• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Patch 4.93 & DHX in-game shop!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
slider.png
We've been handling a lot of things on the back-end to try and improve end-user experience. We're still midway through refining some code to prevent memory leaks but I feel we have a good grasp on everything at this time.

Some classes were completely revamped, the in-depth notes on the changes for Heroes can be found at the bottom of this post. Please be sure to read to stay in the know!
  • "Wall" style skills
  • "Blood Union" effects for Bloodmage.
  • If you missed it, the server machine has moved from Houston, TX to Las Vegas, NV
    • As a result, there should be less lag and better overall performance
  • Removed the spawning of mobs below 60=Y, players should notice more mobs above ground and better latency.
  • Herobook changed slightly to prevent an exploit if you were using custom-titles.
  • Reworked mob-health display to be more accurate when updating.
  • Resolved sound-effects on several skills that were mis-factored
  • Users can now bypass the wait for whitelist by purchasing Premium access
  • Renamed Store to Shop, changed all links pointing
  • Created a new theme for the Shop to better fit the up and coming forum theme*
  • Pet Naming is now available @ http://hc.to/petname
  • Changed permissions to zPermissions from bPermissions.
    • This move should improve new-player login creation so it doesn't lag.
  • Resolved issue with players losing classes on login. (thanks Zeroth!)
  • Resolved lighter issue - crafters level 10 and above can now use the lighter tool!
  • DHX has purchased the castle-shop in Trade district and is now selling very rare goods for premium prices! (-50,-140)
  • Enabled daily restart script @ 4:15AM CST. Thanks @TheYeti Delayed for 4.94
  • Player names now have a health-% below their name. Delayed for 4.94
Overall:
  • Global Cooldown has been increased to 1 second (from 0.5).
  • Several effects that did not previously have expire texts now have them.
  • Runeblade
    • IceRune cooldown increased to 10 seconds (from 8).
    • Rune Application was incorrectly set to 750ms on the test server. This has been corrected to 1 second.
  • Ninja
    • EscapeArtist stamina cost reduced to 6 (from 10).
    • Backstab chance to apply when not sneaking increased to 40% (from 20).
      (Chance to backstab while sneaking is unchanged.)
    • Base damage with swords has been reduced.
      • Wooden Sword damage (by level 65) reduced to 45 (from 51).
      • Stone Sword damage (by level 65) reduced to 62 (from 73).
      • Iron Sword damage (by level 65) reduced to 82 (from 94).
      • Diamond Sword damage (by level 65) reduced to 96 (from 105).
      • Gold Sword damage (by level 65) reduced to 108 (from 122).
  • Pyromancer
    • Fireblast damage reduced to 150 (from 175).
    • ChaosOrb base damage reduced to 128 (from 150).
    • ChaosOrb damage per level reduced to 0.8 (from 1).
      (Overall damage reduced by about 35)
    • Inferno now deals 50 instant fire damage on use, as originally intended.
    • Inferno warmup increased to 1.5 seconds (from 1).
  • Necromancer
    • Battery mana-transfer amount reduced to 30 (from 35).
    • Poison was incorrectly only lasting for 13 seconds. It now lasts for 18 seconds (as intended).
  • Mystic
    • Moved a few skills around to make leveling / fighting at low levels a smoother experience.
    • Add Earthwall - ability to create a wall of dirt at your target to befuddle foes!
    • Removed Chloroblast.
    • Removed Revive, added Reincarnate.
    • Chlorobon Reworked:
      • Adds a 12 second buff to the target that heals for 72 health every 3 seconds.
      • 27 mana cost.
      • 18 second cooldown.
      • 1.5 second warmup.
    • Soothe cooldown decreased to 3 seconds (from 4).
    • Soothe healing decreased to 125 (from 130).
    • Soothe mana cost increased to 10 (from 7).
    • Soothe warmup decreased to 1 second (from 1.5).
    • Entangle mana cost increased to 18 (from 15).
    • Rejuvenate now has a 1 second warmup.
    • Rejuvenate mana cost reduced to 20 (from 23).
    • Rejuvenate cooldown increased to 16 seconds (from 15).
    • Rejuvenate range reduced to 14 blocks (from 15).
    • Rejuvenate healing per tick increased to 48 (from 34).
    • Rejuvenate duration reduced to 15 seconds (from 21).
      (Overall healing reduced by 12)
    • Replenish mana restoration reduced to 52% (from 1000). --------- This is about 102 mana at lvl 65
    • Replenish cooldown increased to 5 minutes (from 2).
    • Might mana cost increased to 30 (from 20).
    • Bolt mana cost increased to 26 (from 24).
    • Ire cooldown increased to 9 seconds (from 7).
  • Cleric
    • Remedy warmup increased to 3 seconds (from 2.5)
    • Remedy healing to 265 (from 250).
    • SacredTouch warmup increased to 3 seconds (from 2.5).
    • SacredTouch healing increased to to 365 (from 350).
  • Disiciple
    • ForcePush mana cost reduced to 10 (from 15).
    • ForcePush damage reduced to 35 (from 70).
    • ForcePush stamina cost reduced to 3 (from 4).
    • ForcePull mana cost reduced to 10 (from 15).
    • ForcePull damage reduced to 35 (from 70).
    • ForcePull stamina cost reduced to 3 (from 4).
    • QuiveringPalm description has been fixed to report the correct duration.
    • QuiveringPalm duration increased to 4.5 seconds (from 2.5).
  • Bloodmage
    • Introducing the new Blood Union system. The Bloodmage uses Blood Union to gain power when damaging foes, increasing the effectiveness of their abilities.
    • BloodBond healing reduced to 25%
    • BloodUnion minor changes in how it works.
    • Bloodboil slightly tweaked to be less damaging.
  • Warriors
    • Bash base damage reduced to 59 (from 89).
    • Cleave damage multiplier reduced to 100% (from 150).
  • Paladin
    • SheildReflect description has been improved to be more...descriptive.
    • ShieldReflect now properly reflects DoT skill damage.
    • Absolution cooldown increased to 20 seconds (from 15).
    • Conviction mana cost reduced to 50 (from 55).
    • Conviction stamina cost reduced to 0 (from 5).
    • Conviction cooldown increased to 30 seconds (from 10).
    • Conviction duration decreased to 3 minutes (from 5).
    • SoulFire mana cost reduced to 15 (from 20).
    • SoulFire stamina cost reduced to 4 (from 7).
    • LayHands mana cost increased to 40 (from 20).
    • LayHands stamina cost reduced to 0 (from 3).
  • Dragoon
    • LunarLance damage reduced to 95 (from 110).
    • LunarLance Mana-Burn reduced to 18 (from 20).
    • Impale slowness value reduced to 3 (from 4).
      (Impale was originally intended to be slowness 2. It was incorrectly upgraded to 4 at some point).
    • Tremor cooldown increased to 9 seconds (from 7).
  • Dreadknight
    • Empathy stamina cost increased to 4 (from 0).
    • Empathy mana cost reduced to 23 (from 30).
    • Terror stamina cost increased to 4 (from 3).
    • Terror mana cost decreased to 16 (from 20).
    • ManaFreeze cooldown increased to 10 seconds (from 7).
    • ManaFreeze duration increased to 25 seconds (from 15).
    • HarmTouch mana cost increased to 35 (from 0).
    • HarmTouch stamina cost reduced to 5 (from 8).
  • Samurai
    • Moved a few skills around to make leveling / fighting at low levels a smoother experience.
    • MortalWound tickrate reduced to 5 seconds (from 7).
    • MortalWound duration reduced to 15 seconds (from 21).
    • MortalWound damage per tick decreased to 25 (from 33).
      (Overall damage reduced from Weapon Damage + 99 to Weapon Damage + 51. DoT ticks slightly faster, but lasts for a shorter time.)
    • Disgrace tickrate reduced to 5 seconds (from 7).
    • Disgrace duration reduced to 15 seconds (from 21).
      (Overall damage reduced from 198 to 156. DoT ticks slightly faster, but lasts for a shorter time.)
    • Fearless no longer increases damage outgoing damage from abilities.
    • Fearless incoming damage multiplier reduced to 115% (from 120).
    • Fearless outgoing damage multiplier reduced to 125% (from 130).
    • Impermanence stamina cost reduced to 6 (from 10).
    • AsuraSlash stamina cost increased to 8 (from 6).
    • Cleave stamina cost increased to 10 (from 8).

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
mystic rejuvenate actually heals for over 50 less than it used to T_T. And a cast time too, so sad lol.

Earthwall seems pretty fun to mess with.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Can someone explain the blood union system in detail?
Upon making contact with a skill, ex siphonblood you form a union with that certain player, and your blood union count is 1. Certain skills like boil blood or blood gift has a reagent of a blood union3 and so on.
Delfofthebla anything to add?

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Loved the last update but this...
  • Add Earthwall - ability to create a wall of dirt at your target to befuddle foes!
I like this. New skills are always appreciated.
  • Removed Chloroblast.
I don't like where this is going...
  • Chlorobon Reworked:
  • 27 mana cost.
  • 18 second cooldown.
  • 1.5 second warmup.
Although cool and interesting with the lose of chloroblast this is not a heal that can be used in combat effectively.
  • Replenish mana restoration reduced to 52% (from 1000). --------- This is about 102 mana at lvl 65
So let me see if I understand this. You make Mystic skills cost more and then give then no means to get back that mana in combat? I see there are no people who play Mystic on the Balance team as this is just wrong. Mystic is already a mana whore. I'd be fine with the Replen CD if it wasn't for the effective mana regeneration being increased.

Removing heals and increasing mana costs is not going to be helping any heal spec

As a master Mystic I should know this. When you're in combat you lose pretty much all of your mana using you're skills on party members in the first few minutes of the fight. This change to replen is just awful.

Will wizards be geting this? My guess is no considering the fact that they're not even on the update log this time around.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
  • Removed Chloroblast.
  • Chlorobon Reworked:
  • 27 mana cost.
  • 18 second cooldown.
  • 1.5 second warmup.
Although cool and interesting with the lose of chloroblast this is not a heal that can be used in combat effectively.
So let me see if I understand this. Your makes Mystic skills cost more and then give then no means to get back that mana in combat? I see there are no people who play Mystic on the Balance team as this is just wrong. Mystic is already a mana whore. I'd be fine with the Replen CD if it wasn't for the effective mana regeneration being increased.

Removing heals and increasing mana costs is not going to be helping any heal spec

As a master Mystic I should know this. When you're in combat you lose pretty much all of your mana using you're skills on party members in the first few minutes of the fight. This change to replen is just awful.

Will wizards be geting this? My guess is no considering the fact that their not even on the update log this time around.

I tried bringing these things up in game and got trolled with roughly: "not being skilled enough to take advantage of Mystic."

Not sure if it will get any better for you and I. I can understand raising the CD on replenish, becuase you shouldn't be able to cast it in PVP multiple times and our healing abilities allow us to extend PVP to unheard of limits (allowing us to potentially use it twice a fight), but the 5 minutes is just overkill. I don't have enough mana to effectively kill mobs when there's more than just a few. Once I get two more levels to get to 65 I won't dare attempt PVE again.

Arturec

Soulsand
I love the new bloodmage. Thanks to all who worked on it! It really feels unique and very well thought out too!

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Time to switch away from Mystic :(

It was good while it lasted!
  • Removed Chloroblast.
  • Chlorobon Reworked:
  • 27 mana cost.
  • 18 second cooldown.
  • 1.5 second warmup.
So let me see if I understand this. Your makes Mystic skills cost more and then give then no means to get back that mana in combat? I see there are no people who play Mystic on the Balance team as this is just wrong. Mystic is already a mana whore. I'd be fine with the Replen CD if it wasn't for the effective mana regeneration being increased.

Will wizards be geting this? My guess is no considering the fact that their not even on the update log this time around.

I personally tested mystic out with these changes extensively. From the beginning of the update changes, I found Mystic to be entirely too powerful. I could 1v1, I could 2v2, I could 3v3, I could teamfight. It didn't matter what situation I was in, I was always able to step ahead of the game and win 100% of the time. In any situation I lost, it was due to my teammate's mishaps or me not kiting well enough. I never had any mana issues what so ever. Franky, I was a bit disgusted. As a player who hasn't really ever played any healing classes before, I couldn't understand how the class was allowed to have so much damage while also being able to infinitely heal himself and his allies. I couldn't even see why the class even had replenish--I never even needed it!

I have been fine-tuning the class over the past two weeks and I believe the class to be relatively balanced in it's current state. If I was to say it was leaning towards any side, I would say it would be leaning towards being too strong rather than being too weak.

I tried bringing these things up in game and got trolled with roughly: "not being skilled enough to take advantage of Mystic."

Not sure if it will get any better for you and I. I can understand raising the CD on replenish, becuase you shouldn't be able to cast it in PVP and our healing abilities allow us to extend PVP to unheard of limits (allowing us to potentially use it twice a fight), but the 5 minutes is just overkill. I don't have enough mana to effectively kill mobs when there's more than just a few. Once I get two more levels to get to 65 I won't dare attempt PVE again.

It's unfortunate that the PvE isn't as smooth as you'd hope, but this is the case for many classes on Herocraft. Due to Herocraft not having very much of a PvE aspect to it, the balance team is focusing on PvP over PvE when taking the changes into account. It was determined that a 5 minute cooldown was necessary due to their PvP strengths.

Reincarnate wasn't added in. It doesn't show up in /hero skills mystic and nothing happens when I try to cast it :p
We definitely wanna fix this though--it should have been in.

Arturec

Soulsand
I remember pre 65 patch I was on test server BM vs Mystic. Needless to say I got facerolled with no competiton. While I could not judge Mystic because I wasnot familiar with it or even with my skill as a bloodmage, i could see that the old mystic even before its buffs was pretty good. In most fights.it seemed that unless chain CC or extreme burst wete used, a mystic could easily take on teams due to it being so tanky. It took over 3 minutes to defeat a paladin and a dreadknight, but it did. 2v1 as a support is usually unheard of unless you were to outplay them very well. All in all, I'd like the community to look at the changes and extensively try them out before making final judgements, because 1-4 people cannot really test as well as a whole community.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
There are just some aspects of Herocraft that cannot simply be tested on the test server and applied to the actually server. Saying that you "fully understand" a class that you haven't even taken the liberty to lvl or fight with yourself is absolutely absurd.

ugh. I never had any mana issues what so ever. Franky, I was a bit disgusted. As a player who hasn't really ever played any healing classes before, I couldn't understand how the class was allowed to have so much damage while also being able to infinitely heal himself and his allies. I couldn't even see why the class even had replenish--I never even needed it!

Refer to the above. I have the utmost respect for you Delfofthebla but in this paragraph you've no idea what you're talking about. Please don't take that personally.

Arturec

Soulsand
I try to give credit where it is due, but what I'm thinking is what if there were advisors to the advisors to the balance team? Such as releasing planned changes and stuff,sort of like PBE for league of legends where you can check out changes and see pre patch notes so stuff doesnt come out of the oven half baked? (Eve though riot still manages to fuck shit up with either op or up balance changes, cough sejuani Im looking at you...) In theory atleast the idea sounds good...?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
There are just some aspects of Herocraft that cannot simply be tested on the test server and applied to the actually server. Saying that you "fully understand" a class that you haven't even taken the liberty to lvl or fight with yourself is absolutely absurd.

Refer to the above. I have the utmost respect for you Delfofthebla but in this paragraph you've no idea what you're talking about. Please don't take that personally.

While I agree that there are indeed things that cannot be tested on the test server, I find the need to ask--what is your perspective here? PvP? PvE? Both?

Because I'll be frank. There were a lot of changes this update, and even though the new Bloodmage is hella strong and right up my alley, I can't help the feeling that I want to play Mystic. It will be the next class I master for sure. I truly believe that it is strong enough to warrant playing it myself.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8

I wish I could have tested more with Delf, but from my experience around a month ago, Mystic was still an under performing class. I can barely run minecraft anymore, so I couldn't make an evidence-backed retort. At least I prevented the complete removal of Revive... (right?).