• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Patch 4.93 & DHX in-game shop!

Arturec

Soulsand
Dont nerf change buff rework morellostealthnerfkick anything until tomorrow afyernoon, I really want to make a thread on new BM and relate it to similar things etc. Also. Only reason why everyone is going to it is because of a certain glitch I am sure. If it is fixed I expect drops in the population.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
While I agree that there are indeed things that cannot be tested on the test server, I find the need to ask--what is your perspective here? PvP? PvE? Both?

My perspective of Mystic comes from both PvP and PvE. As Daniel said PvE is the most painful for Mystic. The constant spamming of Ire and heals on yourself burn mana like mad. In PvP silences, movement skills, and other things greatly interfere with healing. Replenish is useful mainly in PvE. Was the one skill I looked foward to while leveling.

Weird thing is: Without replen Mystic is kinda garbage. With it, mystic over-whelms some classes but not all of them.

The days of healers being able to solo groups is over and has been over ever since the self heal nerf. (Which, looking at it now, wan't bad).

Arturec

Soulsand
Dont nerf change buff rework morellostealthnerfkick anything until tomorrow afyernoon, I really want to make a thread on new BM and relate it to similar things etc. Also. Only reason why everyone is going to it is because of a certain glitch I am sure. If it is fixed I expect drops in the population.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
My perspective of Mystic comes from both PvP and PvE. As Daniel said PvE is the most painful for Mystic. The constant spamming of Ire and heals on yourself burn mana like mad. In PvP silences, movement skills, and other things greatly interfere with healing. Replenish is useful mainly in PvE. Was the one skill I looked foward to while leveling.

Weird thing is: Without replen Mystic is kinda garbage. With it, mystic over-whelms some classes but not all of them.

The days of healers being able to solo groups is over and has been over ever since the self heal nerf. (Which, looking at it now, wan't bad).
From the PvE perspective, leveling Mystic is like slamming my head on the table repeatedly.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Prepare yourselves. *Everyone rerolls as the new strongest-class bandwagon begins.*

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Aren't all the classes supposed to be equal in terms of viability to be played?
Perhaps that was a poor choice of words. I was trying to get across that even after the large amount of "nerfs" that class has received, I still find it viable. I would want one in my party on a teamfight, I would be weary if I saw one in the open. I will probably play one in the future. A Mystic played correctly...is scary.

What I'm trying to say is that, I, an active PvPer, still find value in the class. I am trying to get across that while these changes can be a bit saddening, it is not nearly as bad as it seems. The class is still very effective.

The only thing I can agree with here is your opinion on PvE, and I am sorry that it has become more tiresome. I know that leveling healers is not the most pleasant thing in the world. Though even the PvE isn't -quite- as bad if you eat food like most other classes do.

In PvP, the only thing that's really going to get you down is 3 people focusing you at once. High burst damage combined with slows is indeed the bane of the Mystic. However, you can still pull through most of it. Even silences. You have 3 HoT effects that can be applied to yourself at any given moment. You have a (working) root that lasts 4 seconds. You have a chain helmet. You have a wall that can literally stop them in their tracks and force them to take a detour. You have a spammable 1 second warmup heal. You have replenish when things get hairy. The class...is strong.

Not to mention, there are plenty of other tools at your disposal that aren't related to the class itself. Speed potions, health potions, emeralds--it's all available for you to use. I'm not saying that these are required for the class to function, but they are certainly possible options.

Just play it out for a while--if you really give it time, I think you'll see their strengths.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Aren't all the classes supposed to be equal in terms of viability to be played?
The thing is though, some classes have strengths where others have weaknesses and viceversa. Mystic is just well rounded and has very few weaknesses (Err well used to at least.)

KleenX

Iron
I just versed it on test with delf. Its a decent class, however it really doesn't have any use in teamfights. It does barely any dmg and all of its single target with high cds and the heals are slow(sure continuous but there are much better healers).
Also victim130 I like the sig :eek:

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Samurai burst was taken out which is good, but 5 second proc DoT with less damage is still bad. Now samurais don't have any good offensive skills. With the fearless nerf aswell, why not remove all the offensive skills and replace them with a passive lifesteal and higher base damage?

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Samurai burst was taken out which is good, but 5 second proc DoT with less damage is still bad. Now samurais don't have any good offensive skills. With the fearless nerf aswell, why not remove all the offensive skills and replace them with a passive lifesteal and higher base damage?
I tested the new samurai personally. I find it to be much better this way. 1v1 fights seem end pretty evenly.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I just versed it on test with delf. Its a decent class, however it really doesn't have any use in teamfights. It does barely any dmg and all of its single target with high cds and the heals are slow(sure continuous but there are much better healers).
Also victim130 I like the sig :eek:
It should still have an AoE HoT .-. that sounds really useful imo.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
EtKEnn, Victim130
Actually, I feel like samurai's were more or less, buffed, from where they stood before. The "Fearless nerf" was nerfing your skills scaling damage off of it, where it's only supposed to scale your melee damage. (I think) The only reason I say that is because 5% of 120 is less (relatively) than 5% of 130. Also, you got a pretty good nerf to impermanence's stamina cost, and all of your tick-rates on dot's are faster and shorter, even if the total damage went down a little bit, the faster tick rate probably means an increase in DoT DPS. If I tested it, it probably lines up pretty well with stamina recovery while fighting to maintain some sort of skill rotation or have viable options as you're pvping, particularly in a 1v1. The reason I assume this is due to the 5 second tick rate, and 15 second duration. I'm pretty sure your stamina and mana regenerate every 5s.

Hydroking77
That's because Rangers are still pretty damn good. They're the hardest hitting class, and ranged. I'm pretty sure they have the highest DPS out of all the classes as well because they lack mobility (aside from a speed pot) due to the fact they have to stop moving (like 90% slow) and shoot arrows (which have a chance to miss). If you can negate those two factors somehow, rangers are beastly classes. :p

tip: Power II, Infinity I (don't have to draw back as far for max damage.)

Xerot

Legacy Supporter 4
EtKEnn, Victim130
Actually, I feel like samurai's were more or less, buffed, from where they stood before. The "Fearless nerf" was nerfing your skills scaling damage off of it, where it's only supposed to scale your melee damage. (I think) The only reason I say that is because 5% of 120 is less (relatively) than 5% of 130. Also, you got a pretty good nerf to impermanence's stamina cost, and all of your tick-rates on dot's are faster and shorter, even if the total damage went down a little bit, the faster tick rate probably means an increase in DoT DPS. If I tested it, it probably lines up pretty well with stamina recovery while fighting to maintain some sort of skill rotation or have viable options as you're pvping, particularly in a 1v1. The reason I assume this is due to the 5 second tick rate, and 15 second duration. I'm pretty sure your stamina and mana regenerate every 5s.

Hydroking77
That's because Rangers are still pretty damn good. They're the hardest hitting class, and ranged. I'm pretty sure they have the highest DPS out of all the classes as well because they lack mobility (aside from a speed pot) due to the fact they have to stop moving (like 90% slow) and shoot arrows (which have a chance to miss). If you can negate those two factors somehow, rangers are beastly classes. :p

tip: Power II, Infinity I (don't have to draw back as far for max damage.)

Ooooh boy. Ok, lemme go on a tangent here - Rangers are beastly - If the server isn't lagging whatsoever, the connection doesn't spike, and you have all the enchanted goodies and don't have to deal with fighting an opponent with greater mobility.

Let me make something clear right now - Rangers suck. Between everything else having either self healing or a huge amount of mobility/burst damage, we're great. If we're facing a complete fucking moron. Rangers have no melee presence whatsoever, so all it takes is just walking up fast enough to kill us. And don't tell me Punch II - Our reliance on enchanted items is fucking stupid. Not to mention that we have no presence in a team fight. There's so much chaos and bodies moving around that half the time, your arrows are slamming into an ally and are rendered useless more often than not.

I personally want ranger to be completely reworked. Nerf the arrow damage, and give us some kind of melee presence or mobility to disengage an enemy. And maybe some form of a useful AoE that doesn't involve suicide. IE Explosive arrow, hamstring for melee, and maybe reworking ice arrow to disable any movement speed buffs on the enemy.

I play ranger nowadays for two reasons - one being that I love the class. I just can't switch to another class and enjoy it the way I do ranger, it takes skill, and generally when the conditions are right, it's rewarding (Granted these conditions are very seldom in a good enough position to make it work. Think memory leak and trying to lead an arrow through that.). And two - I can track people. I don't think many rangers stay as rangers for any other reason other than that. I would love to be able to fight back against heavy mobility and burst-happy classes that can kite like no other. And be frigging useful in a team fight. Seriously, I'd die to have an explosive arrow instead of heartshot.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I tested samurai on test before the revamp went live, and if it means anything, I give it the le w0nd3r stamp of approval (as of right now, needs more testing) but for the most part is where it should be. However I would like to see 125 base sword dmg, js. I don't like having to work for my kills. I'm too bad to rely on skill, need OP class.

P.S. LOVE that cleave costs 10 stam, now these scrub sammys won't know what to do, Cleave, disarm, NO STAM!

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
That was a really good post, Xerot. I've tinkered with ranger before, it's a very nice class. I think the bow damage should probably only scale with level, and that they do infact need more skills.

Skills I'd like to see Ranger have:

ARROW-BASED

Explosive arrow replacing Heartshot, or just have both. Explosive arrow should deal pulse-like damage and balanced around the cost of Pulse-like damaging abilities. IMHO.

TRAPS

Web Trap. (30s-60s trap duration. effect only 4-5s)
Fire Trap. (summons 5 fireblocks in a + shape where you're standing that are invisible to other players. activating when they cross them. 30s-60s duration. effect would be a fire dot. nothing very op)
Dirt Trap. (new wall skill, used to escape from enemies.)

----OR----

Blood Union alike ability;

Predator - Increases movement speed while aiming your bow by 20% per Predator stack. Predator stacks are generated when you land an arrow or arrow based skill on a mob or player, resetting when you swap from either mobs or players. Maximum of 4 stacks. Replaces other Ranger modes when activated. (Works while firing a bow.) X stamina, X mana, 30 s cooldown.

I recommend a 4 stamina, 15% mana cost, and 30s CD.

This skill is meant to swap to when entering combat to balance ranger's lack of mobility. 80% movement bonus while firing the bow is not faster than someone sprint-jumping at you, even with the knockbacks from the bow. If it is, it should be balanced around this factor.

Hunter - Increases movement speed passively by 6% per Hunter stack. Hunter stacks are generated passively every 30 seconds. Maximum of 4 stacks. Replaces other Ranger modes when activated. (Works while firing a bow, sneaking, walking, or running.) X stamina, X mana, 45 s cooldown.

I recommend a 6 stamina, 20% mana cost, and 45s CD.

This skill is meant to hunt mobs easier and to help Rangers caught offgaurd defend themselves from creepers and other explosive melee encounters. It is not meant to be re-casted and it's stack mechanic should take a full 30 seconds before you generate your first 6% movement speed. It should probably not go over something around 12-24% movement speed increase. It's something meant to use in combat and out of combat and to get around faster, like you're an actual "RANGER" hunting prey with your higher agility/natural instincts.

Prey - Increases out of combat movement speed by 15 to 20%. Prey stacks 3 or 4 times and one is generated 5+ seconds after activation(ooc), then passively every 30 seconds out of combat. Prey and Prey stacks fall off when entering combat. Prey must be re-activated to enable it's effects again. Replaces other Ranger modes when activated. X stamina X mana 60s CD or longer.

I recommend a balancingly high stamina cost, and a long CD. I don't recommend a stupid high mana cost, if that would hurt Ranger's ability to wait a moment and begin attacking mobs.

This skill is meant to get around the map quicker only. It is a fun skill I'd like to see so rangers can track and catch people they're preying on. It's not meant for combat, and should not have an exaustive cost. A smart ranger would still switch from this to Hunter or Predator once he's gotten closer to his prey. This should not work with movement speed potions, it'll probably stack too insanely anyway. Also, it should basically be their "GTFO" skill if they are tracking someone and they're coming at them, they should be able to cast Prey and run away after a few moments being uncatchable until they've entered combat. I don't think it would be extremely IMBA, primarily due to the large amount of mobs, and the fact that once you've entered combat, you're not really gonna get away with this skill. I suggest not a short, but also not a long timer before you gain your first stack of Prey, so if you're hit by that bastard spider or aim botting skeleton, you can still re-activate Prey within a reasonable amount of time, but not enough time to make an unreasonably fast get-away or escape.

My thought process for Prey is to be used offensively to catch people you track. As in they are the Prey.

Defensively to run away BEFORE you're being attacked. As in you are the Prey.

Thoughts?