• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

October Notes

JacobBurkey

Portal
- Smaller resident towns will be charged a base of 100c and it will scale by 25% with each tier.

So the taxes are staying daily still? It's so tiresome for smaller sized town to keep up with the tax already...now it's more daily... only towns that don't care about the tax are the bigger towns, which we all can't have.

At least we get more chunks!!

MajorasMask

Ungodly
- Smaller resident towns will be charged a base of 100c and it will scale by 25% with each tier.

Does this mean that all towns will have to pay at least 100s a day in upkeep?

Please clarify as this'll mean I'll lose my town in a few days.

WendyMarvell

Legacy Supporter 3

Yeah, I think this really sucks for the smaller towns/groups that only want to own a bit of land for a few people. A tax for a 2x2 town goes up by over double.

Unless it's not wanted for small groups/solo players without a ton of cash to be able to claim lands :(

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah, I think this really sucks for the smaller towns/groups that only want to own a bit of land for a few people. A tax for a 2x2 town goes up by over double.

Unless it's not wanted for small groups/solo players without a ton of cash to be able to claim lands :(
Maybe those PR's will come back soon?
Maybe?
No?
Ok...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

No, the smaller towns pay less upkeep based on their size. Its a % of 100c. So a 1 person town pays 10% (10c), scaling to 25c for 2 person (Hamlet)
The exact amounts will be posted here. They will change as needed and we're taking feedback on it now.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Clarification of this
- Smaller resident towns will be charged a base of 100c and get a bonus or a penalty depending on size. 1 member towns start at 10c and scale to 10 being 100c. Metro will be 250c based on the multipliers, exact configs will be released soon.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
No, the smaller towns pay less upkeep based on their size. Its a % of 100c. So a 1 person town pays 10% (10c), scaling to 25c for 2 person (Hamlet)
The exact amounts will be posted here. They will change as needed and we're taking feedback on it now.

Ah right.

So my town at the moment has 4 chunks and I currently pay 40s a day for it. Only I live in the town.

Under the new system would I be paying 10s a day?

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Im confused.. so, if my town has 4 chunks and 14 people how much will we be paying per day/week?

Junarcel

Legacy Supporter 3
I have a two chunk town with 4 people in it, it's pretty much a giant house.. how much will I have to pay 4 that?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Ah right.

So my town at the moment has 4 chunks and I currently pay 40s a day for it. Only I live in the town.

Under the new system would I be paying 10s a day?
You'll be paying 10c, because its a one person town.

I have a two chunk town with 4 people in it, it's pretty much a giant house.. how much will I have to pay 4 that?

The below is whats going in at 230AM. Note that the upkeepmodifier will increase or decrease the "base" of 100c depending on the resident amount. Tax is something that we will change when and if we feel it necessary, so it'll be somewhat fluid. The modifier is mainly thing only thing that will be changing.
Code:
levels:
  # default Town levels.
  town_level:
  - numResidents: 0
    namePostfix: ' Ruins'
    mayorPrefix: 'Spirit '
    namePrefix: ''
    mayorPostfix: ''
    townBlockLimit: 1
    upkeepModifier: 1.0
  - numResidents: 1
    namePostfix: ' (Settlement)'
    mayorPrefix: 'Hermit '
    townBlockLimit: 8
    upkeepModifier: 0.1
  - numResidents: 2
    namePostfix: ' (Hamlet)'
    mayorPrefix: 'Chief '
    townBlockLimit: 16
    upkeepModifier: 0.25
  - numResidents: 6
    namePostfix: ' (Village)'
    mayorPrefix: 'Baron '
    townBlockLimit: 96
    upkeepModifier: 0.50
  - numResidents: 10
    namePostfix: ' (Town)'
    mayorPrefix: 'Viscount '
    townBlockLimit: 160
    upkeepModifier: 1.0
  - numResidents: 15
    namePostfix: ' (Large Town)'
    mayorPrefix: 'Count '
    townBlockLimit: 150
    upkeepModifier: 1.25
  - numResidents: 25
    namePostfix: ' (City)'
    mayorPrefix: 'Earl '
    townBlockLimit: 250
    upkeepModifier: 1.5
  - numResidents: 35
    namePostfix: ' (Large City)'
    mayorPrefix: 'Duke '
    townBlockLimit: 350
    upkeepModifier: 2.0
  - numResidents: 45
    namePostfix: ' (Metropolis)'
    mayorPrefix: 'Lord '
    townBlockLimit: 400
    upkeepModifier: 2.5

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It's a week late, but tomorrow the activation of the new switch ID's is coming active --- note DOORS/TRAPDOORS etc will not be toggled on the list of usable (everyone will be able to use them)
switch_ids: DISPENSER,NOTE_BLOCK,LEVER,STONE_PLATE,WOOD_PLATE,STONE_BUTTON,
JUKEBOX,DIODE_BLOCK_OFF,DIODE_BLOCK_ON,TRAPPED_CHEST,GOLD_PLATE,IRON_PLATE,REDSTONE_COMPARATOR_OFF,
REDSTONE_COMPARATOR_ON,BEACON,HOPPER,DROPPER,MINECART,POWERED_MINECART,CARROT_STICK,EXPLOSIVE_MINECART,HOPPER_MINECART

Last edited:

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Hi @Kainzo, pardon me for my ignorance, but I am not tracking with the new town tax system. Can you help me?

Before the patch, I had 7 town members, and we used 4 chunks. The town's daily tax was 40c/day. We wished to grow slowly and felt that 10c/day per chunk increase was simple to understand, and our expansion could happen over time when we were ready.

After the patch, I have 7 town members, and we use 4 chunks. The town's daily tax is now almost double at 75c/day. I am unsure how expanding works now, and if I increase my chunks, how much more the tax will increase as a result. Regardless, for the amount of time that my townsfolk play, a double in daily tax occurs to be a significant increase, especially without any greater town size advantage.

Thank you for your help,

-yav

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hi @Kainzo, pardon me for my ignorance, but I am not tracking with the new town tax system. Can you help me?

Before the patch, I had 7 town members, and we used 4 chunks. The town's daily tax was 40c/day. We wished to grow slowly and felt that 10c/day per chunk increase was simple to understand, and our expansion could happen over time when we were ready.

After the patch, I have 7 town members, and we use 4 chunks. The town's daily tax is now almost double at 75c/day. I am unsure how expanding works now, and if I increase my chunks, how much more the tax will increase as a result. Regardless, for the amount of time that my townsfolk play, a double in daily tax occurs to be a significant increase, especially without any greater town size advantage.

Thank you for your help,

-yav
You are no longer taxed based on chunks owned it is now solely based on "tier" of your town, which is directly correlated :(for now) to how many members you have.

Joining a Nation will reduce your tax by 25% So if you want to get back to 40/50c a day, I suggest joining a Nation and really driving home "voting" for 45c a day to your members to help cover the tax.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
You are no longer taxed based on chunks owned it is now solely based on "tier" of your town, which is directly correlated :(for now) to how many members you have.

Joining a Nation will reduce your tax by 25% So if you want to get back to 40/50c a day, I suggest joining a Nation and really driving home "voting" for 45c a day to your members to help cover the tax.

Thank you for the reply... so you are saying that I can have as many chunks as I want up to the maximum number of townsfolk I have for 75c/day, or is there some other way to measure the number of chunks I can have?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Thank you for the reply... so you are saying that I can have as many chunks as I want up to the maximum number of townsfolk I have for 75c/day, or is there some other way to measure the number of chunks I can have?
Each tier has chunk allotments - you can go up to 8 per player (give or take)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
A little bit of more information on the towny / upkeep system we have in place.
http://towny.palmergames.com/towny/757-2/#Taxes_and_Upkeep
Towns who join Nations get an automatic 25% off upkeep from the server. Nations can set tax rates on each Town that joins individually.
If a nation falls, the towns stay and nothing changes except the bonus is missed for the upkeep incentive.
Upkeep = money taken from the server to fight inflation and prevent decaying/dead towns from flourishing
Tax = something a leader charges their underlings or townlings.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
- Custom items and recipes are now based on a better future-proof system. Far less breaks will happen due to misspellings or enchantment randomizations. This is a backend change for the future of items