• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ninja rework

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm sorry dude, but your suggestion isn't good. The passive invis would be bad because all the guy has to do is do massive damage run away out of combat and then go into invis without stamina. The invis should be for 2-3 minutes on a 1 minute cd and cost like 200-400 stamina maybe even more as it is a incredible escape skill/damage skill for backstabbing someone. The instakill is a bad idea in general as no class should have an instakill.

The funny thing is though you say instakill and it isn't a instakill, but even if you have requirements and say your bad if you can't hit someone in. .5 seconds do you understand what .5 seconds is? Please don't suggest anything until you get a little older to understand what math is and to learn other sorts of grammar.
Exaclty! 0.5 seconds is 500 milliseconds.
Here is a handy website to test Your reaction time: http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/
Now add you ping to that: http://www.pingtest.net/

Now the average reaction time of humans is around 200 milliseconds. If you are in the Us you will have around 40-150 ping (also in milliseconds) delay based on your IP and how far you live from the server. So at OPTIMAL conditions you have a 1/4 second timeframe where you would be able to prevent the instakill.

Here is the final nail in the coffin: All skills have a 0.5 second global cooldown between skills. this means if they used a skill and you use the assassination right after, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to counter.

Now that we got over that, I think we should discuss the possible removal of blackjack and an alteration on how ninja becomes invisible

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Ninja

Ninja: Skills

Tumble 1 passive
You are able to fall (3 + 0.1 per agility point) additional# blocks without taking damage.

Sneak 1 400 3 sec cd
You go into a sneaking state for 8 minutes, which holds if you attack but is cancelled if you are attacked or otherwise damaged.

Kick 1 250 9 sec cd
You deal (40 + 1.25 per strength point) damage to your target (within 4 blocks) and silence your target for 2.5 seconds such that they can't use skills.

Backstab 1 passive
When attacking from behind with your sword, you do an extra (2.25 per agility point) damage. While sneaking your attacks are more precise and deal an additional (4.5 per agility point) damage.

Envenom 5 75 300 30 sec cd
You apply a deadly venom to your sword and arrows for 14 seconds. Your attacks cause great pain, dealing an extra (4 + 0.25 per intellect point) damage to your target.

Fade 10 25 250 30 sec cd
You become invisible for 30 seconds when the light level is 8 or less. Your protection ends if you move. Although you can still be damaged by weapons and projectiles, and by AoE effects, other skills will not find you.

Lightning shrunken 15 125 200 20 sec cd
You deal (75 + 1 per intellect point) lightning damage to your target within (6 + 0.025 per intellect point) blocks. Pierces armor.

Stealth 20 50 500 1 min cd
For 2 minutes, you are invisible, and can execute some of your more stealthy skills. Although you can still be damaged by weapons and projectiles, and by AoE effects, other skills will not find you.

Backflip 25 300 6 sec
You leap backwards through the air. Agility points increase the vigor of your leap! When you have learned your Shuriken skill (but not just used it such that it is on cool down), it will activate automatically as you Backflip.

Blackjack 35 500 35 sec You hit your target within 5 blocks with a blackjack, dealing (35 + 1.125 per strength point) damage and stunning them for (1.25 + 0.044 per charisma point) seconds. If you are invisible or sneaking the damage is greater at (70 + 1.125 per strength point) damage.

DeathMark 40 450 1 min 200 hp
You mark a target for death for 30 seconds during which time your compass will point directly to their location and they will take an extra 10% damage from your attacks. Takes 10 seconds to warm up.

Energize 45 175 1 min
You pay 175 mana points to restore 500 stamina to yourself.

Eviscerate 50 500 30 sec
Your sword deals (130 + 2 per strength point) instant damage to your target within 4 blocks, bypassing armor.

GrapplingHook 55 400 16 sec You attach a grappling hook to your next arrow fired within 4 seconds. If you aim up and hit the landscape you are pulled to the point where your arrow lands (up to 40 blocks away) and are protected from fall damage for 4.5 seconds. If you hit a target (player or mob), it is pulled to you. However, if you aim at the same level or lower than yourself, the power of the shot is halved and you are not protected from fall damage. The grappling hook weighs down your arrows, affecting their trajectory.

EscapeArtist 60 250 2 min
Over 5 seconds, you break free of all stuns, slows or other effects that impede your movement, and gain a speed boost, moving twice as fast.

Lvl 65?

Just a suggestion add what you want I just fixed some damage that was really not needed because of how much they can dish out

Blind is a lot stronger then people think it is a very strong silence for any class

Exaclty! 0.5 seconds is 500 milliseconds.
Here is a handy website to test Your reaction time: http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/
Now add you ping to that: http://www.pingtest.net/

Now the average reaction time of humans is around 200 milliseconds. If you are in the Us you will have around 40-150 ping (also in milliseconds) delay based on your IP and how far you live from the server. So at OPTIMAL conditions you have a 1/4 second timeframe where you would be able to prevent the instakill.

Here is the final nail in the coffin: All skills have a 0.5 second global cooldown between skills. this means if they used a skill and you use the assassination right after, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to counter.

Now that we got over that, I think we should discuss the possible removal of blackjack and an alteration on how ninja becomes invisible
why do u need a skill to counter? just left click.
people can get upward of 80 clicks per 10 seconds easily. u have 2 clicks, if u cant hit him, ur should die.
I'm sorry dude, but your suggestion isn't good. The passive invis would be bad because all the guy has to do is do massive damage run away out of combat and then go into invis without stamina. The invis should be for 2-3 minutes on a 1 minute cd and cost like 200-400 stamina maybe even more as it is a incredible escape skill/damage skill for backstabbing someone. The instakill is a bad idea in general as no class should have an instakill.

The funny thing is though you say it is an instakill, but it isn't an instakill and even if you have requirements and say your bad if you can't hit someone in. .5 seconds do you understand what .5 seconds is? Please don't suggest anything until you get a little older to understand what math is and to learn other sorts of grammar.

Not trying to hate on you dude, but the idea is just not good.

Also I'm so confused on what your even saying after the passive invis, blitz only working in water like what?
Thank you for doing this, even as one of my regular haters.
Plz read the whole thing though.
Ninja will have their heath more than halved.
Ninja will have wizard melee damage, what massive damage? if u get killed by a meleeing wizard (this class would have even less hp than a wizard)
Think about the insta kill this way, a skill that requires the target to be extremely drugged before executed, they cant just come up to u and kill u.mybe not insta kill then, just make it do 1000000 damage.
When they come withing melee range to poison u, u can see them and kill them
If they try to drug u through dart spam, u will still know hes around, and thus can pay more attention.
.5 seconds is mastered! it starts at a higher amount for novice assassins, lowers with agil and lvl.
this class needs materials, lots of sugar and shrooms and arrows to play

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
why do u need a skill to counter? just left click.
people can get upward of 80 clicks per 10 seconds easily. u have 2 clicks, if u cant hit him, ur should die.

Thank you for doing this, even as one of my regular haters.
Plz read the whole thing though.
Ninja will have their heath more than halved.
Ninja will have wizard melee damage, what massive damage? if u get killed by a meleeing wizard (this class would have even less hp than a wizard)
Think about the insta kill this way, a skill that requires the target to be extremely drugged before executed, they cant just come up to u and kill u.mybe not insta kill then, just make it do 1000000 damage.
When they come withing melee range to poison u, u can see them and kill them
If they try to drug u through dart spam, u will still know hes around, and thus can pay more attention.
.5 seconds is mastered! it starts at a higher amount for novice assassins, lowers with agil and lvl.
this class needs materials, lots of sugar and shrooms and arrows to play
Wrong yet again if you were to click 80 times in 10 seconds in minecraft probably only 15-25 of those would be registered as a minecraft swing the time between each swing is an interval of around .2-.4 seconds so please stop and think of all possibilities like connection speed your mouse and your computers speed. Learn math please it will help you.

If you halved a ninjas health I would and so would every class on the server shit on your face. I wish we could just give this class to you to show you how horrible it is. Dude please listen to what your suggesting and take time to think clean thoughts and actually correct your grammar.

Big thing take a recording of yourself doing 80 clicks in 10 seconds while fighting in minecraft pvp so that you aren't actually trying to just solely click the button of the mouse with all your attention. (Accuracy)

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
As a balance team member our job is to balance skills. things like HP/Melee dmg/etc is up to Delf/Kainzo. I HIGHLY doubt they would do something like halving ninja's HP. Try to keep that in mind when you make suggestions.

Now, in reference of you "just left click comment", I'll explain to you invincibility frames. Typically a fighting game term, it describes the number of frames a character is immune to dmg. This can happen with special moves and is also common in dodge rolls in RPGs. Now, how does this affect minecraft? The same thing occurs whenever a player takes "Vanilla Dmg". This can be sword swing, fall dmg, fire, etc. This is the reason that no matter how fast you swing, there is a limit to how much dmg you can inflict on a person. I could go on how to avoid the timer and how to remove it, but that would take too long.

If you are dead set on an "Assasination" skill, the only thing I could think of is converting eviscerate to a more powerful, but stealth only skill.

Wrong yet again if you were to click 80 times in 10 seconds in minecraft probably only 15-25 of those would be registered as a minecraft swing the time between each swing is an interval of around .2-.4 seconds so please stop and think of all possibilities like connection speed your mouse and your computers speed. Learn math please it will help you.

If you halved a ninjas health I would and so would every class on the server shit on your face. I wish we could just give this class to you to show you how horrible it is. Dude please listen to what your suggesting and take time to think clean thoughts and actually correct your grammar.

Big thing take a recording of yourself doing 80 clicks in 10 seconds while fighting in minecraft pvp so that you aren't actually trying to just solely click the button of the mouse with all your attention. (Accuracy)
Not recording my self... Thank u for ur thoughts regardless, i appreciate the not uberhate mode. I'll think about this.
As a balance team member our job is to balance skills. things like HP/Melee dmg/etc is up to Delf/Kainzo. I HIGHLY doubt they would do something like halving ninja's HP. Try to keep that in mind when you make suggestions.

Now, in reference of you "just left click comment", I'll explain to you invincibility frames. Typically a fighting game term, it describes the number of frames a character is immune to dmg. This can happen with special moves and is also common in dodge rolls in RPGs. Now, how does this affect minecraft? The same thing occurs whenever a player takes "Vanilla Dmg". This can be sword swing, fall dmg, fire, etc. This is the reason that no matter how fast you swing, there is a limit to how much dmg you can inflict on a person. I could go on how to avoid the timer and how to remove it, but that would take too long.

If you are dead set on an "Assasination" skill, the only thing I could think of is converting eviscerate to a more powerful, but stealth only skill.
the left click part was for when u said u missed a skill and was screwed over by that, just mentioning there may be another way out.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Not recording my self... Thank u for ur thoughts regardless, i appreciate the not uberhate mode. I'll think about this.

the left click part was for when u said u missed a skill and was screwed over by that, just mentioning there may be another way out.
No way out of insta-kill baby :p

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
No offense because I have no idea if your trolling or not, but almost all your ideas are horrible. Almost, I really liked the envenom suggestion though.