurai go back to the old roots, it was necessary we increased the tick-rate of their DoT abilities. However, Kainzo was against this. In order to assure him that this change was for the better, they needed to lose more power. Their abilities needed to do less damage, and they needed to last longer.

While the Samurai did get "nerfed" this patch--he plays how he used to. Not to mention he's still a massive powerhouse that I would want in any team comp. I would easily take a Samurai over a Ninja or Runeblade--the class is just that good.

But you can think whatever you want c4. I stand by my decisions.

The last part, "Spammable 1 warmup heal" thingy, Sure does sound like a strain on mana,
You can word anything to sound strong, but you ignore how many times they can cast the given spell, w/o going oom. Just try what you said and try to spam heals. :D
I'm sorry if my post gave you the impression that I was simply trying to make the class sound strong--I know how posts like that can be a tad frustrating.

But I assure you, I have played the class--I am aware of how much it drains your mana. It all depends on how many spells your casting and how often you're doing so. If you aren't spamming ire/entangle/bolt, you can still heal for a very long time. Use your offensive spells more sparringly and you won't run into as many mana issues.

I'm not saying that Mystic is -perfect- in it's current state, and I'm not saying it won't receive changes in the future, but I do think that the situation is not nearly as bad as everyone thinks it is.

Even though it was a small one, was the Runeblade nerf really needed?
To be honest, the cooldown has just gone back to what it originally was. That was a change that got left-over from when I was playing around with the ability and trying to change its' role. That change never made it to live, but the cooldown change did. I didn't mean for that to happen.

But yeah, I'm not really quite happy with the Runeblade situation either, but I don't have the time to fine-tune it.

However, it's important to note that Runeblade got a very subtle buff this patch.

Global cooldown for all abilities was 0.5 seconds.
Runeblade rune application cooldown was 1 second.

When I originally designed Runeblade, I set his Rune cooldown to match what I believed to be the global cooldown at the time. I was not aware that I was wrong until last patch.

With this patch, Global cooldown was increased to 1 second.
Runeblade Rune application is still 1 second.

It may not seem like a big deal at first, but I think you'd be surprised...

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
When I originally designed Runeblade, I set his Rune cooldown to match what I believed to be the global cooldown at the time. I was not aware that I was wrong until last patch.

With this patch, Global cooldown was increased to 1 second.
Runeblade Rune application is still 1 second.

It may not seem like a big deal at first, but I think you'd be surprised...
Since I've switched over I can't really say for sure, but from what I've tried on the test server it definately helps.

One of my major gripes though is the way the rune system works. The problem I have with runeblade is that runes don't carry over to Arena/Col/BG/DM.

While I love the rune-system if feel that the actual amount of runes is a little low. Not complaining, just stating a fact: Runeblade only has 8 skills (minus potions and such). While the rune system gives the illusion of diversity, the usually setup is Fire/Ice/Void. If you consider skills such as void rune which isvery similar to kick when it comes to the dmg/cooldown/silence.

It feels like runeblade is lackluster when it comes to skill uniqueness ( while the application is definitely new, which I love, the skills actual effect are very similar to others.)

While it may see like I'm just complaining, "Rune UP, Buff Plox" I (and many others) feel that runeblade isn't the most viable class.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I like the samurai changes though. It was definitely too burst for a warrior class.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I think my only real problem with the mystic changes is that overall, they just arent a very good healer compared to cleric anymore. That is not to say they arent good in pvp (i am horrible and wouldnt know lol) or that they are not good overall as a class. Certainly having might and the new utility skills would probably make them a very useful class in a big group, especially with lots of melees involved. However, my main draw to the mystic was that they were an alternative healer to the cleric. Less armor, no invincibility, but overall able to heal just as well as the cleric with some valuable additional utility to compensate for the armor / overall survivability. But from a pure heal amount / mana cost / cooldown perspective, they cannot heal anywhere near as well as a cleric now.

Personally, i would gladly give up might to have a little more healing capability back. But that is just me, cant speak for everyone.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I think my only real problem with the mystic changes is that overall, they just arent a very good healer compared to cleric anymore.
Except they were a much better one before this patch. The whole point of cleric was to be the healing oriented healer, with little to no pvp aspect. Before this patch, cleric was not good at its job as a Mystic was. Mystics could heal almost, if not as, as well a cleric. And still be useful in straight pvp.

C4ruso

Legacy Supporter 8
You seem to love trolling me whenever you get the chance c4. :/ To answer your question, no, I am not doing that. To address your post more directly:

Samurai was far too bursty of a class previously. Ever since the armor penetration bug, Warrior abilities have been out of control. With the addition of AsuraSlash to the Samurai's repetoir of skills, this changed the class completely. It was too powerful against pretty much all classes, and yet it was a shadow of it's former self. This, combined with other classes getting buffs in the same patch, Samurai got outshined.

Even still, the biggest issue was that Samurai's simply did not enjoy the new playstyle.

As seen in these threads:
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/samurai.39066/
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/current-samurai-problems.38167/

People were not enjoying Samurai. In order to make Samurai go back to the old roots, it was necessary we increased the tick-rate of their DoT abilities. However, Kainzo was against this. In order to assure him that this change was for the better, they needed to lose more power. Their abilities needed to do less damage, and they needed to last longer.

While the Samurai did get "nerfed" this patch--he plays how he used to. Not to mention he's still a massive powerhouse that I would want in any team comp. I would easily take a Samurai over a Ninja or Runeblade--the class is just that good.

But you can think whatever you want c4. I stand by my decisions.

okey and incidentally Fearless is broken

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
When I was re-coding fearless to prevent skill damage, I altered the way it detected attack damage. This caused the damage numbers from HeroMod to not report the correct damage. I dislike this change, and I'll fix it in the next update.

However, Fearless IS working. I tested it on live yesterday.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
What is available at the DHX Store, and what are the prices? I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Since I've switched over I can't really say for sure, but from what I've tried on the test server it definately helps.

One of my major gripes though is the way the rune system works. The problem I have with runeblade is that runes don't carry over to Arena/Col/BG/DM.

While I love the rune-system if feel that the actual amount of runes is a little low. Not complaining, just stating a fact: Runeblade only has 8 skills (minus potions and such). While the rune system gives the illusion of diversity, the usually setup is Fire/Ice/Void. If you consider skills such as void rune which is very similar to kick when it comes to the dmg/cooldown/silence.

It feels like runeblade is lackluster when it comes to skill uniqueness ( while the application is definitely new, which I love, the skills actual effect are very similar to others.)

While it may see like I'm just complaining, "Rune UP, Buff Plox" I (and many others) feel that runeblade isn't the most viable class.
Runes not carrying over in arenas is done more from a "realism/standardization" aspect.

I agree that Runeblade has very few skills, and I want to add more. I agree that they just don't have enough "uniqueness" to them. Like you, I enjoy the Rune system, but am not necessarily happy with their full skillset.

The biggest issue I had when adding new abilities was keeping them balanced. I thought of a couple things and played around with implementing them on test. It just wasn't balanced. I feel as though if I add more abilities, we have to completely rebalance their mana pool, mana regen, mana costs, and damage numbers to compensate. It will be a bit of a pain in the ass.

I will probably do it, I just don't know how soon. There are more important things right now, and Runeblade is very functional as far as 1v1s/small skirmishes are concerned.

I think my only real problem with the mystic changes is that overall, they just arent a very good healer compared to cleric anymore. That is not to say they arent good in pvp (i am horrible and wouldnt know lol) or that they are not good overall as a class. Certainly having might and the new utility skills would probably make them a very useful class in a big group, especially with lots of melees involved. However, my main draw to the mystic was that they were an alternative healer to the cleric. Less armor, no invincibility, but overall able to heal just as well as the cleric with some valuable additional utility to compensate for the armor / overall survivability. But from a pure heal amount / mana cost / cooldown perspective, they cannot heal anywhere near as well as a cleric now.

Personally, i would gladly give up might to have a little more healing capability back. But that is just me, cant speak for everyone.
The Cleric is a pure healing class, plain and simple. They offer no special buffs, no unique utility, they just have very powerful heals. That is what makes their class, and that will probably always be their design. They are a heavily armored healer that has an emphasis on long warmups. The moment the receive special party buffs or unique abilities that aren't related to healing, they become too powerful, and in my opinion, it breaks their design.

With the Mystic, we're trying to stray from that a bit. They have heals, sure, but the heals aren't all the bring to the fight. They've got offensive capabilities and other unique abilities that change up the fight a bit. Their heals are more centered around HoT effects rather than instant healing. They're "earthy" or "nature" based, and I just feel as though HoT heals fit that better. Same thing with Entangle / EarthWall.

I'll take your comments into consideration however, and the balance team will re-access the Mystic's teamfight viability in the next patch.