• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Balance Team Meeting: Mondays @ 6PM CST

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Balance Team meeting notes from last week – 5 October 2015 – continued

Towns:

What players want:
  • Safety for their items (if town is well-planned) and their regioned builds – don’t want to come online and find stuff destroyed
  • Objectives for town members to strive toward together
  • War options for players to opt into, rather than have imposed on them
  • Shared objectives for all players, added thrill of war etc for some players
Ideas for war-type objectives:
  • Concerns about current Towny war – chunks are won and lose region protections, become griefable
  • Suggestion - Conquest points related to towns, built nearby, prizes for winning
  • If enough members are on in a town, they need to defend it – if they don’t defend it, they start losing something
  • Prizes for towns winning these conquest points
  • Code would need to check whether a town has a conquest point, and whether enough people are online to attack it
Possibilities:
  • Towny war is being revamped, waiting to see how that will go
  • Purchaseblocks and bonusblocks with Towny – towns could gain bonusblocks for achieving objectives
  • Town upgrade requirements ie collection of items – would require a town bank that accepts items – not Towny but a separate system that interfaces with Towny @0xNaomi
  • It seems Towny doesn’t fire an event when a town moves from one tier to the next (based on number of citizens) so wouldn’t be able to attach requirements to tier upgrades (is this accurate, @0xNaomi?)
  • Investigate whether Towny chunks could be based on 8x8 rather than 16x16 so that more players can be given smaller plots
  • TNT plugin – block destruction/regen, killing players behind walls, items in chests are generally safe unless you aim the cannon to take the dirt off the top but not hit the chest (pretty much impossible), chest is destroyed by TNT and regenerates with items intact
Coming in:
  • Kainzo is adjusting town costs - block claim costs and daily tax rate

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
So many tags...
Town upgrade requirements ie collection of items – would require a town bank that accepts items – not Towny but a separate system that interfaces with Towny @0xNaomi
The only way I see to interface with Towny is to grant "Bonus Blocks" ("town block" = chunk, because reasons) using an external setup which happens to mimic an old Town Bank for items (we can use Towny's for currency). That way you get more expansion for doing things.

It seems Towny doesn’t fire an event when a town moves from one tier to the next (based on number of citizens) so wouldn’t be able to attach requirements to tier upgrades (is this accurate, @0xNaomi?)
Aye. Can't even cancel people joining properly to prevent it expanding on its own.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Targeted skills are being changed over to a new targeting mechanic - raycast targeting - and this is going live with Friday's patch (tomorrow). This changes how targeted skills are... targeted. :D Thank you to @Soren_Endon for the coding.

These changed mechanics can only be properly tested under live game conditions - so hold onto your hairnets it if isn't all perfect to start with - your CONSTRUCTIVE feedback is needed to improve things.

Read here for an overview of the effects and implications on all "targeted skills." Heals have a one block tolerance, all other targeted skills have a 0.2 block tolerance. Check that your skills are getting the targets you're aiming for.

The most affected skills will be HEALS - so please get your healers together into parties and fire up some battles. Also hit the dungeons and try your targeted skills out on mobs.

As for feedback, I understand there might be a dedicated thread @Kainzo @0xNaomi and in any case we have the next Balance meeting in just a few days.

Thank you for your contributions! @Balance Team

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
As something to note here.. they arent "beams" persay, the graphical representation wont be there like on actual BEAM mechanics.

@oxnaomi can correct me if im wrong, however, I think it would be neat to have the particles/effects explode similarly.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
As something to note here.. they arent "beams" persay, the graphical representation wont be there like on actual BEAM mechanics.
I'm talking to Soren to get my terminology sorted. Will continue to edit my post until I get it right.

Last edited:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff

@oxnaomi can correct me if im wrong, however, I think it would be neat to have the particles/effects explode similarly.
It is the same tech but if we had graphics on it people would probably spam it. Though it would look cool.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Single target skills have a tolerance of 1 block around the hitbox, multi-target skills have less tolerance. Check that your skills are getting the targets you're aiming for.
Still not quite on the ball with your thoughts. There are no "multi targetted" skills (not even sure how that'd work). Heals I changed the config for a 1.0 block hit tolerance, everything else defaults to 0.2.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
You forgot the other two sets of things that are TargettedSkills but were in other screencaps, BaseHeal and BaseSpije

5fcf3d46b5.png

5ac6d6db09.png

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Balance meeting Summary:
Paladin
Paladin remove interrupt on reckoning and 0xNaomi is looking into coding layhands so it directly correlates with your mana percentage, ie 50% mana 50% heal.
Dragoon
Remove interrupt on spear.
Stormcaller
Remove GTP.
Shaman
EngulfingTotem reduced radius to 8 blocks and edited the tick to be 1 second.
Illusionist
Changed Chronophage to timerune, kept the name.
Necromancer
0xnaomi is looking into giving harmshield Absorption hearts and no knockback.
Sorcerer
Arcanestorm increased range to 8 blocks
@Balance Team

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Also would be nice if we started accepting applications, we need more active people, I suggest the ones that already go to the meeting, I would not mind doing this myself if I was allowed to.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Balance Meeting Summary
Greatcombustion: made it targetable kept everything else the same
Arcanestorm: reverted the range back to 10, 5 blocks radius
Increased the scaling for druid pve skills, ire, bolt, quake and left clicks do more to mobs
I did not get notes for any dungeon changes
@Balance Team

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Balance Meeting Summary
Greatcombustion: made it targetable kept everything else the same
Arcanestorm: reverted the range back to 10, 5 blocks radius
Increased the scaling for druid pve skills, ire, bolt, quake and left clicks do more to mobs
I did not get notes for any dungeon changes
@Balance Team
I did not change Bolt as it's shared with Wizard. Perhaps some other time we can make it a separate skill but for now I figured better safe.