• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

(out dated) Releasing the HeroModPack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
When I try opening the technic launcher, nothing happens, it just sits there and pulls up this weird thing called "Start" did I do it wrong?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
When I try opening the technic launcher, nothing happens, it just sits there and pulls up this weird thing called "Start" did I do it wrong?
No idea what's going on there, what OS, Version of Java, and did you just download the latest Technic Launcher from the first post?

Aside from that:
NEW MOD! So I've been working away at getting HeroMod ported over to Forge as there are some things that HC will be using in the future that mods require Forge and not ModLoader. With this, I'm happy to say that there's another mod that we're going to be adding very soon (once HeroMod is safely ported to Forge), Dynamic Lights Mod!

It's a very useful mod, you can see the thread for it here: Dynamic Lights Mod

And a youtube video explaining what it does:

I will be testing this on my two computers I own and people who I trust to be smart enough to properly test the HeroModPack-DEV for us when needed as there are several parts of this mod that are somewhat hardware intensive but don't be afraid, this will NOT lag Herocraft AT ALL!

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
Um..Idk what I'm doing...but I hope this is right,
Mac OS X Version 10.7.5
Processor 1.6GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 2GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Starup Disk Macintosh HD
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

I just pulled this crap our of the (About this mac) Button Don't know what the heck any of that means.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Um..Idk what I'm doing...but I hope this is right,
Mac OS X Version 10.7.5
Processor 1.6GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 2GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Starup Disk Macintosh HD
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

I just pulled this crap our of the (About this mac) Button Don't know what the heck any of that means.
Can you go into terminal (when in Finder, hit Cmd+Shift+U, scroll to Terminal, open that) and type
java -version
Copy that line and paste the output here please.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I'm lagging shit right now, this will mean i cant run it, great.
I don't know, Optifine is included in the modpack, there's nothing installed that could lag the client, can you try to set up Optifine to all the lowest settings?

xShonounx

Gold
Looks amazing, finally get to learn how to use macros, will REALLY be important when I hit lvl 60 Ninja. I followed all the instructions, works beautifully, nice work! :)

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Also, we've started accepting Beta Testers for the ModPack!

This isn't for the faint of heart, we need people who know how to experiment with their installation of Technic Launcher and who know how to READ EVERYTHING AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ;). This Beta ModPack will not always be functional and it may be very buggy and sometimes unplayable. So please think about replying when you won't give a lot of time

Application Format:
IGN: gabizou
How long have you been active on Herocraft: Lately, only 2 months, before that, I was active for over a year.
Do you know how to install mods with Forge/ModLoader and to the Minecraft.jar: Yes
Can you write detailed reports when something breaks: Yes

That's that.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Updated the first post with Rumblestikk's method of the modpack. This is totally not recommended but it's made available for those that wish to NOT use the Technic Launcher.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I can't open terminal, Is there a way I can use the newest technic launcher?
How are you unable to open Terminal? You can also try googling "Java version check online" and report back what version of Java you're using.

xShonounx

Gold
I have a suggestion for an add-on to the Heromod: when you have skills active like Sneak or Fade, it shows something on the side of your screen. Just a little suggestion! :)

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
I went to java.com/verify/ and it said this
You have the recommended Java installed (Version 7 Update 17).

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I went to java.com/verify/ and it said this
You have the recommended Java installed (Version 7 Update 17).
That would be why. Technic Launcher doesn't work on Java 7 for Mac OS X. Java 6 is required for Technic Launcher on Mac OS X, there's a video showing how to fix it:

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
IGN: Hydroking77
How long have you been active on Herocraft: 1 year & 8months
Do you know how to install mods with Forge/ModLoader and to the Minecraft.jar: Yes

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
IGN: Drastikos
How long have you been active on Herocraft: Years.. (Sanctum)

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
IGN: Hydroking77
How long have you been active on Herocraft: 1 year & 8months
Accepted, check pm's.
IGN: Drastikos
How long have you been active on Herocraft: Years.. (Sanctum)
Accepted, check pm's.

Aside from that, I've discovered a chat mod that is designed for simplicity!

TabbyChat - Imagine all the channels that you wish to listen to without the spam of help chat or tour chat, in TABS!

The upside is that Macros assigned to keybinds works, however in-chat gui stuff is taken over by TabbyChat so all those gui buttons will NOT show up. I do need everyone's opinion on this as it is very useful for people like staff who must listen to the spam in Tour chat, but also for players who wish to isolate themselves in a specific chanel :)

Please share your thoughts!

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Accepted, check pm's.

Accepted, check pm's.

Aside from that, I've discovered a chat mod that is designed for simplicity!

TabbyChat - Imagine all the channels that you wish to listen to without the spam of help chat or tour chat, in TABS!

The upside is that Macros assigned to keybinds works, however in-chat gui stuff is taken over by TabbyChat so all those gui buttons will NOT show up. I do need everyone's opinion on this as it is very useful for people like staff who must listen to the spam in Tour chat, but also for players who wish to isolate themselves in a specific chanel :)

Please share your thoughts!
It looks nice, and I personally don't think I would have a problem with it. To know for sure I would have to be actually using it, but otherwise, sounds good!

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Update 1.2.8!
- Added TabbyChat! We can now have channels in tabs in chat! You no longer need to worry about the chat spam in that one channel, you can isolate your focus on OffTopic or your own town chat :)
- Added some default filters to TabbyChat

Note: To edit TabbyChat, SHIFT CLICK the * (all chat tab) to open the TabbyChat Menu. Everything can be adjusted here, including default channel tabs and filters.

Calovichi

Legacy Supporter 5
IGN: kdog8936
How long have you been active on Herocraft: 1 month

Status
Not open for further replies.