• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

October Notes

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
- Global Market now has an expiration of 1 week for all items placed.
- Listings are now restricted to 20 per person unless they are merchants.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
8.1.5 - Going live Friday @ 230AM
Revamped Towns Tax and Bank System
- Towns are now charged tax based on a flat rate and size.
- New Town plots now cost 75c (down from 100c)
- Per-plot tax has been removed in favor of a more robust system for town growth.
- Smaller resident towns will be charged a base of 100c and it will scale by 25% with each tier.
- Nations can now have 10,000c in their bank, while towns can have 5,000c. Any town with above the amount will not be able to deposit more until its below that amount.
- Nation cost has been reduced to 5000c
- A max-tax perday has been set to 1000c, down from 5000c.
Heroes Targeting System Changes
- Name binds have been removed.

Last edited:

Guardian787

Legacy Supporter 9
- New Town plots now cost 75c (down from 100c)
- Per-plot tax has been removed in favor of a more robust system for town growth.
- Smaller resident towns will be charged a base of 100c and it will scale by 25% with each tier.
- Nations can now have 10,000c in their bank, while towns can have 5,000c. Any town with above the amount will not be able to deposit more until its below that amount.

How much will it take to form a nation now? If towns can only have 5,000c in their bank and the money to form a nation comes out of the town's bank that is going to be the Capital, it would have to be below 5,000c and also still leave rooms for the town to be able to pay taxes at least for the following day or two.

Also when will this be implemented as I just logged in and checked and when I do ./towny prices it still says my daily upkeep and cost to buy additional chunks is the same as it was.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
How much will it take to form a nation now? If towns can only have 5,000c in their bank and the money to form a nation comes out of the town's bank that is going to be the Capital, it would have to be below 5,000c and also still leave rooms for the town to be able to pay taxes at least for the following day or two.

Also when will this be implemented as I just logged in and checked and when I do ./towny prices it still says my daily upkeep and cost to buy additional chunks is the same as it was.
Nation is now costing 5000c - you will need a full town bank to purchase a nation.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
8.1.5 - Going live Friday @ 230AM
- Nation cost has been reduced to 5000c

Any information yet as to what that size/tier is set?
It sounds like it's a system like: 1-10 chunks = 100c/day 11-20 chunks = 250c/day 21-30 chunks = 500c/day.....
Is it something like that and if so are we able to get them numbers? I am curious where they landed :D

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Also what will the daily upkeep be for the nations now, which would need to come out of the nation's bank.
Daily upkeep is 100c for nations, scaling with the Nations size. Just like tiers.
Any information yet as to what that size/tier is set?
It sounds like it's a system like: 1-10 chunks = 100c/day 11-20 chunks = 250c/day 21-30 chunks = 500c/day.....
Is it something like that and if so are we able to get them numbers? I am curious where they landed :D
The size is % based, so with more members, your tax increases. This allows for towns to expand their borders while managing players. It equates to a little under 10c per person per day but now they have a lot more chunk-room.
Taxing players is 100% up to mayors, as it should be.